News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

GA Rifleman.

Started by Appalacious, March 16, 2010, 07:38:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fabricator

Shot 220 this past weekend (10-6/7) at the fine Twin Oaks Dublin range; Dr John was shoot boss.   The rifle was a 10-22 with Tech-sights.  Thanks again to all the instructors and participants!  I look forward to doing more than just shooting at these events!

Fabricator
�The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles.�
- Jeff Cooper, Art of the Rifle

Melissa5

Quote from: Fabricator on October 08, 2012, 06:14:15 PM
Shot 220 this past weekend (10-6/7) at the fine Twin Oaks Dublin range; Dr John was shoot boss.   The rifle was a 10-22 with Tech-sights.  Thanks again to all the instructors and participants!  I look forward to doing more than just shooting at these events!

Fabricator

Congrats! 
John 3:16

9/12 Toccoa 219 (rimfire)
2/16 Buford 228 (centerfire)

Guardian

Shot Rifleman (227) on Sunday, 07OCT12 at my first Appleseed (Twin Oaks range) under the tutelage of Dr. John, Morpheus, and Mechanic. Rifle was a Ruger 10/22 with a 4x scope (my iron sight days are mostly gone).

Congrats to Fabricator on the patch and the Orange Hat!

failureToExtract

This past weekend was my first Appleseed.  Saturday I shot  a 187 due to getting crossed up and putting 5 rounds in someone else's target.  Sunday I shot Rifleman three times with my highest score 226.  My next Appleseed I plan to use a neutered M16A1 left handed.  I shot right handed this past weekend.

Rifle - 19 year old Ruger 10/22 updated with Tech Sights.
Score - 226
Shot at Waco, GA Appleseed on 11NOV12
I live in Columbus, GA

pavelft

Shot a 224 yesterday at the Augusta, GA 1-2 DEC 2012 shoot with my Marlin 795. Thanks to "DrJohn," "kestak", "TAZDevil", "The Iron Mantis", "Dreamerofdreams", "Fountainhead", and "Guardian."

Forest
"Distrust and Caution are the parents of Security" - Ben Franklin

"There is one safeguard known generally to the wise, which and advantage and security to all, but especially to democracies as against despots - 'suspicion.'" - Demosthenes

UGaVet

Attended my first Appleseed in Waco, Ga on April 16.  Frickin' cold weekend. Got a 212 on my first try and qualified for the Iceseed.  Couldn't repeat on Sunday but I'm eager for the next one.

rdhood

Shot 228, 233, 215, 213, 233,   all 5 in a row,   in Rising Fawn, GA,  on Sun March 3, 2013

Temps started below freezing with snow flurries until about noon. The sun came out and it warmed up to about 42F in the afternoon.... It was actually colder than Waco  two weeks prior, which I also attended, when they were giving out Winterseed patches!

Rifle was a 10/22 with Simmons 22MAG 3-9x32 scope , GM 20" SS sport barrel, Brimstone trigger.  I shot CCI Blazer.

Agrivere

Waco, GA on April 20, 2013

Shot a 233 on my first AQT at my first Appleseed!

Used a Magnum Research MLR22 Rifle with a Weaver 3-9x32 AO Scope, which was an amazing rifle for this shoot.

Thanks to franklinfarmer who was the shoot boss, and Wy Knott and Dr John for lots of great coaching along the way.
"The great body of our citizens shoot less as times goes on. We should encourage rifle practice among schoolboys, and indeed among all classes, as well as in the military services by every means in our power. Thus, and not otherwise, may we be able to assist in preserving peace in the world... The first step � in the direction of preparation to avert war if possible, and to be fit for war if it should come � is to teach men to shoot." -Theodore Roosevelt

General Stuart

Augusta 8-11-13 at the Pinetucky gun range with a score of 234. It was my third Appleseed.

I was blessed to be under the tutelage of Guitarzan, Pavelft, and Dr. John as the shoot boss. 

The rifle was a scoped Ruger 10/22.
"I am resigned; Gods will be done."
Major General J.E.B Stuart

dvanncvann

Baconton, Ga. Shot a 225 with a Garand 22 rimfire that I built.
Was there to see Goose get his green hat.

Leadslinger66

Rising Fawn on 9/14/14. Shot a 223 during my first Appleseed.

Thanks to S3 and his team for all the great history lessons and shooting lessons. Had a great time!
John

"We mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes, and our sacred Honor." - the signers of the Declaration of Independence

Vangard

Shot 218 at Toccoa, Oct 4-5 (2nd Appleseed). Our son Matt shot a 212 in his 1st Appleseed. Kuki is still upset! (but getting close)

Many Thanks to shoot boss Morpheus, Fabricator, Guitarzan and all the other great Instructors. You might see us at a KD someday.
"The duty of a patriot is to protect his country from its government."
― Thomas Paine

Wy Knott

Congrats to both of you!  O0
"I have no respect for a man hoo can only spell a word one way"
-Andrew Jackson
I love you goose- you brought cookies and sharpies...what more could a person want?

Two Mikes

Summerville, Oct 12, 231 with a scoped 10/22.

That was my first AQT of the day.   The second and third were a 200 and 222.   My excuse on the 200 is I failed to seat the mag twice on the sitting stage.  Oops.
Proud Member of GeorgiaCarry.Org

If you remove from people all ability to protect themselves, they will insist upon a police state, for their own safety.

Guardian

Congrats, Two Mikes! It was a pleasure to have you at the event.

Ant

May 29th, 216 on the first AQT of the day, my 2nd Appleseed event.
Siever, Tennessee
LineBoss I believe was Fabricator's Gal
ShootBoss CokeGuy

I requested a Orange Hat on the 30th, and worked my tail off!

brimus

Got mine today

Shot a 219 at my second Appleseed
At the GA Gun club
Today Oct 18, 2015
Morpheus was the shoot boss.

Plan on becoming a IIT

I live in the Lawrenceville area

Fabricator

Quote from: brimus on October 18, 2015, 07:17:20 PM
Got mine today

Shot a 219 at my second Appleseed
At the GA Gun club
Today Oct 18, 2015
Morpheus was the shoot boss.

Plan on becoming a IIT

I live in the Lawrenceville area

It was great to meet you and your brother; I hope to see you trying on that wonderful orange hat.  Great shooting!
�The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles.�
- Jeff Cooper, Art of the Rifle

Kyle Turner

My first Appleseed, Oct 24th and 25th, Macon, Georgia (Marion Road Gun Club).
218 on Sat, 221 on Sunday (so I did improve a little and still have room)

I used a Ruger 10/22 Deluxe with Tech-Sights.  DrJohn was the shoot boss I think (may have been Brianf31).

I'd like to attend another and shoot a center fire rifle.

GDawg

I got my patch twice at my second Appleseed in Baconton on a single day event 4/9. Scored 226 and 214 with a scoped 10/22 I built. Goose was the shoot boss with Dr. John assisting. These guys are awesome!!!!

Offroadie

April 18-19, 2017

Macon, GA (Marion Rd Gun Club)

Kidd Innovations 10/22

Scored a 223 on Saturday.  Shot two AQT's on Sunday.  One was a 235.  The other was a 228.

Still seeking the perfect "250" :---

Brianf31 was the shoot boss.

Ffwd - April 19 - 20 2018

Manchester TN

TNColonel as Shoot Boss

Three more rifleman AQT's

New personal record of 243

Still striving for that 250  :~

6Bones

August 4, 2017
Mini Seed - Garrison Training Center Range, Canton GA
Shoot Boss:  CokeGuy

Lurching Hail

4 June 2018
Scope: 212 & 231
Charlotte Rifle & Pistol Club
Shoot Boss Yankee Doodle

BooneCaudill

Qualified 218 in Antioch, TN August 5th with bluegrasscolonel as the shoot boss.

The hardest thing to explain is that which is glaringly evident, which everybody had decided not to see. -Aayn Rand

KPUC

I shot a 216 on 1/17/2016 at Bald Knob, AR.  Morpheus was the shoot boss.  Requalified with each of the PC's on the IIT trail.  I usually shoot a 10/22 with a scope because my eyes are getting old.  Lately, my personal favorite has a GM barrel, Nikon glass, VQ guts and Hogue furniture.  (Hard to believe that I wound up spending nearly $1,000 on a .22.)  Relocated to Richmond Hill, GA over Memorial Day weekend 2018. 
216 at Bald Knob, AR on 1/17/16
A rifleman persists; it took me six Appleseeds, a number of equipment changes and a trip to the eye doctor to qualify.  Pumpkinseed is my only daughter.

Quinncannon

Quote from: KPUC on September 21, 2018, 03:12:59 PM
I shot a 216 on 1/17/2016 at Bald Knob, AR.  Morpheus was the shoot boss.  Requalified with each of the PC's on the IIT trail.  I usually shoot a 10/22 with a scope because my eyes are getting old.  Lately, my personal favorite has a GM barrel, Nikon glass, VQ guts and Hogue furniture.  (Hard to believe that I wound up spending nearly $1,000 on a .22.)  Relocated to Richmond Hill, GA over Memorial Day weekend 2018.
The Georgia Appleseeders have gotten a good man in ol' Chris and his daughter Pumpkinseed!
"This we"ll defend"

Rifleman patch, first Appleseed, N. Little Rock, April 2010.
KD qualified, Talledega, July 2016
KD qualified, Manchester, Sept 2016
Distinguished, Bald Knob, Jan 2018
Distinguished, Bald Knob, June 2018
Infernoseed, Bald Knob, June 2018
250 Perfect score, Bald Knob, 17 June, 2018
Distinguished, Bald Knob, Jan 2019
Distinguished, Hot Springs, April 2019
Distinguished, Bald Knob, Jan 2020
Distinguished, Bald Knob,  Aug 2020
Distinguished, Bolt Action, Bald Knob, Jan 2021
Distinguished, Menifee, Arkansas Aug 2021
Distinguished KD, 50/50, 50/50, Hot Springs, AR Oct 2021
Distinguished, Bolt Action and Semi, Bald Knob, Jan 2022

wileycoyote

211 at Macon in June 2016
43 at Talledega KD November 2018

PatriotMurse

April 13, 2019.
Score of 215 at Red Hill Range in Martin, GA.

Gator0246

236 on Nov 2nd, 2019. 229 on Nov 3rd 2019. Shot at Blue Ridge with CokeGuy as shoot boss.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.
Samuel Adams

Roswell

Known Distance Qualified: Talladega, AL 12-3-16 - 45/50; Distinguished 49/50 - Talladega, AL 12-8-19
Instructor Boot Camp: Toccoa, GA 7-13, 8-15; Pelham, TN 2-14, 2-16; Columbiana, AL 2-15; Canton, GA 2-18, 1-19, 2-20, 2-21, 3-22, 2-23, 1-24
Shoot Boss Boot Camp and Liberty Seminar: Toccoa, GA 8-14 & Canton, GA 1-19

Pistol Instructor Boot Camp: South Huntsville, AL 5-20; Canton, GA 1-21, 2-24
Pistol Qualified: Spencer, TN 4-10-21
Charter Pistol Instructor Boot Camp: Antioch, TN 2-22 & Canton, GA 1-23