News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Williamston, MI March 13-14, 2010 AAR

Started by BeeFree, March 15, 2010, 01:15:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BeeFree

A big thank you to the 21 shooters and 7 instructors (TC, Dinky, GB, FuzzyMath, Miki, Buttstock, along with intheburbs on Sunday) who braved the nasty Michigan weather this weekend - at 42 degrees with spitting rain and a layer of ice still on the ground on Saturday, and 36 degrees, rain, a bit of sleet, wind, and a layer of mud on the ground on Sunday, you all impressed me with your persistence and performance.  Special kudos to the kids (Vince, Maddie, & Nathan) for sticking it out all day, esp Maddie for braving BOTH days and coming up with a fantastic 187 on her last AQT.  We have two new Riflemen (and we required a 215 due to the slightly short range), two more knocking at the door, and two Riflemen from earlier Appleseeds who demonstrated their first scores were not flukes by repeating them.  Repeatedly!  Dazureus' 242 showed an especially nice touch.  I will post the stats a bit later (I am dealing with a bit of fallout from my husband's car losing it's brakes on the way home from the range on Sunday - no one was injured, but we are a car short and I have some extra driving duties today) ANYWAY I wanted to get this started so you all could add your thoughts...

Still thawing out... (we need a shivering smiley)
BeeFree
Make Orwell Fiction Again!

Miki

Gotta love the Michigan weather. I was amazed at the persistence shown by the shooters. They just kept laying down in the water and shooting. It was a true pleasure to work with you all.

I will post pictures just as soon as I figure out how.

Miki

Trying again...sigh...

Miki

a few more

Miki

and a few more

Miki

last few

Miki

and finally...this pic sums up what it's all about...

Norman D. Landing

Just like to say thanks for wealth of information learned at the shoot, however the less said about the weather the better.  In addition I decided to name myself before anyone else did. 

Plan to be in Ohio at the end of July.

ITB

One more picture - Sunday's instructor crew:

"I will either set my country free, or shed my last drop of blood to make her so." -  Dr. Joseph Warren

" ITB glides through the highways of the Midwest like a Velvet Fog, unfettered by mortal speed limits, leaving only the knowledge of American Heritage and Marksmanship (and a faint whiff of ghost pepper sauce) in his wake." - Oz

CF KD requal - Muenster, TX  11/25/23