News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Oakdale, MN - May 8th & 9th, 2010

Started by vmt193, February 25, 2010, 02:19:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vmt193

Now on the schedule! ^:)^

Oakdale, MN    May 8-9

Hosted by the Oakdale Gun Club

Info:      http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=12013.0

Reg:      http://www.eventbrite.com/event/583950612

Whisker

Nobody's signed up to shoot boss. 

Anyone got an urge to do so?  We may just barely make a new red hat by then, but probably no new shoot bosses.

I'll sign up... just don't want to step on anyone's dreams.   @)
What brings together men liberated from local and national limitations is also what keeps them apart. What pushes for greater rationality is also what nourishes the irrationality of hierarchical exploitation and repression.  What creates society's abstract power also creates its concrete unfreedom.

Whisker

okay, so I'd rather not SB since it'll be my final week of school. 
What brings together men liberated from local and national limitations is also what keeps them apart. What pushes for greater rationality is also what nourishes the irrationality of hierarchical exploitation and repression.  What creates society's abstract power also creates its concrete unfreedom.

AFTERMATH

"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship Instructors on the planet." - Son of Martha

"Tyrants rise and fall, but tyranny lasts forever." -Me

[What kind of megalomaniac quotes himself?]

rusty shackleford

Signed up!  Excited to see you all there!

Sven

Hey Rusty,

Look forward to seeing you there!
"I was spotting one day and M2 was hitting baseball sized dirt clods at 300yds away. DON'T F/K with an old man with a Garand... " RED DAWN

chuck s.

I'm new to Appleseed, but I've shot at oakdale range a few times ,great range and helpful friendly embers!!! Question i've got 3 mosin nagant varients 31,38,44 which would appropriate to bring and what else will i need beside my camping gear and ammo?  thanx chuck s.

javaguy

Hi Rusty and Chuck

Welcome to Appleseed! Looking forward to meeting you. 

Chuck - the basics are at http://appleseedinfo.org/pdf/what_to_bring_shoot.pdf   You can expect to fire 400-500 rounds over the course of the weekend.  Most bring a 10/22 to save $ while they work on technique, but bring your fav rifle and put it to the test  ;)   Be sure to bring a sling - its a key element in achieving a rock-solid shooting position.

See you there!

AFTERMATH

Welcome aboard guys!
(I can already tell Oakdale is gonna be great!)

Chuck,
If you'd like to shoot a Nagant; that would be great!  I'd love to hear the boomers on the line.
I'm sure any model will hold up to standard.  But you'd probably find more success with the 91/30.
Longer barrel/longer sight radius; reach out and touch that target...  ;)
"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship Instructors on the planet." - Son of Martha

sparks1

Well...after this weekend I got the urge to orange hat again. Problem last year was too many personal situations precluded me travelling to an AS. With ones now in a drive time I can handle I believe I should start bailing again.

Any need for another IIT1 at oakdale? Gotta pick up a family member late Sat afternoon at the airport, but can be of some help the rest of the time.

Thanks
Integrity is easier to keep, than to regain.

The Truth is that teamwork is at the heart of great accomplishment. 
(John Maxwell)

AFTERMATH

Quote from: sparks1 on April 18, 2010, 10:48:38 PM
Well...after this weekend I got the urge to orange hat again. Problem last year was too many personal situations precluded me travelling to an AS. With ones now in a drive time I can handle I believe I should start bailing again.

Any need for another IIT1 at oakdale? Gotta pick up a family member late Sat afternoon at the airport, but can be of some help the rest of the time.

Thanks
We'd be glad to have you!
Go ahead and get signed up, there's no such thing as too many IIT's!!!

Whisker

Quote from: sparks1 on April 18, 2010, 10:48:38 PM

Thanks

Thanks Sparks!  I'm really glad you're back on.

sparks1

On the list for Oakdale. Had to do some reading to find out how to get on board. Looking forward to it.

Peter, next to Zach , at Elk River was having some problems and was frustrated. His groups were all over the target and he could not see what he was doing wrong. he complained that he wished someone would take some time and help him. So I spotted his shooting and went downrange with him to see and evaluate groups. since I did not watch his shooting technique I did not have a full picture of the problem. BUT... I did tell him he was losing his shooting platform (getting lazy) and was snatching the trigger.
After that I determined I could be of some help at Appleseed , so here I am.

(John Maxwell)

javaguy

Quote from: sparks1 on April 20, 2010, 06:18:39 PM
On the list for Oakdale. Had to do some reading to find out how to get on board. Looking forward to it.

Peter, next to Zach , at Elk River was having some problems and was frustrated. His groups were all over the target and he could not see what he was doing wrong. he complained that he wished someone would take some time and help him. So I spotted his shooting and went downrange with him to see and evaluate groups. since I did not watch his shooting technique I did not have a full picture of the problem. BUT... I did tell him he was losing his shooting platform (getting lazy) and was snatching the trigger.

Great to have you for Oakdale sparks1!  Looking fwd to meeting you.  Its amazing how often some very obvious combination of poor steady-hold-factors can aggravate shooters - and they might be blaming the rifle, the wind, the ammo..  Once its pointed out (sometimes it takes alot of repetition) things start going better.  I was thinking of using a little video cam on certain shooters who repeatedly snatched the trigger or didn't follow-through.. like zoom-in right on their trigger finger.. and then let them watch it after..

AFTERMATH

Well, our instruction is modeled in such a way that by the time someone reaches Rifleman status; they've learned how to teach it as well. ;)
Of course you'll be of use. :D
Was he grouping at all?  Or was it shotgun style?

QuoteGreat to have you for Oakdale sparks1!  Looking fwd to meeting you.  Its amazing how often some very obvious combination of poor steady-hold-factors can aggravate shooters - and they might be blaming the rifle, the wind, the ammo..  Once its pointed out (sometimes it takes alot of repetition) things start going better.  I was thinking of using a little video cam on certain shooters who repeatedly snatched the trigger or didn't follow-through.. like zoom-in right on their trigger finger.. and then let them watch it after..
I hear some instructors have used this method to great effect!  Even a still; for dragging wood.

tc95gt

Quote from: javaguy on April 20, 2010, 06:33:22 PM

Great to have you for Oakdale sparks1!  Looking fwd to meeting you.  Its amazing how often some very obvious combination of poor steady-hold-factors can aggravate shooters - and they might be blaming the rifle, the wind, the ammo..  Once its pointed out (sometimes it takes alot of repetition) things start going better.  I was thinking of using a little video cam on certain shooters who repeatedly snatched the trigger or didn't follow-through.. like zoom-in right on their trigger finger.. and then let them watch it after..

I sent Peter and another shooter some of the 10' simulated targets to dry fire with. I hope they use them and work on their postions as well as the six steps.

Anyway just signed up for Oakdale. See you there. By the way who is the Shoot Boss going to be?

javaguy

Quote from: tc95gt on April 20, 2010, 07:09:37 PM
Quote from: javaguy on April 20, 2010, 06:33:22 PM

I sent Peter and another shooter some of the 10' simulated targets to dry fire with. I hope they use them and work on their postions as well as the six steps.

Anyway just signed up for Oakdale. See you there. By the way who is the Shoot Boss going to be?
I believe our fearless Aftermath will be Shoot Bossing the event  ~~:)

sparks1

Quote from: AFTERMATH on April 20, 2010, 06:38:50 PM
Was he grouping at all?  Or was it shotgun style?

Shotgun style, no groups to speak of. I hope Peter comes back to an Appleseed. He really tried hard. He did say that he was going to bring his kids to one tho', so we should see him again.

(John Maxwell)

Sven

Just checked the pre-registration numbers for Oakdale, we're at 28 of 30!  Two left to go, let's get this thing sold out!   O0
"I was spotting one day and M2 was hitting baseball sized dirt clods at 300yds away. DON'T F/K with an old man with a Garand... " RED DAWN

AFTERMATH

Is anyone planning on camping for this one?

Sven

I don't plan on camping I'm only 20 minutes from home,  :)

sparks1

I'm about an hour away, and will be driving home after. Sat. I have to leave early to do an airport run, but will be there Sun. till we are finished.

(John Maxwell)

45xdacp

Hello

Say I was wondering if anyone knows where I might find a Marine Corps shooting jacket?  I think I was taken by militarylogisticsmfg.com  I had ordered one  a month and a  half ago, they replied once to an E-mail and said they were waiting on more material but would ship ASAP. Well after not hearing anything and the oakdale shoot coming up I e-mailed them again and I see there sight is down, I have heard about Fred from here but see and have heard it takes time to receive them and I am about out of time.

So if any one knows of a place  I might get one I would appreciate the help  O0

AFTERMATH

Well if you're looking for a large RH, this place looks like they have one.  http://www.gunnyssurplus.com/usmc-shooting-jacket.html

Otherwise, maybe try ebay....  Or a search.  TheShootingMall.com is where Fred's come from, but their sight seems to be down.

HOTBRASS

WARNING about gunnyssurplus.com!!!!! I ordered 3 jackets on 3-3-10  I received the jackets but they didn't fit. I called "Randy Yoakum" back and authorized a return and refund. We shipped the jackets back and now he won't return phone calls, emails or my money!!! I then started to research Gunny's Surplus and have found that this is a common theme.  I'm pursuing this thief to the fullest of the law. I've filed a report with the BBB and I'm pursuing the issue with Randy's local authorities. There are many others that have been ripped off by this guy and the evidence is really piling up. BTW - He's also on ebay selling as "dillingerdigs"     BUYER BEWARE!!!

AFTERMATH

Quote from: HOTBRASS on April 30, 2010, 05:05:51 PM
WARNING about gunnyssurplus.com!!!!! I ordered 3 jackets on 3-3-10  I received the jackets but they didn't fit. I called "Randy Yoakum" back and authorized a return and refund. We shipped the jackets back and now he won't return phone calls, emails or my money!!! I then started to research Gunny's Surplus and have found that this is a common theme.  I'm pursuing this thief to the fullest of the law. I've filed a report with the BBB and I'm pursuing the issue with Randy's local authorities. There are many others that have been ripped off by this guy and the evidence is really piling up. BTW - He's also on ebay selling as "dillingerdigs"     BUYER BEWARE!!!

Good to know;  Thanks!

45xdacp

Does anyone know if there is room for another guy since the pre registration site says full ?

javaguy

Quote from: 45xdacp on May 05, 2010, 07:21:58 PM
Does anyone know if there is room for another guy since the pre registration site says full ?
I am aware of 2 cancellations that popped up today.  Check with Aftermath, but its probably fine.

45xdacp

OK will do  and thanks for the heads up   O0