News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

MWCA Gun Show March 20-21

Started by Whisker, March 10, 2010, 11:59:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Whisker

Bad news.

I got a letter today from the MWCA that says,

"App and check returned.  Don't know what your project (RWVA.org) is!  We are sold out for this show."

I called them but they don't answer the phones.  I left a message explaining what we are about and hopefully we'll get a call back. 

Kinda frustrating...
What brings together men liberated from local and national limitations is also what keeps them apart. What pushes for greater rationality is also what nourishes the irrationality of hierarchical exploitation and repression.  What creates society's abstract power also creates its concrete unfreedom.

vmt193

Dang! I was kinda looking forward to that. There's nothing that says we can't try to get a few vendors to maybe let us leave some info sitting on their tables.

Whisker

There were tables left when I sent that check in.  It seems to me like they only had a few tables left and rejected us since they don't know what Appleseed is. 

I still plan on attending with tons of fliers.  I should have 400 or more trifolds.  The MWCA never answer the phones so I don't know what's possible.  We'll just have to show up and see.

If anyone wants to attend at the same time, let me know.  I'll try and get there around 9 am on saturday. 
What brings together men liberated from local and national limitations is also what keeps them apart. What pushes for greater rationality is also what nourishes the irrationality of hierarchical exploitation and repression.  What creates society's abstract power also creates its concrete unfreedom.

AFTERMATH

:wall: :wall: :wb: :wall: :wb: :wall: :wb: :wall: &) :sos: !@#) !@#) !@#) ++) !@#) :wb: :wall: ~~:) ~~:) :wb: :wall: :wb: :~ :~ :~ :--- :--- :--- :--- %) #) &) :-\ :wb: ~~:) ~~:) :wb: :wall: $$-0 :)) :~ @@) ++) !@#) &) :sos: &) @&)

&%#$ %$#@!%$# &^%$& ^#%@&

With no base; we have no other choice but to go rogue. :--- :---
I'll be there about nine. ^-^
By the end of the day; the should all know who we are!  ;D ;D ;D  ;D ;D ;D  ;D ;D ;D
@)
"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship Instructors on the planet." - Son of Martha

"Tyrants rise and fall, but tyranny lasts forever." -Me

[What kind of megalomaniac quotes himself?]

Sven

The Oakdale Gun Club should have a table there.  Talk to the guys manning the table and remind them that we have an event there in May.  This could help promote the club. I'll see if I can find out who to contact prior to the event. O0
"I was spotting one day and M2 was hitting baseball sized dirt clods at 300yds away. DON'T F/K with an old man with a Garand... " RED DAWN

AFTERMATH

Quote from: Sven on March 13, 2010, 12:45:22 AM
The Oakdale Gun Club should have a table there.  Talk to the guys manning the table and remind them that we have an event there in May.  This could help promote the club. I'll see if I can find out who to contact prior to the event. O0

Great!  O0
However, someone told me we may be back on!
I don't want to reveal my source; but he was using bark as a spoon on Sunday..... ::)
So, perhaps we can have both!   ..:.. ..:.. ..:..
"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship Instructors on the planet." - Son of Martha

AFTERMATH

Persistance!
So...  As it turns out; we did not get a table reserved!
That wasn't going to turn us away!
So, we went anyway; handing out flyers to anyone who didn't run as we approached them!
However, I'm not sure whether it was a matter of persistance, or providence, but there was a vacant table.
And Whisker managed to commandier it for the remainder of the event!  Huzza!
At about 13:00; we were up and running.  A little unprepaired for for a table set-up, as we didn't know we'd aquire on.
But what do Riflemen do?  Improvise!
I felt it went quite well for the remainder of the day.  We had quite a few people stop by.  Some of them were familliar with us.
Some of them had heard of us.  And some of them said; "What?"
Well, we answered all their questions!  Including the questions of one gentleman who felt that us Whisker and I were simply blowing smoke in reguards to our knowledge of RevWar History.  He gave us his '20 question drill-down in a futile attempt to break us: only to find that, in fact, we were men, who knew what we were talking about.
    NOTE:  When you're doing this; it is important to have a base of knowledge that can stand up against such 'smart-alecs' and 'know-it-alls.' 

All in all; day one was a success in my opinion.  Athough, it did seem to go too quickly, for me at least.  Then again, I didn't get there untill sometime after noon.
Unfortunately, I will not be able to make it tomorrow.  But Whisker and Javaguy will man the post.
I'm positive they will continue to represent us well.
On that note; anyone else who can make it; you are welcome to help out as well. 
We've got to do this again!

Aftermath

Castle Mountain

Aftermath,  you are so cool!!! O0 O0 O0 Proud of you!

CM
Aut viam inveniam aut faciam- will find a way or I will make one".
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."  one who has not qualified himself with the M-16 may not be considered to be a responsible citizen."

—Jeff Cooper, The Art of the Rifle

"Terrorism is the best political weapon, for nothing drives people harder than a fear of sudden death."
-- Adolf Hitler (1889-1945) German Nazi Dictator

"Once a government is committed to the principle of silencing the voice of opposition, it has only one way to go, and that is down the path of increasingly repressive measures, until it becomes a source of terror to all its citizens and creates a country where everyone lives in

AFTERMATH

Quote from: Castle Mountain on March 21, 2010, 12:06:45 AM

Aftermath,  you are so cool!!! O0 O0 O0 Proud of you!

CM

Nah.... I'm just reasonably adept at acting it.

Thanks, CM

Whisker

Javaguy and I finished the job today.  Should fill up our shoots.  My favorite passerby was a guy with decked in NRA garb who approached our table.  We asked him if he was familiar with Appleseed and he replied with something like, "Yes. But the NRA does a much better job." He then walked away to prevent discussion.     

Some people have well developed senses of humor.   ;D

AFTERMATH

Quote from: Whisker on March 21, 2010, 08:45:49 PM
Javaguy and I finished the job today.  Should fill up our shoots.  My favorite passerby was a guy with decked in NRA garb who approached our table.  We asked him if he was familiar with Appleseed and he replied with something like, "Yes. But the NRA does a much better job." He then walked away to prevent discussion.     

Some people have well developed senses of humor.   ;D

I would have called him out on that one.
'If the NRA does such a great job; then why are we here, in this day, facing the current situation?  I suppose they've only had since 1871 one to fix our country.'
Not that I believe the NRA does not play it's role.  They're about treating the symptoms; rather than curing the disease.

javaguy

Whisker's rifle was a big draw - lots of retired Marines fondling it.  Handed out lots of info. Wished I'd had a Powerpoint running but maybe next time!

DeanC

Talking with Srigs the holster maker, he says the Coliseum show is one of the toughest to get a table at. He has been a member for a while and this was the first one he was able to get a table at.