News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Alton, IL 4/10 AAR

Started by rprlrpc, April 18, 2010, 08:24:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reveille

You know I just can't get over this picture.  I did not post it with the first batch and I think it deserves it's own post.  I think this guy would still be shooting had we stayed indefintly.  Keep practicing and it will all come together. :~ Thanks for sharing your weekend and learning our heritage O0
Reveille.
A firearm is only an instrument. It contains no evil, no conscience, and no ability. It is strictly the intent, competence, and character of its user that decide the outcome of any and all actions taken with it.

mtbrass

Thanks for the extra pic Reveille, showed it to my son and his response was "you can't question my dedication" or something like that- they are all wondering when we are going back!

Reveille

Great to hear!  Perseverance is hard to come by. Tell him to keep up the great work. O0
A firearm is only an instrument. It contains no evil, no conscience, and no ability. It is strictly the intent, competence, and character of its user that decide the outcome of any and all actions taken with it.

barrysuperhawk

Quote from: Ashes on April 21, 2010, 09:29:28 AM
Wow, that's a lot of riflemen! Must be something in the water at the target line!  ;)
How about sharing the secret of your success with the rest of us poor IITs?  **)

Hmm.. traditionally we soak a new Rifleman who just makes his/her 210.. Does pre-soaking encourage the growth of new Riflemen?  :o

**) **) **) **)

Actually, it was the targetline that was in the water... ;D  The trick was that nobody wanted to be ankle deep in the water looking at their targets so they shot better so they could just retrieve their targets and get back to the line..  and yes, they soaked a couple of 210'ers, including a teenage girl...
http://www.youtube.com/barrysuperhawk#p/u/82/J-yd9uFg-Ow

"Barry don't even know the meaning of light loads." -Jim Davidson

Maj. Robert Rogers

Mals and Revielle, thank you for the kind words.  I let her read them and she was very excited!  She's a Show Me State girl and is looking into starting that rifle club. Any info. anyone could give us would be a big help.  We think it may be difficult, due to it being located in an urban environment. 

Just gave her a new sling (from the Appleseed Store) and she immediately put it on her new rifle.  Thanks, George! Now, I'm down one AR!  Yes, she still wants to shoot the bolt .22, too.

mtclip

mt brass and I were at the shoot and he got a little wet because I happened to shoot the wrong target which made him get a exact 210.  ;D
When the going gets tough, the tough grab their rifles.

TreadCarefully

It was a great weekend guys, glad to see you all made it here.

I'll be at Alton next year, but I hope no one waits until then to make it to another 'seed. Find another one close and go. Tell your friends, and tell them to bring their kids.

See you all soon!

Spare the tar and feathers, spoil the politician.

"Pain is temporary. Quitting is forever." - Lance Armstrong

"Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc."

mtclip

Nice pic reveille by the way thats me.  8)
When the going gets tough, the tough grab their rifles.