News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Texas Newsletter Message

Started by Scout, March 25, 2010, 11:22:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scout

Hello Fellow Texans!
The Appleseed Project is alive and well in Texas and we are growing at a fast pace. We just finished an eight day Rifleman's Boot Camp in Davilla and proudly added several more new instructors to the roster  We have added a new event location in Fredericksberg Texas that will be having their first event on the April 17-18 weekend. So with the April 19th events fast approaching I would like to remmind you all of some of the things we need to make sure we are paying attention to. We have two events that need Shoot Bosses in Texas. One in Midland and one in Corpus Christie. SBs please take a look at your schedules and lets get these two events covered ASAP.

For all of the folks who are planning on attending an April 17-18 weekend event, please make sure you have preregistered for the event so we can make sure we have enough instructors scheduled for each event. This is the signature weekend for Appleseed. The weekend we pull out all the stops and do our best to fill our firing lines in honor of all the men and women who stood together on Lexington Green, The North Bridge in Concord and along Battle Road back to Boston on April 19th, 1775.

Please insure you are doing all you can to get the word out about these events. Promotions is a job everyone has a responsibility to help with, from telling family members about the events and inviting them to making sure you bring a friend (or ten) with you when you come to the events in April. Make sure you are downloading the fliers for the events and passing them out, posting the info on forums you are a member of, calling in to local talk shows to let folks know about the upcoming events, and getting the info to local newspapers and community calendars.

If there is anything I can do to help any of the instructors or any of the folks who are planning on attending, please let me know. If anyone needs help in getting the info listed on community calendars or getting copy for newspapers or just would like to know more about how to promote Appleseed, please contact me, or contact Spitstickler on the forum. All are welcome to email me at rangescout@hughes.net and to call me at 254-527-3500 home, 254-217-1325 cell. I am very excited about the upcoming events as I am sure all of you are also. We want to do our very best to insure these events are a success for Texas, and for the Nation.

We have a debt we owe to those who came before us, a debt we have to figure out a way to repay, and we have an obligation to those who will come after us. This sounds like a huge venture and it is, but there is a way to satisfy these obligations. By making sure you are doing all you can to help push the program and continue to awaken the sleeping Americans across the Nation by getting them to attend an Appleseed event and hearing The Story. The story of April 19th, 1775, and the story of how they have a sacred obligation to safeguard the freedoms and liberties left entrusted to us by the Founders.   

May God watch over us and guide our hands in this endeavor, as our cause is just

Scout     
BattleRoadUSA.com

"Who wants Ice Cream?" Fred

Sixty seconds is way too long for a minute, I am cutting it down to thirty seven seconds- SoM

"You can shout it, you can preach it, but no matter how many times you repeat it, NEVER believe your own bullSh*t." (as told to me by Grin Reaper)