News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Splash over.

Started by mikaldulee, April 08, 2010, 06:52:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikaldulee

I wanted to take a brief moment to thank everyone for the time, consideration and kindness.  I don't know all the names of the folks who helped me find my path back but I do appreciate it.  I do know it was a lot of work. 

I will "Keep on Walkin'" with you and endeavor to be worthy of that effort.  As I said to a few folks...This is the closest I have felt to belonging to a platoon again.  I have missed that since I left the service..a sense of purpose.  I don't think I will be on the forum much, but I will be at the shoots.

See you on the line.

SkyHawk

Glad you came back!  Like any family there are times it can seem disfunctional but our goals are noble and the mission is clear.  Everyone I've met in AS are great people to be around so don't let the forum get you down.  It can be a great source of information but at times emotions can run high.  Really great to see you back and hope to run into you on the trail.   
"An elective despotism was not the government we fought for"  Thomas Jefferson

sgtrock

Quote from: mikaldulee on April 08, 2010, 06:52:08 AM
I wanted to take a brief moment to thank everyone for the time, consideration and kindness.  I don't know all the names of the folks who helped me find my path back but I do appreciate it.  I do know it was a lot of work.  

I will "Keep on Walkin'" with you and endeavor to be worthy of that effort.  As I said to a few folks...

QuoteThis is the closest I have felt to belonging to a platoon again.  I have missed that since I left the service..a sense of purpose.

I know exactly how you feel, this is, In my opinion, the One organization I believe that is doing the most good for the country, we just have to deal with a new set of rules, change can be tough, I am sure you will adapt and overcome with any and all obstacles, Welcome back, stay focused, drive on,       sgtrock

See you on the line.

Greg in MO

Welcome back Mike.  See you next week!

Greg

Fred

Mike, you come back a bigger and better person.  :bow:

Glad to have you back! O0 ..:..

Hope to meet you someday on some remote Appleseed firing line... :)
"Ready to eat dirt and sweat bore solvent?" - Ask me how to become an RWVA volunteer!

"...but he that stands it now, deserves the thanks of man and woman alike..."   Paine

"If you can read this without a silly British accent, thank a Revolutionary War veteran" - Anon.

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again" - Thomas Paine

What about it, do-nothings? You heard the man, jump on in...

Ratchett

Mike,

Meet you last year in Osage Beach and I am truly glad to see you back! My heart just got a little lighter. Thanks for helping bail, it is a rough job mentally and sometimes physically, pushing on, we will persevere!!!

In His Grip,
Ratchett
Remember only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you: JESUS CHRIST and the AMERICAN ARMED FORCES.
One died for your soul, the other for your freedom-Unk

"The propitious smiles of Heaven can never be expected on a nation that disregards the eternal rules of order and right which Heaven itself has ordained."---Geo Washington, 1789

Those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles.---Isaiah 40:31

A wrathful man stirs up strife,
But he who is slow to anger allays contention.---Prov15:18

"Wisdom is higher than a fool can reach." --P. Wheatley

SamD

He never left
He was just resting so'd he could make miles on the trail  O0

ErikAnderson

Quote from: SamD on April 08, 2010, 01:39:14 PM
He never left He was just resting so'd he could make miles on the trail  O0

Well said, Sam. Very well said. O0

siglite

Platoon?  Who were you with, and when?
--

Keith Morgan
President, West Virginia Citizen's Defense League
http://www.wvcdl.org
http://forums.wvcdl.org
Proud member of West Virginia's first "All Rifleman" family.

ben1775

We're glad to have you among us my Brother.  :)

I don't think I will be on the forum much, but I will be at the shoots.
I hope we can all do our best to make the forum a little more inviting for you and everyone else.

http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=1660.0

Ben

mikaldulee

Quote from: siglite on April 08, 2010, 02:42:51 PM
Platoon?  Who were you with, and when?

I was a Cavalry Scout then Military Police after I was wounded.  U.S Army form 1986-1995.  Served in HHC 2/41 Inf, 2AD; HHC 2/66, 2AD fwd; HHC 1/18 Inf 197 Inf BDE.

mikaldulee

Quote from: ben1775 on April 08, 2010, 04:34:00 PM
We're glad to have you among us my Brother.  :)

I don't think I will be on the forum much, but I will be at the shoots.
I hope we can all do our best to make the forum a little more inviting for you and everyone else.

http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=1660.0

Ben

Thanks Ben.  I try to make sure I read what the Guy posts.  I ain't much on poetry though...limericks and cadence mostly... ;)

Thanks everyone.

Old Dog

Sometimes what you hear (it may not exactly be what was meant but its hard to tell just by reading what someone typed) upsets you to the point where you need to back up and rethink things.  Take a break, talk to some folks, decide in your own mind if what you're trying to accomplish is worth whatever aggravation you felt when reading the post and then come on back....because you know what you're doing as an RWVA instructor/support team member is worth putting up with some aggravation, whether the cause is real or imagined.

Think about the buddies you had in the Army and how you talked to each other.  Could a stranger on the street say those things to you and get away with it...NOPE!!  Why did you buddies get away with it (and you with them)?  Because of what you'd done together side by side and you knew what they really meant, no matter how they said it.  Just keep it in mind here, too. 

Glad you're back.
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

—Jeff Cooper, The Art of the Rifle

Jungle George

Glad your still with us Mike, we have a far greater mission now than we have had in the past.

JG
"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel.  Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined."  Patrick Henry ,1778

LayloPro

OD,
Spot on, sir!! Seen that a time or two where the typed word just "does not get it"......nothing we can do any different, except maybe call each other on the phone, and then we'd -still- be lacking the body English we use when either kidding, or serious...... #)
No win there, just do, as the other posters have said, slog on regardless.....
it's what we do.....
so far in the few years I've been here, I have yet to see one AS'r deliberately flame another......for a couple of different reasons.....
Mike, glad to see you're still with us...it makes a diff, friend.

LLP
"The truth only hurts if you're guilty." 

"Fast / cheap / good....you only get 2....Your choice."

"Amateurs talk hardware. Professionals talk software. It doesn't matter what's in your hand or between your legs. It matters what's in your heart and in your mind." Lt Col. Dave Grossman.

Gordon

Quote from: sgtrock on April 08, 2010, 07:51:48 AM

... This is, In my opinion, the One organization I believe that is doing the most good for the country ...

Yes.

schwert

MamaBear

I know I already welcomed you back in person at Osage a few weeks ago, but I wanted to let you know how happy I am that you are back with our little MO cadre.  We are a pretty tight group and we definitely would have noticed your absence.  You are among the nicest, most patient, people I've ever had the pleasure of meeting and I want to thank you again for your help with Ellie on the line  :)  Trying to teach our 6 year old daughter how to shoot is definitely a job for another instructor!  **)  And you did an amazing job with her!

WELCOME BACK, MIKE!!!

MB
"I would like to see every woman know how to handle firearms as naturally as they know how to handle babies."-Annie Oakley

'"A girl with a husband can be limited in what she can do. A girl with a rifle ain't got that problem." Calamity Jane

mikaldulee

Quote from: MamaBear on June 03, 2010, 05:55:59 PM
I know I already welcomed you back in person at Osage a few weeks ago, but I wanted to let you know how happy I am that you are back with our little MO cadre.  We are a pretty tight group and we definitely would have noticed your absence.  You are among the nicest, most patient, people I've ever had the pleasure of meeting and I want to thank you again for your help with Ellie on the line  :)  Trying to teach our 6 year old daughter how to shoot is definitely a job for another instructor!  **)  And you did an amazing job with her!

WELCOME BACK, MIKE!!!

MB

Ellie did fine...She was just tired.  Your gonna get me all misty eyed and stuff.  I am honored and proud to work with you folks.  We have a great bunch.  I'm gonna earn my red hat this year... Orange clashes with my camo...