News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Texas State Rifle Association members and every other Texas rifleman

Started by bigiceman, October 01, 2008, 10:13:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigiceman

The TSRA has a lot of benefits they can provide Project Appleseed. If you are not a member become one. These folks provide us with much needed representation before our state legislature that we can assist with as individuals, but cannot equal. I have been a member of TSRA, but have not been active in any of their functions, or even attempted to find out which of the people I regularly shoot with are members or active. Time to find out.

Who among the Texas Appleseeders is a member of the TSRA?

If you are a member, are you active in any of their functions?
If you are a member, do you know any of the officers?

WestTx has shown us that the key to getting ourselves acknowledged by this organization is just like the key to getting ranges to acknowledge us, personal relationships. We have to join, we have to participate, and we have to talk to them about Appleseed, while allowing them to see us walking the talk of Appleseed. In one month WestTx devloped enough of a relationship with his regional director to not only get the TSRA to list our event on their website, but to give the project money. That is right, they not only recognized our organization officially with publicity, they gave us cash. Why did they do this? They did it because one person made a relationship with an officer of the TSRA in his area and allowed them to recognize how great Project Appleseed is, and how the members of the TSRA would benefit from participating. The great part is you may already know the person you need to talk to. It may involve no extra effort.

I should have been participating in the TSRA more. Now that I am awake, I will. You should too, they do a lot for Texas gun owners. Now that I have been awakened I will participate more for both the Appleseed Project and as a Texas gun owner.
The road to Hell is paved with good intentions. - unknown
The road to tyranny is paved with apathy - Me

Revolutionary War Veterans Association Shooter.  Classification: Cook 

WE ARE FREE BECAUSE OF THE BRAVE

Counselor

TSRA member for many years.

Gave my son a Life Membership a couple of Christmases ago.

Counselor Kittles

WestTx

I am thrilled to be a Life Member and active in this Western Region.
Rifleman. That says it all.

Grunt Medic

Also a TSRA Life Member here, though not active in that organization.  Looks like THAT needs to change!  First Appleseed coming up in Davilla - see you Lone Star Staters there!

gooch

Just found this.

I am a member but have not attended any of their events nor do I know any of the officers.
I would be a life member IF I could .... $   *sigh*
"All it takes for tyranny to prosper is for good men to do nothing."  Gooches Version

"To win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the highest skill.
To subdue the enemy without fighting is the highest skill."
SUN-TZU

alonso1

I've been a life member for many years.

I have not been active with them, I do the usual stuff.  I send them money and mail my rep's the post cards they give me.

This will make a good campfire conversation in Davilla.

scuzzy

Hey gooch,
Was that you posting today over at the Oath Keepers (http://oath-keepers.blogspot.com/2009/03/oath-keepers-will-muster-on-lexington.html) as CaptGooch? That's gotta be you. Say hi to Pop for me at yalls shoot.
An Armed Society is a polite society. Heinlein.

CaptG

Life Member here. I know Dallas Stroudemire well enough to say hi to (from my CMSA activities) but not big buddies or anything.
Guy
"If you will not fight for the right when you can easily win without bloodshed; if you will not fight when your victory will be sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a small chance of survival. There may even be a worse case: you may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves."
Winston Churchill

gooch

Quote from: scuzzy on April 02, 2009, 01:23:12 PM
Hey gooch,
Was that you posting today over at the Oath Keepers (http://oath-keepers.blogspot.com/2009/03/oath-keepers-will-muster-on-lexington.html) as CaptGooch? That's gotta be you. Say hi to Pop for me at yalls shoot.

Yep twas I.

Oath Keeper since '66 [Navy]

-------------
Other accolades [which do NOT reduce the price of coffee by the cup or by the pound ... dagnabit. ]
In chronological order;
Eagle Scout Award 1963
USN '66 to '69  E-3 BT on DDG 23
Became a Father in 1974 and again in 1975 [she and he]
USMM Captain License issued BY USCG 1982
American Legion Life member
GOA member
RWVA member
Appleseed IBC Davilla 11-08
TSRA member
-------------
More than anyone ever wanted to know about the Davilla/November '08 "fire guy".
They said they wanted "Hot" showers so-o-o I stoked it up .... Right JB ?
Crusty, curmudgeon, tenacious [if not terrifically talented]  gooch
^-^

edit to add TSRA what else ? I told you I was not terrifically talented ....
"All it takes for tyranny to prosper is for good men to do nothing."  Gooches Version

"To win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the highest skill.
To subdue the enemy without fighting is the highest skill."
SUN-TZU

POP

scuzzy,
Mrs. POP and I made it back to CC late last night.
Thanks for the hospitality.  You and Mrs. Scuz are invited to some CC hospitality anytime you want.

Yes, that was Gooch on Oath Keepers.  I see he beat me to the POST.  Howdy Gooch.

bigiceman: 
regular membership in NRA, TSRA
don't know any of the officers.  but, i do know some life members of NRA who pull their own plus in the organization.  One in particular will be here in CC at the April 19 event.  He really likes what he sees in AS and has talked with Scout on AS Radio.   O0

POP
3 of 6
7 of 6
Davilla RBC 11-08, 2-09, 11-09, 11-10
Davilla IBC 4-10
Eureka KS RBC 7-10, 5-11
Osage Beach RBC 10-10
WSMR 03-10 ... Sapper Steel
Waterman 300 9/11/10

I can explain it to you but, I cannot understand it for you.

I'll keep my faith, my family, my church, my liberty, my property, my money...oh, and my guns. You can keep the CHAINS. (Triskele)

Texas Rifleman

...when the student is ready, the teacher will appear.
Davilla - 5/09

Grunt Medic

Recently updated my NRA membership to Life, as well.  Looks like the GOA is going to be the next .org to get a significant chunk of money from me.  I believe in investing some money in what I believe in.

vic303

TSRA family membership here, annual & Jr. NRA members for the family too, prior GOA members....

didactic

I recently rejoined  :) :) :) after a lapse. :-[

Alice Tripp, the TSRA lead lobbiest, is a long-time friend and almost neighbor of mine.  First-rate, really sharp lady.

I saw her last when she spoke at the TCHA (Texas Concealed Handgun Association) annual meeting, this March in Kerrville.

Shameless plug - that's another good outfit.
"If not us, who?  If not now, when?"  Ronald W. Reagan

lookylou

fuzzysnout

I'm a Life member, but not very active. What's a good first step to get more involved?