News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

..RWVA - Appleseed Brochure PDF file..

Started by Josey Wales, March 06, 2010, 07:01:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SeanO

Hey, guys

This is a really good deal.  15 cents per flyer as opposed to 88 cents.  Works for me.

Thanks, Josey

Sean O'
If you can't find a way, make one.

Josey Wales

..The second order for 2000 is in, thanks for the split SeanO.. Thats 4000 so far.........JW..........
..to hell with them fellows, buzzards gotta eat same as worms..

Col Barrett

JW,

I am a bit south of you guys, down here in GA, and could probably order some with a couple of guys down here and split them up among us. Do you mind sending me the word file? I like the idea that V had in his post about a little shifting around and headers. I am very happy to have the PDF you provided in the first post, but a word doc would be nice.

I will check out Uprint, but I will say that we have had plenty of success with VistaPrint, for very reasonable prices. They also send freebie emails very often, so you can keep sending yourself 50 free brochures for the cost of shipping, about 5 dollars, between large pruchases. You do have to pay a one time image upload fee(around 2 bucks), but once it is in your image library, you don't have to pay the fee every order.

Thanks for everything you have done thus far.

Big H

Great Brochure!  O0

Quote from: SamD on March 18, 2010, 12:41:52 AM
I will ask again
Is there any way we can do these in a format that non computer geeks cam play with?
You know something other than a PDF?like say WORD or OpenOffice?

Sam
1. Try downloading this extension and enabling it in a newer version of OpenOffice (OO). It lets you import the .pdf into OO Draw where you can change text photos and layout. It may change some of the formatting and you'll have to play with it. This extension is already baked in to NeoOffice for Mac.
http://extensions.services.openoffice.org/en/project/pdfimport

2. Or, highlight and copy the text paragraph you want to change and post it here with your requested change and ask for  :sos:

dart67eb

I was out leaving flyers at the sports and gun shops today and had an idea.  JW, is there a way you could modify your tri-fold so we can print it and glue it to a piece of cardboard?  Then we can get 4 x 5.5 pads and glue them on.  People can then tear off the paper to take with them.  I found the pads at http://www.vistaprint.com/note-pads.aspx?xnav=LeftItem&xnid=StationeryHomeOffice&dng=1142046 for $8.99 for 50.   Everybody can modify the pad to their needs, that way using MS Word.
Ignorance may be bliss, but it's not a virtue.

spitstickler

Discount codes for PrintPlace.com if you choose to use them.

We've had a great quarter and we want to THANK YOU for helping us achieve it. So, we've decided to end March with a bang. Here's the deal:

If you place an order of $250-$499.99, you'll get a discount of 5% on that order.
Use the coupon code: CrazyMarch5

Or, if you place an order of $500 or more, we'll give you 10% off!
Use the coupon code: CrazyMarch10

These coupon codes expire March 31st at Midnight. You can use these for any products. There are no restrictions.
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work."  -Thomas Edison

Big H

uprinting.com has 20% off brochures until April 5.
Including shipping, 2,000 8.5x11 4-color/both-sides 100-lb-paper-gloss unfolded for $237- about 12 cents each.
Or already pre-folded tri-fold for $253- about 13 cents each.

http://www.uprinting.com/print/Brochures.html

Josey Wales

..yes, I saw that BigH, they sent me the coupon via email the day after I placed my $335 order for 2000 brochures..  ..Then I called up and tried to prorate the coupon to my order(which was my second order so far=4000), I spoke to a manager and she said they will mark my account so that with my next order I can use the coupon of 20% off. Even if the coupon expires, which it does in April 5th.. So my next order should be 20% off..
...........If any one has the PDF and wants to order brochures any where in this Magnificent Country.. do it.........
.........and help get the word out..........Join or Die...............Strength & Honor................JW.............

spitstickler

Some suggestions for consideration:

• The #80 gloss paper is just fine and you will save some money, or you can order more for what your already spending. It's about the same thickness as the SWAT flyer.

• If you're thinking about folding these yourself, this will make the job easier as well. However, my suggestion would be to spend the money to have them scored and folded. The end result will have all the edges lined up perfectly.
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work."  -Thomas Edison

Josey Wales

..There will be a 3rd order in April.. If you wish to get some brochures chime in.....JW......

Josey Wales

..just ordered 3000 today, if you need some just PM me..

Jules

That is one good looking tri-fold! Good job!

Jules
No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.

- Eleanor Roosevelt

Josey Wales

..I will send you a bunch, I sent you a PM, Jules......................JW..................

Josey Wales

Josey Wales

..Here is the updated version of the original Appleseed three page, double sided, Red, White & Blue colorful, glossy trifold brochure..It is in pdf file for all to see and use..
........Strength & Honor..................Josey Wales.....................