News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

New to Appleseed in NY? Check in here.

Started by B9, March 09, 2010, 07:17:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

B9

Welcome tecknicaltom.

Is Appleseed what you are looking for?
If you want to learn to handle a rifle safely and effectively, then yes. If that is all you desire, Appleseed can help.
I may be at the Lake George shoot and do have a 10/22 Ruger you could borrow and I know most of the other NY Instructors would also.

If that's all you want.

But I am sure you have seen/read a little bit about Project Appleseeds primary goal of History and Heritage, right?
Go to the Lake George shoot and bring the coworker and the spouses. Preregister on the EventBright site so we can plan supplies. Post back here with how many in your party and we will arrange some loaner rifles.

"It's very hard to engineer another countries liberation...people have to liberate themselves. Unfortunately in history, many people get killed..."
Medea Benjamin

Josey Wales

..Tecknicaltom.,
..Lake George will be a great event to attend. There will be excellent Instructors there to assist, also the Instructor to student ratio will be like 1 to 4.. The experience I promise will be rewarding. If you follow what B9 suggested we will be able to get all 4 of you set up with rifles & gear. You would pick up the 22 LR ammo ( a brick of 500 for each shooter minimum), eye & ear protection too.. PM any of us with any questions or concerns..
..to hell with them fellows, buzzards gotta eat same as worms..

tecknicaltom

B9 and Josey Wales,
We will unfortunately not be able to make the event on the 20th and 21st.  I was really looking forward to it, but that weekend is no good for us. Thank you for your help and your offers to help find loaners. I will definitely be trying to make it to one of the future Appleseed events, and who knows, maybe by then I'll need one less loaner... Thanks again for your help.

nyhunter

Hi ALL
New here, just registered. Im looking to see if I can get my range to host a shoot. Need advice on that.

Another D.O.M.

Hey there nyhunter - welcome to Appleseed, and welcome to the NY board!

There are several folks in the NY Appleseed community who can help you out with this.  LittleMo and The Mrs. have presented Appleseed to the Board of Directors at their home range; and several of us have done likewise at ranges throughout the state.

Send me a PM with your contact info, what area of NY you live in, and the range you're interested in getting an Appleseed event scheduled at.  I'll be happy to provide information and guidance.

Thanks for your post - and thanks for helping to save our nation!
MJA
"Dark & difficult times lie ahead.  Soon we must all face the choice between what is right, and what is easy."  Dumbledore

Another D.O.M.

"Dark & difficult times lie ahead.  Soon we must all face the choice between what is right, and what is easy."  Dumbledore

j1mmyd

Hi, All.

Checking in as directed.

Done 2 Appleseeds, shot a 230 at the second in Myakka, FL last month. Contemplating Calverton this month so I can keep ratcheting up the challenge a bit each time.

Looking to get more involved locally.

Jim

B9

Quote from: j1mmyd on January 05, 2011, 04:21:11 PM
Done 2 Appleseeds, shot a 230 at the second in Myakka, FL last month.  
Looking to get more involved locally.

Two Appleseeds, a 230, Instruction from some of the best (FL crew), wants to help out...... Welcome.

Could not get much better than that. Go to Calverton and accept an Orange Hat while your there.

Even better also go the the B-Flats IBC.

Your silence in this matter is not acceptable.

"It's very hard to engineer another countries liberation...people have to liberate themselves. Unfortunately in history, many people get killed..."
Medea Benjamin

CharlieHotel

Shot first and second Appleseeds in Oct and Dec respectively @ Calverton... Shot a 223 and 232 at 2nd and took an orange Hat... But you already know that B9. Going to Burlington IBC, still looking for other iit's who might need a ride. Got room for 2 or 3 more. PM me if interested.
Peace

"A good plan executed perfectly is better than a perfect plan executed poorly"

"As steel sharpens steel, so one man sharpens another"

"It's not the dope 'ON' the rifle, but the one behind it!" - Unknown PMI, Parris Island, SC 1984

So speak and so act as those who will be judged by the law of Liberty.
For Judgement comes without mercy for those who have shown no mercy, Mercy shall triumph over judgement.
James 2:12-13