News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

..RWVA - Appleseed Brochure PDF file..

Started by Josey Wales, March 06, 2010, 07:01:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josey Wales

..Here is the final proof of the universal RWVA - Appleseed Project Brochure I made. It is a two sided tri-fold, 11 x 8.5, four color glossy brochure. May it help spread the message for many many miles to many many eyes & ears. May it inspire the hearts and minds to incite...................Strength & Honor....
...Join or Die......Sincerely, Josey Wales......
..to hell with them fellows, buzzards gotta eat same as worms..

sgtrock

B9

Love it. O0
I see some familiar faces in the photos. Scout, kDan, ADOM, Chainsaw, Imker and JW himself. All good company.
This will be a great boost to the NY effort to spread the AS word.
"It's very hard to engineer another countries liberation...people have to liberate themselves. Unfortunately in history, many people get killed..."
Medea Benjamin

caseyblane

"Boy, there are Do'ers, Thinkers, and Wonderers, be a Do'er!" My Grandfather.

VietVet

Excellent work. You really did a great job.  O0
                                    OUR
FOREFATHERS WOULD BE SHOOTING BY NOW!

ChrisO

Another D.O.M.

You do fine work my friend.

Fantabulous!
"Dark & difficult times lie ahead.  Soon we must all face the choice between what is right, and what is easy."  Dumbledore

R1SGx2

JW,
I said this before, your a good man,
I plan to use these at promo events, with your permission.
You put a lot of work into this one, nice bullet comments,
the photo's compliment the brochure nicely,
hopefully for the reader of them - will raise an eye brow.
Thank you and look forward to seeing and working with
you on the trail.
"Eyes of the Warrior - Always open"
"What's the weather got to do with it, lets go."
"Appleseed, where good people come together to save a nation."

Vergeltung

JW, that is really nice man!! really nice.

great work & nice initiative!!!!  :)

R1SGx2

J.W.,
Printed 150 copies for gun show March 20/21 Saratoga Springs. They came out EXCELLENT.
Will be a nice add to our table. Alse we have one of V's Banners, and ordering today one of the new banners to add to our display.

J.W., Thank you for your dedication.

Josey Wales

..I received 2000 prints today..shoot, I should of ordered 10,000..heck make it 50,000.......I will bring a bunch to the Lake George IBC for all my AS friends and neighbors.....see ya all soon.........Strength & Honor.......................JW...............

V

Love it!  O0 Want to get some printed. :)

The uber pain that I am, a teensie, teensie, change request? If it were mine I'd also swap the left hand column on each page. Let me explain why.

With a fully closed trifold you have the two center and right columns of your current page 1 as the back and front "cover" respectively.

Opening the front cover but leaving the inside page closed I'd want you to then read "welcome to appleseed" on the left column and your current "if becoming a rifleman interests you..." on the right. A self-contained two column sequential read.

The if you open the inside page you'd read your current right two columns of page 2 as a detailed, what goes on at an appleseed, extra article on the center and right columns.

So if page 1 left to right of your current file are columns 1,2,3 and page 2 left to right are 4,5,6, then I'd like to see a file with 4,2,3 on page 1 and 1,5,6 on page 2

Is that easy to do? If not I'll go with the above. You can email me my version if you don't want to edit the original pdf above.

Cheers
Phil

SamD

I will ask again
Is there any way we can do these in a format that non computer geeks cam play with?
You know something other than a PDF?like say WORD or OpenOffice?

Sam

Another D.O.M.

Quote from: SamD on March 18, 2010, 12:41:52 AMI will ask again
Is there any way we can do these in a format that non computer geeks cam play with?
Sam
Ahhh - but that's the point of PDF - no one can alter the document; I understand what you're asking, however.

Nick, would you be willing to email a copy of your master (in whatever format you created it) to Sam (his email is in his profile info)?  Thanx!
"Dark & difficult times lie ahead.  Soon we must all face the choice between what is right, and what is easy."  Dumbledore

V

I don't want the master cos I don'twant to shell out for the professional programs we don't have the skills to do this like a pro. I was just wondering if JW could knock  out a variant PDF.

Josey Wales

..V, I will work on your request, just give me a few days to get it straight.....JW

..Sam, the PDF file ables me to send it through attachments in emails, I made it on a imac notebook and the PDF is readable by most computers. If you would like to move some things around on the brochure I will have to try to email it in its original form...Give me some time to investagate that......JW

..I am glad you guys chimed in...................Strength & Honor............................JW...............

scuzzy

Quote from: SamD on March 18, 2010, 12:41:52 AM
I will ask again

Sam

Absolutely. PDF editing requires an expensive piece of software from Adobe. There are
free PDF editors but they mostly suck.

Open Office. Sam, you have to a bit of geek in you already if you know about OO and
can actually use it.

All of you that dont know what OpenOffice is, see this: http://download.openoffice.org/other.html

OO runs on Windows, Mac, and Linux.

People who do PDF stuff: Please put it into OpenOffice, do your stuff, and then you can
EXPORT it to PDF so that anyone can read it. To export just click on File->Export to PDF.

Yup, OpenOffice is free. It reads Microsoft WORD files too.
Did I mention it is FREE?

I had to do a change to a 'What to Bring to an Appleseed' PDF lately. I copied/pasted the PDF
info into an OpenOffice file. Made my changes, and then EXPORTED the file to a PDF. Now anybody
that comes after me can get the OpenOffice file (.odt), change it, and just export it again to a PDF.

Problem solved. Free of charge.
An Armed Society is a polite society. Heinlein.

R1SGx2

Gotta add my .02 as to share, I use   doPDF V6 was a free download, when I finish a document word, publisher etc, I save a copy under different name, This way always have the original. then go to print a copy select the doPDF v6 which is seen as a printer and it coverts it to a PDF.
There are other programs out there that coverts PDF back to word, but not sure how it would do with graphics. Never used one.

Do I get change from my $.02

gunville

JW - How about a version of the tri-fold flyer with a list of New York ranges in it, so folks know they don't have to travel far, and also to get other clubs insterested in being part of it.

I'd say dates too, but those are fluid, especially if we double last year.

This would make it ideal for gun shows.  There are three large gun-shows comming up - Rochester, Utica and Syracuse. 

Syracuse is 1000 tables! (of course it's Patriots day weekend. !@#)) but I may be able to get someone there to put the trifold on their table. Rochester is next weekend and I hope to get there Sunday - if I can get some info I'll hand it out.  Utica is between the two.

A bit off-topic, but I've been thinking it would be nice if someone could URL www.appleseed.com/NY and get a page with a list of the shoots in NY.
-----------------------------
"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." - George Orwell

theri

Quote from: V on March 18, 2010, 12:31:43 AM
Love it!  O0 Want to get some printed. :)

The uber pain that I am, a teensie, teensie, change request? If it were mine I'd also swap the left hand column on each page. Let me explain why.

With a fully closed trifold you have the two center and right columns of your current page 1 as the back and front "cover" respectively.

Opening the front cover but leaving the inside page closed I'd want you to then read "welcome to appleseed" on the left column and your current "if becoming a rifleman interests you..." on the right. A self-contained two column sequential read.

The if you open the inside page you'd read your current right two columns of page 2 as a detailed, what goes on at an appleseed, extra article on the center and right columns.

So if page 1 left to right of your current file are columns 1,2,3 and page 2 left to right are 4,5,6, then I'd like to see a file with 4,2,3 on page 1 and 1,5,6 on page 2

Is that easy to do? If not I'll go with the above. You can email me my version if you don't want to edit the original pdf above.

Cheers
Phil

I think that way that it currently prints out is fine.  You open the trifold and see Welcome to the Appleseed Project "behind" front cover.  Once you open the page fully you have the three pages explaining Appleseed next to each other right to left which I think makes it much easier to read.  I guess that it depends if you read the "if becoming a rifleman interests you..." before or after you fully open the brochure.  To each his own I guess.
Whiskey Tango 9

SeanO

Good morning, Josey

Your brochure certainly is something to cheer about on this otherwise dark and gloomy Monday.
I'll be in Staples later this week to print out a few hundred for an upcoming gun show.

Thanks for putting it together.

Best to you and yours,  Sean O'
If you can't find a way, make one.

Col Barrett

Wow! This is a great looking brochure. Thanks for taking time and putting together such a fine piece of literature. I will certainly be running hundreds of these off. If people can remember to keep a couple of these on them at all times I think this will help us grow much faster. It is hard to get a strong message across and a business card to capture a complete stranger you may talk to, but I think this will help do it.

Josey Wales

..Thank you for the good feedback on the brochure, I am glad ya'll like it..Please make as many copies as you wish; that was my intent on its design, to have a universal flyer we all can use.. A good conversation starter to introduce the AS program...
................Strength & Honor..........................Join or Die...............................Josey Wales.........................................

SeanO

Hi, guys

I just got a rude shock.  I uploaded the brochure to Staple's print center and got an estimate for 500 copies. 

It's 88 cents a pop.  For those of you from Rio Linda, as Rush would say, that comes to $440 for the 500 copies.
I had figured on paying for this myself, but that's way more than I can put out.

I love the brochure and hate the idea that it might be just unaffordable.  Has anybody got any thoughts on this?

Best to all,  Sean O'

Josey Wales

..SeanO,
..I used, Uprint.com in LA, CA.. I got 2000 for $288 smakaroos, the turn around was like 7 days from start to my door.....We could split and order and ship to a few different address.. If you need some ASAP I will snail mail you a few......If we do it right $50 bucks could get a person, 6 divided by 2000 = 310 brochures per 6 persons.....or just me and you, half and half $150 each = 1000 each.......my brother..............JW...............

V

I think its uprinting.com at least that's the one I used which actually has centers in a few places, they print at the one nearest to you for delivery. I used them to have the TX Tri-fold, CA versions printed. You have to ask the print places for their rates to get to the "offset printing" rates. For small quantities they are basically using printers like you or I would use and the costs are horrendous. Above a certain number they print on the big machines and the price per item goes way down. But they have to have a quantity to make the cost of setting up the machines worth it. With these quality brochure hand out items which are not time or event/place specific we need to look at people pooling to get these discount rates rather than everyone doing their own odd 1 or 200 here and there.

At uprinting.com for example the break point was 500 copies for $283 on the trifold but stepping up to 1000 was only another $20, once you've paid the cost for the machine setup the additional per item cost is low. If you get organized at doing something big for low cost and have a plan for distributing and making good use of it, who knows, maybe a benefactor might step in and help with the costs.

Just my $0.02 FYI
Cheers
Phil

Quote from: Josey Wales on March 22, 2010, 03:56:18 PM
..SeanO,
..I used, Uprint.com in LA, CA.. I got 2000 for $288 smakaroos, the turn around was like 7 days from start to my door.....If you need some ASAP come to my house in Queens or we can meet in LI somewhere.  or order some with the PDF and we could split another 2000 or so.......remember there are 3 million creatures in Nassau and Suffolk alone, plus the 5 boroughs.............JW........

spitstickler

V is right. Offset is the way to go and order in quantity to get the price down.

Here's the place we used for the Texas tri-fold: http://www.printplace.com/  

Although we didn't use it, they allow you to break up your order into different shipments, so you won't have to pay to get it shipped to you, and then you pay to get them shipped again for distribution. If we order more, this will be the method we use for distribution across the state. U printing may have the same thing.

Do a quick google search for a coupon for what ever service you decide to use. You'd be surprised, may save up to 10%, get free shipping, etc.  

FWIW. I didn't find out until after the fact, but PrintPlace uses all made in the USA materials.
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work."  -Thomas Edison

GoldFish

I love the brochure; it's a great way to get people interested in the cases when you can't explain everything to them right then and there. 

---GF
"Freedom is preserved by those who die for it, but it will not survive unless people are willing to live for it."
-Boba Fett (The RWVA Instructor, not the Star Wars Bounty Hunter)

'Yes, I am a Rifleman, but I'm also a Ninja....and a Jedi.'

"Integrity first, service before self, and excellence in all we do."

"Remember, my opinion on the totem pole of life is somewhere below whale s***..." -Chris Costa

"The more you care about something, the deeper the fight will come from within."  -Travis Haley

42          ΙΧΘΥΣ           كافر           MOÉ...ΩN É...ABE         αδάμαÏ, 

Merc, Mr. Fishy, Goober, Achmed, Cornflake, FBC, Tabilasco, Mowhawk 1 Alpha

What we do in life echoes in Eternity

SeanO

Hi,

The last message I sent on this thread a couple of hours ago still hasn't appeared.  Let's try it again.

Josey, I'm in for $150 for 1000 brochures.  If you can make that happen, then just tell me where to send the money.

Best,  Sean O'

Josey Wales

....Give me a day or two to iron out the details. I am trying to get a few more people involved in the order.....Anyone else want in on the next order?... I will order in a day or two so step up and let me know, I will have them shipped to your door...depends on how many people sign up but as of now its $150 for 1000 copies...........JW.........