News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Bottineau, ND April 17-18

Started by Alex, April 18, 2010, 12:20:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alex

North Dakota provided us with another great group of students. We had seventeen shooters on the line, and over sixty percent of them were younger than 18. A Scout Master who was at the Bottineau Appleseed last fall brought his scout troop to experience Appleseed. I think that they all enjoyed it, and I appreciate having the opportunity to impart our American Heritage to the next generation.

The morning started out a bit slow, and it was still quite chilly. After the first part of the First Strike it was on to the shooting. A bit slow going at first, but by lunch everyone had the routine down. During the First Strike was finished. We were back on the line and moving along very well. It was exciting to be involved with the great nationwide volley, and then to start shooting AQTs. The Second Strike came right after the first AQT. One more AQT for the day and the last Red Coat Target. There was vast improvement from the morning's Red Coat by everyone. Third Strike and Seventh Step rounded out the day. After a little range clean up people were on their way home by 6:00. Thanks to all of those who can't make it back tomorrow. You were a great group of people.

Big thanks to my three IITS. You will make awesome Red Hats soon.

More to come tomorrow.

Alex
Intellect is invisible to the man who has none.
Arthur Schopenhauer

Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it.
Thomas Paine

Alex

Most of our group was only signed up for Saturday, so a low turnout was expected. I was still a little surprised that we only had one shooter for day two. I guess it is a good thing we got a lot accomplished on Saturday. Even though there was a small turnout on Sunday ,which lots of time for Instructors to shoot, it was still another great North Dakota Appleseed. Thanks to the Bartlett family for letting us use their land again, and for the wonderful hospitality. Again ChrisS, NDRifleman, and Banjoman were awesome IITs. Now it is time for me to hit the road. Only another 800 miles until I am home.

Alex
Intellect is invisible to the man who has none.
Arthur Schopenhauer

Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it.
Thomas Paine

ndrifleman

I thought everything went very well, and it was great to be able to help teach some of the younger scouts in particular.  Alex kept everything moving, and as an IIT it was helpful to hear him tell the history again. The story of April 19, 1775 is inspiring every time it is told!

The instructors were able to shoot quite a bit themselves on Sunday, and it was nice to confirm that our shooting skills were up to par.
"Let the high praises of God be in their mouth, and a two edged sword in their hand. " Psalm 149:6

"The glorious inheritance which our fathers left us we must never betray.We must seize the torch from their hands, and transmit it with increasing brightness to distant generations." James Thornwell