News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

~~~ New Philadelphia, OH: April 17-18, 2010 ~~~

Started by MeanStreaker, April 19, 2010, 12:04:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ishy

Quote from: MeanStreaker on April 23, 2010, 10:58:24 AM

For those that don't know, Paul made Rifleman........... with a lever action tube feed!

Wow!  Good for you, Paul!
"If My people, who are called by My name, will humble themselves and pray and seek My face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."  ~2 Chronicles 7:14

"The proof of desire is pursuit."  ~Kirk DeVinney

MeanStreaker

Welcome Del!  Glad to see you and Matthew on here.  Having your son at the New Phila Appleseed is why we all do it.

Hope to see you very soon!
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it.
--Thomas Paine

Used to ride a Kawasaki Mean Streak motorcycle.  I'm not an angry, naked runner.  :)

jeep45238

That really pulls at the heart strings, and is making it pretty hard to stop smiling.   ..:..

Thanks for sharing that Del, I hope to see you and your son in the future.

Mike
USAF A1C ~ Never settle for the ordinary.

Rights cease to exist when restrictions are put on them.

MeanStreaker

Del, I'll try to help Matthew learn marksmanship if he can help me out with my penmanship.  :)
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it.
--Thomas Paine

Used to ride a Kawasaki Mean Streak motorcycle.  I'm not an angry, naked runner.  :)

posterboy

The finest reward one could have............

Gordon

Yes, young Mr. Miller's letter makes you want to give the forum equivalent of a standing ovation! Thank you Del, and Matt; congratulations, Panama, for so acheiving what we all strive for!

Slarti

Jeep:  Matthew will be back in June with my lovely bride.  You may see me floating around the outskirts some riding herd on the other crumb crunchers.

MeanStreaker:  I'll send a pencil and some paper along so you can practice around the camp fire.  Let's see... writing stage 2... sit down, write 2 words, change pens...  ;)

Paul:  Congrats on getting Rifleman with the lever action!  BTW, Matthew wants your gun -- I'm surprised you didn't have to wipe any drool off of it.  That's all I've heard about for 2 weeks now!

It's not much, but I posted my pictures with comments/explanations to Facebook in the hopes of getting some of my friends interested.  Here's the link:

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=5113563&l=5acaf68cc0&id=601698551

Not that anyone would be terribly interested in any my pictures but if, for some odd reason, you are, please feel free to use them.
-- Slarti
OHR93

Ishy

Great pictures!  I can't wait to come to a New Philly shoot.   ;)
"If My people, who are called by My name, will humble themselves and pray and seek My face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."  ~2 Chronicles 7:14

"The proof of desire is pursuit."  ~Kirk DeVinney

moreoutdoor

Had a great time and learned a great set of fundamental skills that I'll use for a lifetime.  I'll fully admit that I went in thinking I was a pretty good shot and quickly ate a few slices of humble pie (I got quite torqued/frustrated at th e sudden realization of my lack of marksmanship.)  But I'm now the biggest advocate of dry-firing.  After just a few days a week of dry fire practice I was able to take it to the range and consistently drop shotgun shells at 50 yrds, prone with open sights. 

So thanks to all the instructors for the sage advice and to fellow shooters....ready...aim....Dry-fire!

Shout out to John (who lent me his set of 3 foam pads)....I didn't see you by the time I had to leave on Sunday...so instead of just leaving them to chance at the range, I took them home...if you're out there, drop me a line and I'll cut you a check to cover the pads...thanks man I owe you one (or 3 as the case is)....