News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

GA Rifleman.

Started by Appalacious, March 16, 2010, 07:38:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lowside

10/24/2010 in Toccoa

Shot a 224, scored by sanderman79

oldredtop

Toccoa October 24, 2010...first Appleseed.

Shot 221 on standard AQT and 216 on Rapid Fire AQT with a loaner 10/22 (thanks Sanderman!)...he must have had some magic dust on it... ;D  Will be back to try to qualify on a centerfire... O0

Great time... great Appleseed staff...thanks to all who make it possible.

Wabash

Hi All:
Shot 213 on Saturday November 13, 2010 at Waco with several rifleman scores on Sunday; the high score being 225. Thanks to all those instructors who helped me (Its a long list) but particularly to Franklinfarmer, Craig, Raymond and Fred.
Thanks
Kayla

cswhitfield

Kayla it was your persistence and attitude.

OOORAH!

Craig
... what counts ... is not the rounds we fire, the noise of our bursts nor the smoke we make.  ... it is the hits that count.

yonah

Nov. 13, 2010. Toccoa, GA, 238
The right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

Appalacious

Quote from: yonah on November 22, 2010, 07:58:45 AM
Nov. 13, 2010. Toccoa, GA

^^^ One of those who's been a rifleman for quite awhile, but just received the patch.
Condescension is a GOOD thing.

cswhitfield

If my count is correct that is just 27.  Surely there are more than that.  Do we have any records that indicate how many in GA have shot a rifleman score?
... what counts ... is not the rounds we fire, the noise of our bursts nor the smoke we make.  ... it is the hits that count.

sanderman79

It might be possible and see for the AAR's the number of Riflemen, but for an exact number I have no idea. I think the average is 2 or 3 per shoot.

Raymon

Appalacious

Remember, part of being a rifleman is getting involved.  Going through the steps to post on this board is a great way to show you've earned it.  The 27 here have earned it.  May the keep earning it.
Condescension is a GOOD thing.

JustJeff

Quote from: Appalacious on November 29, 2010, 03:39:20 PM
Remember, part of being a rifleman is getting involved.  Going through the steps to post on this board is a great way to show you've earned it.  The 27 here have earned it.  May the keep earning it.
Well said!  O0
Your version of "ineffective" does not necessarily reflect the truth....
Having been "ineffectively" taught to the Rifleman Standard and having been "ineffectively" taught to teach others to the Rifleman Standard, I believe I prefer the "ineffective" over the other choice.

aka Bodie

Waco, 12-11-10--shot 212. Did better 'n that in my mind, but the paper don't lie. Still room for improvement, and I won't be satisfied until I shoot a 250...hopeless optimist I guess.

Major thanks to Craig for having the gumption to introduce me to Appleseed during a business call. Just goes to show that ya never know when those "seeds" ya cast about may take root...

And thanks also to John, Fred, and the rest of the red & orange hats that gave me instruction, correction, encouragement, and information...all because they volunteered to do something that meant something to them. Seems to me that the spirit that animated you guys and gals to do this must be a lot like the spirit that animated others to do the same a few hundred years ago...go figger...

Jerry Bodenhamer (Bodie)
"WHY, THEY COULDN'T HIT AN ELEPHANT AT THIS DISTANCE!"
Maj. Gen. John Sedgwick, Commander, Union VI Corps, moments before his death by rifle fire from a Confederate sharpshooter, Spotsylvania, VA, May 9, 1864.

Banger

Did the tacco shoot in november 2010.  Shot 190's to high of 205 all day long.  Did the Waco shoot this Saturday (Dec 11 2010) and on my first AQT scored a 238.  Backed it up with a 235.  Both tests were done with a friends bolt action 22.  I'm seriously considering becoming an instructor, it's a fantastic experience and cause.  Thanks guys for letting me be a part of it!

Piker

239 on the snowy Sunday in Waco, 12-12-10
"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson

M1 Thumb

4/17/11, scored 220 with a scoped 10/22 in Augusta.  Was very pleased when I scored a 221 later that same day with a 10/22 using iron sights. 
"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse.  The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

John Stuart Mill

banzi

Shot my first Rifleman score in Ramsuer, NC during the late fall(Oct.-Nov) 0f 2009. The shoot boss was 7.62 BBQ.

bobcatdad

217 in Augusta May 14. Backed it up with 215. Stock Ruger 10/22 + Win.333 ammo. Dr. John scored both targets. Can't wait to do it with centerfire next time.

TheIronMantis

Quote from: banzi on April 22, 2011, 10:33:51 AM
Shot my first Rifleman score in Ramsuer, NC during the late fall(Oct.-Nov) 0f 2009. The shoot boss was 7.62 BBQ.

I was on that line with you.  This was also when I shot my first Rifleman score.

WECSOG

Toccoa Mud Bowl, Spring 2008

236 and 226 back to back after finally borrowing two mags that wouldn't jam after 2 rnds.

SoM was shoot boss, TracerFire ran the pistol pit.

Flathead helped me dial in my first kit built FAL on the KD afterward.

Once my twins get a bit older, I'll be out there again as an IIT.
Be not intimidated... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your liberties by any pretense of politeness, delicacy, or decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for hypocrisy, chicanery and cowardice. - John Adams

brianf31

Shot a 222 on 12 June at Augusta. TazDevil was shoot boss.
"Nevertheless, to the persecution and tyranny of his cruel ministry we will not tamely submit -- appealing to Heaven for the justice of our cause, we determine to die or be free."

― Joseph Warren

k209

Taccoa September shoot I got a 219 and followed up with a 210

Morpheus

My first Appleseed on 9/3/11 I used my bolt action .22 and shot a 212 scored by DrJohn. Followed in October with my centerfire and a 217.
"The liberties of a people never were, nor ever will be, secure when the transactions of their rulers may be concealed from them." Patrick Henry
"We have to pass the bill so you can find out what is in it." Nancy Pelosi (and Paul Ryan, kinda)

Ramblin' Wreck

I qualified at my first Appleseed, at the range we own, on July 9 - 10, 2011. I finally qualified on day 2 after TnColonel convinced me to use a REAL sling instead of the nylon one I had on my Bushmaster Varminter .223. I shot a 223, with a .223, on the next AQT. Since then my 12 year old daughter Regan shot a 227 at Manchester, TN which of course required that I get my rifle out of the truck and shoot a 229.  Now, if I can just get my wife out of the 190's we'll have a whole family of Riflemen.

Ramblinwreck
"If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin."  ― Samuel Adams

KD Requal Huntsville 11/13/22 with scoped Service Rifle 47/50
25m Requal 2/1/2020 with AR15 scored 247
25m Requal 4/17/2021 with .22 bolt gun - 237
61 KD and UKD events run/worked as of 1/18/22

You can't miss fast enough to qualify.

Without a heritage every generation starts over.

Beware an old man who still shoots iron sights.

"War is when your Government tells you who the enemy is. Revolution is when you figure it out for yourself" - unknown

Red Niva

Toccoa,GA
10-5-11
I shot a 225 and a 238 with a Ruger 10/22. That was my third AS.
With DrJohn scoring my targets.

P.S. I also got the purple patch cause purple is my favorite color!!
"Darkness is returning to Paradise. Are you ready?" Johnny Drake

"From the desert has come a voice crying in the wilderness, and his name is John. Johnny Drake to be more precise. But ask his disciples and they will tell you his mission is no less defined than the mission of John the Baptist, who first introduced the Light from heaven to the world over two thousand years ago. The multitudes listened to John, who told them that Jesus of Nazareth was the Way to God. Then Herod toke John's head.
  Now the question begs us: Will the world listen to Johnny Drake? And who will take his head?"   Quote from the book, "Sinner" by Ted Dekker

Roswell

On 3/18/12 in Macon, GA I shot 216 with my scoped 10/22 scored by DrJohn.  That was my second Appleseed. I also took up the Orange Hat when prompted by Morpheus.
Known Distance Qualified: Talladega, AL 12-3-16 - 45/50; Distinguished 49/50 - Talladega, AL 12-8-19
Instructor Boot Camp: Toccoa, GA 7-13, 8-15; Pelham, TN 2-14, 2-16; Columbiana, AL 2-15; Canton, GA 2-18, 1-19, 2-20, 2-21, 3-22, 2-23, 1-24
Shoot Boss Boot Camp and Liberty Seminar: Toccoa, GA 8-14 & Canton, GA 1-19

Pistol Instructor Boot Camp: South Huntsville, AL 5-20; Canton, GA 1-21, 2-24
Pistol Qualified: Spencer, TN 4-10-21
Charter Pistol Instructor Boot Camp: Antioch, TN 2-22 & Canton, GA 1-23

Iron Man

March 31, 2012.  Toccoa. My 3rd Appleseed.
With DrJohn lineboss. 227.
Iron Sights.
"Without the Law; Mercy and Grace become worthless.
Without Mercy and Grace, the Law condemns us all." -E.H.E.

Iron Man

Melissa5

Sept. 2, 2012 Toccoa with Morpheus as shoot boss.
217 & 219 with a scoped 10/22
This was my 3rd Appleseed.
John 3:16

9/12 Toccoa 219 (rimfire)
2/16 Buford 228 (centerfire)

BigDog

November 2011 at Toccoa, GA.  Dr. John was Shoot Boss.  Scored 217 with a 10/22...I think.  Now it's time to move up to a .30 and shoot Rifleman!  I tried this past weekend with the Mosin...alas no.  I will presevere!

Ramblin' Wreck

Originally July 10, 2011 with TnColonel as Shoot Boss. Shot a 223 with a .223.  I qualified KD Rifleman yesterday, September 3, 2011, in Manchester TN once again with TnColonel as Shoot Boss.
"If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin."  ― Samuel Adams

KD Requal Huntsville 11/13/22 with scoped Service Rifle 47/50
25m Requal 2/1/2020 with AR15 scored 247
25m Requal 4/17/2021 with .22 bolt gun - 237
61 KD and UKD events run/worked as of 1/18/22

You can't miss fast enough to qualify.

Without a heritage every generation starts over.

Beware an old man who still shoots iron sights.

"War is when your Government tells you who the enemy is. Revolution is when you figure it out for yourself" - unknown

Wy Knott

Shot score of 210 in Manchester TN sometime in 2010. High score about 217. Ruger 10/22.
"I have no respect for a man hoo can only spell a word one way"
-Andrew Jackson
I love you goose- you brought cookies and sharpies...what more could a person want?

brianf31

Quote from: Ramblinwreck on September 04, 2012, 05:47:38 PM
Originally July 10, 2011 with TnColonel as Shoot Boss. Shot a 223 with a .223.  I qualified KD Rifleman yesterday, September 3, 2011, in Manchester TN once again with TnColonel as Shoot Boss.

Congrats Ben!
"Nevertheless, to the persecution and tyranny of his cruel ministry we will not tamely submit -- appealing to Heaven for the justice of our cause, we determine to die or be free."

― Joseph Warren