News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Calverton, NY April 17 & 18, 2010

Started by West, April 17, 2010, 10:23:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VietVet

Let's not forget our Youth Shooters. They hung in there throughout the weekend. Never gave up.
West anytime you're in the area you are more than welcome to stay at my place. It was a pleasure having you. Next time we'll get rid of those cackling women. I'm sure we'll meet again on the Appleseed Trail.

OUR
FOREFATHERS WOULD BE SHOOTING BY NOW!

LAD62DER

KDan, West,

KDan, West, You guys ran a great program.  I couldn't imagine it being any better than it was.  West congrats on your RED HAT.  I still can't believe it but my Girlfriend hasn't stopped talking about it.  She is even showing people(simulated without a rifle of course) all the things she learned.  If her rifle didn't jam during the AQT I think she would have gotten her patch. Just more incentive to come back in June. I think I might just have to propose to her!! She puts up with all my other hobbies, this one she participates in!  WEST good luck in your new chapter of life, I hope it brings you the things you want. Make sure you come back to visit. VietVet, I'm here for you on LIF, lets make sure that June has another strong LIF showing! I never really knew what AppleSeed was all about till you made your push on LIF.  I'm very glad you did.  Hopefully I can be a part of this and get my Orange hat.  BravoJulietMike, we were glad to have you down at our end of the line.  We all felt safe! And had a blast!  I believe a RED HAT is in your Very Near Future!

gtoguy

Hey guys...just a note of thanks for running a great program. Big thanks to West, TJ,Kdan,Rich, Chris O,Bob O, Brad. Hope I did not forget anyone.
You guys were very helpful with my daughters in guiding them.
We will be back to earn our patches  O0 O0 O0
My little redheaded daughter had a blast. She wants to practice more before she comes back. Wife even had fun ^:)^

You guys ROCK !!!
regards
Ron

Machine Mac

West, nice red hat you got there. Looks like you guys had a great shoot and maybe I should head north for the next shoot.  I always get lost on LI because they have way too many parkways ??? Jersey only has one. Good luck heading west and I hope to see you on the trail.

bravo juliet mike

Thanks for all of the kind words. It was a great weekend and I'm looking forward to seeing you guys (and gals) at the next event.

gtoguy

Having trouble on the board posting....who moderates?

Another D.O.M.

"Dark & difficult times lie ahead.  Soon we must all face the choice between what is right, and what is easy."  Dumbledore

Deacon

Looks like you guys had a great shoot!

Congrats West on the REDHAT!!!!! 

Mr. KDan, with all due respect (and I really mean that), you can't keep West.  Period.  His new home will be in Indiana and so there.  You can't do anything about it.  I'm sorry things don't always work out the way you planned.  But to keep an Instructor like West wouldn't be fair to the rest of us!
Don't worry though,  I guess we could let you have him a few times a year!!!

Congrats on a fun and safe shoot!

Deacon

VietVet

West is now an adopted New Yorker. NY is where he was awarded his RED HAT. Now don't get me wrong I said awarded, not earned. He earned it before this NY Shoot but it was officially AWARDED to him in NY. So WEST you will always be a part of NY and NY will always be a part of you. Especially since I'm sure that brass burn on your neck will leave a scar that will always remind you of NY.

Oh WEST......I will never tell anyone but you, but up here in NY, those marks are known as "BRASS HICKIES".  ;D
                                    OUR
FOREFATHERS WOULD BE SHOOTING BY NOW!

crak

Oh Lord, this poor guy has to go back to Indiana now and forever fail scratch the itch for a decent pastrami on rye sandwich?

A cruel lot, you New Yorkers are.
Check your drama at the door.

vernic82

THAT may just be worse than being Tarred & Feathered!

Quote from: crak on April 23, 2010, 07:50:02 PM
Oh Lord, this poor guy has to go back to Indiana now and forever fail scratch the itch for a decent pastrami on rye sandwich?

"To be ignorant of what occurred before you were born is to remain always a child. For what is the worth of human life, unless it is woven into the life of our ancestors by the records of history?"
― Marcus Tullius Cicero

"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
~ Harlan Ellison

"Yeah well, that's just, ya know, like, your opinion, man."
- The Dude

dwarven1

Could be worse... he could be in Philadelphia. You ever try to get a decent pizza in Philly?
Unhappy it is ... to reflect that a brother's sword has been sheathed in a brother's breast, and that the once happy and peaceful plains of America are either to be drenched with blood or inhabited by slaves. Sad alternative! But can a virtuous man hesitate in his choice?

GEORGE WASHINGTON

crak

Took me 8 years to find a decent pizza here!
Check your drama at the door.

colycat

Quote from: Deacon on April 23, 2010, 07:10:33 PM
Looks like you guys had a great shoot!

Congrats West on the REDHAT!!!!! 

Mr. KDan, with all due respect (and I really mean that), you can't keep West.  Period.  His new home will be in Indiana and so there.  You can't do anything about it.  I'm sorry things don't always work out the way you planned.  But to keep an Instructor like West wouldn't be fair to the rest of us!
Don't worry though,  I guess we could let you have him a few times a year!!!

Congrats on a fun and safe shoot!

Deacon

And you guys out east think we are bumkins here in the midwest.  Just look, SC Deacon has claimed West and you cant do anything about it. HA.  K Dan is the man, I met him in CA of all places, back when he was orange hat, and I was a shooter.  We have gotten together twice since then.  Is Appleseed great or what?  K Dan you rock :---   Colycat
"These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives everything its value."   T Paine

West

Hey hey hey now, there's plenty of West to go around.  Haven't you seen my tactical shelf?  Trying to lose it, though, but I'm still a bean stalk.

As far as the pastrami, rye, spaghetti, pizza, etc... don't you guys remember I'm allergic to wheat?  So, really, I'll never have to worry about finding a decent pizza place...though the taste is important, I can't eat it anymore...  :'( :'( :'(

Thanks to all of you, the red hat is something I've wanted since I was told how I could get it.  I just went and had a new one made, though I will keep the one kDan gave me on my dash board - that white lining really tears at the eyes.

West  :))

dwarven1

Quote from: crak on April 24, 2010, 01:21:32 PM
Took me 8 years to find a decent pizza here!
I know. Believe me, I know. Pizza in MA generally sucks. Decent chains: Pizza Regina, Bertuccis & (believe it or not) Papa Gino's.

Quote from: West on April 25, 2010, 08:46:18 AMAs far as the pastrami, rye, spaghetti, pizza, etc... don't you guys remember I'm allergic to wheat?  So, really, I'll never have to worry about finding a decent pizza place...though the taste is important, I can't eat it anymore...  :'( :'( :'(

Oh, wow... man, that's terrible. Wheat gluten allergy? My sister's got that, too, along with lactose intolerance. She damn near cried in gratitude when I sent her a vegan, non-dairy, non-gluten recipe for chocolate brownies.
Unhappy it is ... to reflect that a brother's sword has been sheathed in a brother's breast, and that the once happy and peaceful plains of America are either to be drenched with blood or inhabited by slaves. Sad alternative! But can a virtuous man hesitate in his choice?

GEORGE WASHINGTON

ChrisO

Here's a video of our section of the firing line.

West

Volley for Liberty!

The way it should be done.  Great show all.

And thanks for the Brownie recipe, Dwarven1.

West :))

kDan

aaaahhh - stretching...   Back from MTV's Spring Break Beach House with a full report!  WOOOO!!  "Vampire Week-end Rocks!"

At least he'll be able to find Lender's Bagels in the frozen section at the Kruger's.  Just like the real thing.

Quote from: dwarven1 on April 24, 2010, 09:44:36 AM

Could be worse... he could be in Philadelphia. You ever try to get a decent pizza in Philly?

And cheese fries are freaking gross, yo.  That stuff is not cheese.

Quote from: colycat on April 25, 2010, 03:14:40 AM
And you guys out east think we are bumkins here in the midwest.  

Ha Ha, you wanna know the funniest thing about this post?  Me and Coly have hung out a couple times and I can hear the way he would say "bumpkins".  Deacon, you know what I'm talking about right?  O... wait...  teeheehee.

Quote from: Deacon on April 23, 2010, 07:10:33 PM

Mr. KDan, you can't keep West.  You can't do anything about it.  

Partially true, mostly false.  True - I can't do anything about it.  False - I'm still keeping him.  Or should I say NY is keeping him and it's not up to me.  As explained earlier, it's been decreed by the NYC banker/lawyer/alien-reptile-leader cartel.  "BZZOOW!"

Hey, Deac, say "Okay, there you go, eh" just once for us.  C'mon, do it man.  c'mon

Quote from: West on April 25, 2010, 08:46:18 AM

don't you guys remember I'm allergic to wheat?  

That means he's gassy.  I'm allergic to a lot of stuff I think.  

Quote from: Machine Mac on April 21, 2010, 06:28:20 PMI always get lost on LI because they have way too many parkways ??? Jersey only has one.

Only one?  What about all those county roads with the blue signs?  All with three numbers and starting with a 5!  You can't tell them apart!  And you can't turn around for like fifteen miles.  I never know where I am in NJ unless I'm waiting in line at one of the tunnels.  It is a beautiful state, but just try and get off one of the roads to see it - it's the most dangerous thing you will ever have to do in your life, I swear to Frank Sinatra.  Dooby dooby don't try to exit until Baltimore.  On second thought, don't exit at Baltimore.

Westie, I love the photo without the body.  It shows my spiritual side I think.  Like, who's got two thumbs and has reached enlightenment?    O0  "THIS GUY!"   O0   (without the thumbs though)  Guess I am a sorry bit o' goofy lookin' if that's what you're tryin' to say - a clever ruse to disguise the seriousness of my character.  

VietVet is at Calverton today talking to Harry about the schedule for the rest of the summer cuz kDan just too lazy, so stay tuned!  Thanks, Rich!  You da man!  Thank god the Illuminati has decided you can't leave the state either.  "BZZOOOW!"

"Hot dogs don't go bad"

-Scout

West