News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Is anyone planning to camp at College Station Apr17-18?

Started by CaptG, March 31, 2010, 11:57:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CaptG

Steve has a really nice campground area by the lake. Is anyone else thinking about staying all weekend?
Guy
"If you will not fight for the right when you can easily win without bloodshed; if you will not fight when your victory will be sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a small chance of survival. There may even be a worse case: you may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves."
Winston Churchill

POP

Guy,
"nice" campground?  They just don't get much better than that.  O0
Scenic, quiet, fishing, what else could you want?  And, for you techies he has two towers for remote access to his "wifi."  Now you can take photos Saturday and upload them to the College Station AAR Saturday night.  Cool, huh?
Mrs. POP and I, Respiratory PUP, and Scout camped out at the inaugural event there in March 09.  R PUP really enjoyed the swimming.   ^:)^
Steve really goes the extra mile to make life on the range a good experience.
POP

3 of 6
7 of 6
Davilla RBC 11-08, 2-09, 11-09, 11-10
Davilla IBC 4-10
Eureka KS RBC 7-10, 5-11
Osage Beach RBC 10-10
WSMR 03-10 ... Sapper Steel
Waterman 300 9/11/10

I can explain it to you but, I cannot understand it for you.

I'll keep my faith, my family, my church, my liberty, my property, my money...oh, and my guns. You can keep the CHAINS. (Triskele)

CaptG

"If you will not fight for the right when you can easily win without bloodshed; if you will not fight when your victory will be sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a small chance of survival. There may even be a worse case: you may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves."
Winston Churchill

CaptG

I'm planning to stay Sat night. If anyone else is, let me know & maybe we can plan on cooking some burgers or something
Guy
Winston Churchill

Texas Minuteman

My children & I were planning to stay in a tent Friday & Saturday night. 

Is it ok to come by Friday afternoon & set up the tent ?

I don't think I'm 'together' enough on my camping / grilling to do that, unless you have plan that makes it simple.

Can anyone say how far from the site 'Cawthorn Cartridge Club' to the nearest fast food & supermarket ?

Thanks for you all your help,

Texas Minuteman / David
Be without fear in the face of your enemies.
Be brave & upright, that God may love thee.
Safeguard the helpless.
Always speak the Truth, even if it leads to your death...

- The Knights Creed

Aromatic

Food is about 20 min away.  Check out the Hullabaloo Diner if you are looking for a place to eat dinner.  I would make sure to pack a lunch though, we do "working lunches" at AS.

Texas Minuteman

Quote from: Aromatic on April 14, 2010, 07:01:03 PM
Food is about 20 min away.  Check out the Hullabaloo Diner if you are looking for a place to eat dinner.  I would make sure to pack a lunch though, we do "working lunches" at AS.

Thanks for the idea & info. 

On the range, are there KD steel targets at the various distances ?

I thought that someone had posted pictures somewhere of this range.........

TM
Safeguard the helpless.

- The Knights Creed

Aromatic

I think you might be recalling the Davilla range. 

The College Station range does go out to 1000 yards though.  It depends on the land owner, Shoot Boss, and if there are enough instructors if we will use it.

See you this weekend.

CaptG

Tx Minuteman,
How many kids do you have to feed? We can always have a campfire & let em cook weenies. I've got a camper with kitchen for suppport.
Guy
Winston Churchill

Texas Minuteman

Quote from: CaptG on April 15, 2010, 12:40:05 AM
Tx Minuteman,
How many kids do you have to feed? We can always have a campfire & let em cook weenies. I've got a camper with kitchen for suppport.
Guy

Thanks Guy, that's a very generous offer.  Perhaps we can make something happen.  We'll have our two oldest ones, 16 & 14 with me.

See you there !!

TM
Safeguard the helpless.

- The Knights Creed

pyrewyrm

Hey Guy!

Andrew here. Wondering where I could find the pics from the weekend.

Had a good time.. already starting practice for my next go round.

Laters,

A & A

matefrio

For pictures look under Appleseed Schedule -> After Action Reports and then find the College Station thread.  Or try this link: http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=13241.0