News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

College Station, TX 4/17/2010-4/18/2010

Started by Aromatic, April 19, 2010, 07:47:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aromatic

I will get the AAR started for the SB, SleepyJoe.

Another great April 19th shoot in College Station.  Texas is blessed with two very generous landowners.  Steve and Scout are always making improvements to their DAR ranges.  Since the last shoot at Steve's he has made a new 25m line and built a bathroom with running water.  Thank you for everything Steve.  Almost every shooter commented on how nice the range was and asked about the next shoot .....

We could not have asked for nicer weather on Saturday, Steve even planted Blue Bonnets around the range to enhance the beauty of this glorious day.

Sunday was also great weather for AS.  We got several inches of rain during the night and early morning so we had a little mud for Sunday.  It drizzled on an off during the day.  Almost all of the shooters came back, despite the forecast.  No summer soldiers or sunshine patriots were present this weekend.

By the end of the day, people were loosing footwear to the mud....

Rifle systems and shooters we put to the test this weekend.  I think AS should charge extra for the added privilege of shooting in the mud/rain.  Where else can you get the opportunity to do this?

The most inspiring part of the weekend was the large number of young men and women who all knew very much what they were about.  They stuck it out the entire weekend with one young man shooting several rifleman scores and his sister knocking on the door.  Chris brought his three sons and they stuck it out for the entire weekend while making significant improvement on their marksmanship skills.  It was truly a privilege to shake the hand of the young men and women at this event. 

For everyone who attended; this will be a weekend I will never forget.  Thank you.

30+ shooters both days with 3 rifleman.

It is that time of year

Started out sunny

Nationwide volley

Did this happen last year.........

Embrace the mud

A family that shoots together (before)

Stays together (after)

CaptG

First, a huge thank you to Steve for allowing us the use of his land and the continuing improvements he has made available to us. Real bathrooms and a first class camping area by the lake! Altogether, 8 of us used the campsite, more should.

Second, thanks to Sleepy Joe, Aromatic and Elanor of AQT for helping me in my 2nd outing as IIT.

And a huge thanks to all the attendees who came out to share our enthusiasm in our cause. The weekend became a challenge and a test of perseverence due to the mud. By mid afternoon Sunday, even the staple guns were experiencing FTF's. It was a pleasure to work with everyone there.

I apologize in advance for forgetting or ommiting names, but here goes. Connor repeated his previous Rifleman performance at least 3 times with one in the upper 230's, his sister was in the hunt. Tom scored a 210, but was spared the trip to the lake as he was already covered in mud. Several others made it into the 200's before mud/equipment issues took their toll. Several others were hung up in the 170's - 190's. Michelle, hang in there, you'll get it, Alvin and Monica, same. Front Sight, Front Sight, Front Sight.

The special activities on Saturday were especialy moving. The simultaneous Redcoat volley fire was very well received, and the reading of the cards by the attendees was enough to choke me up a little.

Maybe rubber boots need to be added to the list of what to bring.

I an honored to have been able to participate in this nationwide effort, and by the kinship I feel with every one of you out there across the country.

Guy
"If you will not fight for the right when you can easily win without bloodshed; if you will not fight when your victory will be sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a small chance of survival. There may even be a worse case: you may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves."
Winston Churchill

spitstickler

Congratulations to the new Texas Riflemen! The photos really tell the story of the persistence you all displayed for the weekend. Big kudos to those who stuck it out. I love the thumbs up in the "after" pic and the smiles on everyone's faces.  O0   ...and the barefoot pic = awesome!
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work."  -Thomas Edison

Eleanor of AQT

Wow!  It sounds like I missed a whole lot of fun on Sunday.  Nothing like slogging through the mud.  So sorry that I wasn't able to come out the second day. 

I was very impressed at everyone's attention, focus and determination.  Having everyone take part in the history by reading the cards was phenomenal.  Everyone did it with enthusiasm and really enjoyed learning more about our history.  What a fantastic idea!  The volley of fire with the reading of names was very touching and brought home what we are doing and why. 

I saw some great shooting on Saturday and see a lot of potential in all who came.  From the first red coat to the last, there was a marked change and everyone improved. 

Sleepy Joe, Aromatic and CaptG...see you on the trail and hopefully soon.  It was a pleasure. 

Eleanor of AQT
Davilla 1108

POP

WOW! I am truly sorry I missed this one.  **)
March 09 was the first shoot here.  Wonderful weather, dry, Eleanor, Sim, Scout, POP, Stimey and his Dad, and, I forget who all else was there instructing.  Just a great event.

Sounds like Aromatic, Sleepy Joe, Eleanor, Capt. G, all did a terrific job.  And, when you factor in the weather related fun, and post those photos I'd say shooters and instructors alike have earned their way into the Rifleman's  "Adapt, Overcome, and Persevere" Society.  Just look at those photos - a Sock Hop at Mudfest 2010.    :~ :~ :~^:)^

Good Job to all of you.   O0

But, I sure am sorry I missed this one.  **)
POP
3 of 6
7 of 6
Davilla RBC 11-08, 2-09, 11-09, 11-10
Davilla IBC 4-10
Eureka KS RBC 7-10, 5-11
Osage Beach RBC 10-10
WSMR 03-10 ... Sapper Steel
Waterman 300 9/11/10

I can explain it to you but, I cannot understand it for you.

I'll keep my faith, my family, my church, my liberty, my property, my money...oh, and my guns. You can keep the CHAINS. (Triskele)

BDG

Looks great! Maybe later this year I'll finally get around to running on over to this range... Looking forward to it! Congrats to the riflemen and Steve for all the work he has put in to making this happen on his range.
Davilla Eleven-Oh-Eight!!

Texas Minuteman

Hello y'all:

Thanks to all of you who conducted the clinic this weekend - what a challenge !

Specifically, to CaptG, Eleanor, Aromatic & SleepyJoe, for your great job instructing & teaching the 3 Strikes of the Match for April 19, 1775.

It was sooo encouraging to hear the history of our Colonial Forefathers spoken out loud & reflected upon. 

This is all too rare today - and needs be more common if we are to win the battle for our nations soul. 

As Patrick Henry himself stated, "...I know of no way of judging the future, but by the past...."

As a family, we plan to read aloud the chart you passed out to us 'Bloody Butchery of the British Troops or Runaway Flight of the Regulars', for an evening history lesson.

Our children said thanks as well, for the Historical shooting opportunity !

Connor was pleased to shoot Rifleman once more.  I advised him next time to do it with a bolt action, or iron sites, for more of a challenge. 

His sister also was happy to improve, from around 120 to 190 by late Sunday.  I think she had expected to shoot Rifleman the first time 'round !

That's what the next shoot is for......right ?

God bless all you Patriots,

Texas Minuteman   ^:)^   

Be without fear in the face of your enemies.
Be brave & upright, that God may love thee.
Safeguard the helpless.
Always speak the Truth, even if it leads to your death...

- The Knights Creed

sleepy Joe

Thank you Aromatic for starting this post for me. It was an adventure slopping thru the mud on Sunday. I was moved during the volley fire on Saturday. Thanks all you instructors for running a safe shoot. We had no major safety violations and it was a successful event. Thanks to all the attendees for sticking it out. I will post some photos that James took.
By the numbers

Sir Not Appearing In This Film

Man, the range modifications look great! Running water? Bluebonnets? The mud? OK, not so much the mud.

I admire our shooters who persist in conditions like that. Glad to see a few familiar shooters on the line.

God Bless Texas!

ETA - Glad to see the SE Texas AS crew slogging it out. Eleanor of AQT as well. Hope to see you and Sim sometime soon.

Ladyseed Man Slave

"In any moment of decision, the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing." - Theodore Roosevelt

Attitudes are contagious. I hope mine is worth catching.

matefrio

I had a great time.  Thanks to all the instructors.  Here is a pic from the last AQT.  Yes, there was mud.

TNVolunteer

Thanks to Steve for letting us use the place and all the intructors for a good weekend.  Sleepy Joe, this was my second AS with you as Shoot Boss so just want to say keep up the good work.  Same goes to Eleanor of AQT, Aromatic, and Capt G.  Thanks for the instruction and help.  Although I didn't make my goal of achieving Rifleman status, I did do much better than I ever had before.  I will be back....

TNVolunteer

sleepy Joe

Thanks for persisting. It seems the events keep getting better and better.
By the numbers

sleepy Joe

some more photos
By the numbers

sleepy Joe

here a few more photos .. CaptG move up to the next level IIT .. congrats Guy.
By the numbers

sleepy Joe

some more
By the numbers

sleepy Joe

more pictures
By the numbers

sleepy Joe

here are more photos
By the numbers

sleepy Joe

I can only put a few on here at a time
By the numbers

sleepy Joe

again
By the numbers

sleepy Joe

Who wants ice cream?
By the numbers

sleepy Joe

By the numbers

sleepy Joe

By the numbers

sleepy Joe

By the numbers

Mogget

Heh!  Strong contender for the best portrayal of the worst conditions right here!

And thanks for the pix,

Mogs

sleepy Joe

more viewing pleasure
By the numbers

sleepy Joe

By the numbers

sleepy Joe

By the numbers

opti12206

I had tons of fun.  Thanks to all the instructors and to everyone who posted pics.  I appreciate it and can't wait to shoot with y'all again.

pyrewyrm