News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR: New Philadelphia, OH - 4/17-18, 2010

Started by jeep45238, April 19, 2010, 02:41:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jeep45238

This was the first A.S. that I attended as an IIT (instructor in training).  Wow - amazing experience, and I can't wait for the next one.

We had approximately 35 students show up - pretty much EVERYBODY was eager to learn, and participate, in the AppleSeed experience.  To find out what that experience is, well, you'll just have to join us on the firing line  :)

We had about 4 young boys, a few women of various ages, and the balance made of young men.  Rifles on the line varied from 10/22's, tube fed Marlin's (semi auto and lever action), scoped rifles, iron sights, tanker .308 M1 Garands, AR15's, .22 AR's, etc. - a large variety, though most shot .22LR for a large portion of the day.

As I said, this was my first time wearing the orange hat at an event.  Our days started at 7:15 both days, and wrapped up around 6PM both days - later for more detailed clean up and take down on Sunday, and later than that on Saturday around the campfire.  I arrived in Cincinnati at 15 minutes till midnight, after stopping along the way for some dinner.  The event was amazing - the smiles on people's faces, and determination after a personal standard that they set for themselves was truly inspiring - especially when ALL of our first day shooters showed back up for a second day  :D

The facilities were amazing - the club was incredibly gracious - and the students - wow.  It's late, so my mind isn't quite working properly right now - but what else can be said about them?  I mean, c'mon - look at 'em!

Preparing for our nationwide volley in honor of those who lost their lives on April 19 1775

Part of our firing line

Finishing up registration

Getting to know each other

Safety rules and expectations

Continuation of the above

Some of the first rifle marksmanship lessons given

Prone steady hold factors

Huddle up!

Vincant, Brett, TubeSniper, and Dan working on the sitting position

The rest of our firing line

One of Meanstreaker's excellent lessons on history

Two new Rifleman  :D

More Rifleman (and Riflewoman) - with capitol R's!

Two of our newest additions to the all-volunteer staff for A.S.
USAF A1C ~ Never settle for the ordinary.

Rights cease to exist when restrictions are put on them.