News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Three Forks April 17-18th

Started by mtmisfit, April 19, 2010, 12:17:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mtmisfit

April in Montana!

Beautiful weather, sunshine and mild temps for the most part.

Four shooters earned their Rifleman patches on Sunday!   ^:)^

2 new orange hats were recruited.  O0

Thanks Cloddhopper, Pa Rah, montana shooter, Bru & Glocker21 for running a fun and safe shoot.

Thanks Shootimus Maximus for providing the range.

Pictures to follow.
"Count it the greatest sin to prefer life to honor, and for the sake of living to lose what makes life worth having."

"Lo Que Sea, Cuando Sea, Donde Sea"

".. You MUST learn from the mistakes of others. You can't possibly live long enough to make them all yourself..."

"central planning cannot work because it is trying to substitute an individual all-knowing intelligence for a distributed and fragmented system of localized but connected knowledge."

"Process and Procedure are the last hiding place of people without the wit and wisdom to do their job properly."

glocker21

I will have pics posted his evening. I agree with Misfit...the weather was great the shooting was wonderful...wishes for more Appleseeds this spring abound.

My thanks to Cloddhopper, Pa Rah, montana shooter, Bru, and Misfit as well.

We had lots of eager new shooters with some veteran shooters as well. Lots of good chear!

Tjhe Volley at 1400 Mountain time sent chils up and down my spine and many of the shooters commented about that as well. I will try to arrange for a Bagpiper for next year to play Taps or Amazing Grace after the volley

Glocker21
"Americans, both politicians and voters, may have become corrupted by big government beyond redemption.

A virtuous government requires a virtuous people.

A frugal government requires a selfâˆ'reliant people.

A free country requires people who value liberty more than
money."
Charley Reese

Mark Davis

I came home with an extra bostic stapler.

glocker21

Quote from: clodhopper on April 19, 2010, 08:03:18 PM
I came home with an extra bostic stapler.

Stapler accumulator...lol
"Americans, both politicians and voters, may have become corrupted by big government beyond redemption.

money."
Charley Reese

mtmisfit

"Count it the greatest sin to prefer life to honor, and for the sake of living to lose what makes life worth having."

".. You MUST learn from the mistakes of others. You can't possibly live long enough to make them all yourself..."

"central planning cannot work because it is trying to substitute an individual all-knowing intelligence for a distributed and fragmented system of localized but connected knowledge."

"Process and Procedure are the last hiding place of people without the wit and wisdom to do their job properly."

red rider

Thanks to all the instructors for a great weekend and great instruction!

Cariboo

First time Appleseed for both me and my brother...nice people and great weather. I thought I knew something about shooting, but one thing I learned was that I don't know poop. But, that will change.

Thanks to all the instructors, especially Misfit for babysitting my 1917 Sat. night  :-[

Craig

mtmisfit

No problem, she was very well behaved!

more pictures

Stargazer

What a great weekend and opportunity to mix with great people who are passionate about patriotism, our history,  and the art of the Rifleman (or should that be Rifleperson?)!  Thanks to all volunteer instructors for sharing their expertise with enthusiasm!  I look forward to becoming more involved with RWVA and Appleseeds, and am spreading the word far and wide (as did Paul Revere)!

Chris  ^:)^

mtmisfit

mtmisfit

CHALK22

This was my first AS event, and it was a great one. I really learned a lot about NPOA, sling usage, and more. I will be back (I got an orange hat, so I guess I have to at some point! ::)) finally shot a 211 ^:)^ on sunday, and no shower for me, no matter how hard y'all tried!! It might take me a while to get another 500 rounds loaded up, but it will be worth the time! Thanks again!

Now, if we can only get more AS events closer to/in Missoula........ :---
211-227-216
"You can pay for school, but you can't buy class!" Jay-Z

Mark Davis

We now have 5 riflemen and women from the Three Forks shoot.
Last Sunday Cody was very close when his scope barfed.
Today after shooting a redcoat, squares, and a couple zombies we shot the AQT 3X. Cody got 203, 213, and 214. He is now a Man amoungst men...
A rifleman!

red rider

glocker21

Good job Cody! Keep on Keepin on

money."
Charley Reese

Mogget

Geez.  Love those pictures.  There's rooooommmm out there in Montana!

Mogs

CHALK22

Hehe, they can shoot up to 1000 yards at that range! :bow:
211-227-216
"You can pay for school, but you can't buy class!" Jay-Z

Mark Davis

Hey Mogs, we are having a boot camp in Sept. Come on out we might be able to find space for you!

montana shooter

The American Creed:  "Conservative in fundamental prinicples.....but the principles conserved are liberal, and some, indeed, are radical!"  Gunnar Myrdal

Never surrender freedom for laws that can't affect criminals;  they disobey laws for a living!

montana shooter

dang technology won't let me respond sometimes....says I've over stayed my welcome.  Thanks to all who helped out at the Appleseed recently at the Samuel Whittemore Memorial Range.  First, thanks to the Beardsley family for letting us impose upon them.
Second....a hearty round of hazaas to Pah Rah and Clodhopper for orchestrating and making sure the shoot was safe, informative, and ultimately successful.  Four Rifleman......sweeeeeet!.
Glocker....keep up the gazillions of miles you have to travel to keep the Montana shoots alive....and thanks to the newbies who want to help out with future events.

see you out there!
The American Creed:  "Conservative in fundamental prinicples.....but the principles conserved are liberal, and some, indeed, are radical!"  Gunnar Myrdal

Never surrender freedom for laws that can't affect criminals;  they disobey laws for a living!