News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Thank You Aromatic!

Started by alonso1, March 27, 2010, 12:54:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alonso1

If you have not heard by now, Davilla has a 20 inch steel plate hanging at the Actual Distance range.

We have this because Aromatic bought it for the range.  Now I don't know how much it cost him, but I know those plates ain't free and they ain't cheap!

I helped him hang the plate on Sunday, the first day of the Davilla 3-10 Boot Camp.  He also lead the way on measuring and marking the range out to 700 yards.  Had he not done this, there would have been no way we could have shot 4 actual distance AQT's during the BC.

So if you ever use the AD range at Davilla, enjoy the steel (please no AP rounds) and be sure to give Aromatic a pat on the back. 

Atta boy Aromatic O0

Banana Man

Thanks Aromatic! We thoroughly enjoyed the KD and the steel.
"If guns kill people, do pencils misspell words?"
-Unknown

"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them."
- Thomas Jefferson

Aromatic

Thank you for all of your help alonso1. 

The real thanks should go to Scout for providing the range and all of the dirt work (along with everything else he does).  Texan ASers are very fortunate to have such a range available to them.

I am glad you were able get in a lot of KD during the RBC, the pictures in the AAR made it look like perfect weather :~

Steel core and varmint rounds will also damage the plate so please limit their use.

doubleLL

A HUGE thanks Aromatic for the steel plate. I loved shooting at the plate with the Garand during the boot camp, nothing beats hearing the *ping* sound when you hit your target.  O0
"Le mieux est l'ennemi du bien."
Davilla 3-10

starfox

Yeah, thanks Aromatic.  Nothing better than audio proof that your wife out shoots you on a regular basis. 

*BANG*.....*DING!*
*BANG*.....*DING!*
*BANG*.....*DING!*

Yeah, not so good on the old male ego.   ;)

Seriously though, thanks so much for the effort and expenditure.  Gives a great teaching opportunity for the 4 MOA we teach. 

See ya on the trail!!!
"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women,
when it dies there, no constitution, no law,
no court can save it." - Judge Learned Hand

"Never compromise. Not even in the face of Armageddon . . ." - Rorschach, The Watchmen.

Davilla 3-10

RainmanJS

Much thanks for the steel plate.  I didn't get to spend the whole day at the KD range, but it was made up for by getting the instant feedback at the end of the day when I got there.  I love steel.

RainmanJS
No man should bring children into the world who is unwilling to persevere to the end in their nature and education.  -Plato

sleepy Joe

By the numbers