News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Beaver Falls Appleseed dates for 2010

Started by EZ3, February 08, 2010, 10:22:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EZ3

In addition to April 24/25, the Beaver Valley Rifle and Pistol Club voted to reserve the Rifle range for Appleseed shoots on June 26/27 and September 25/26 from 8AM to 6PM.  The clubhouse is not reserved, and will not be available to us after 1:30PM on April 25 and September 26 (Sundays) due to an NRA Basic Pistol course that is scheduled on those afternoons.  There are outdoor "facilities" near the Rifle range.  Do I need to file a new application for these dates, or can they be covered by the one for the April shoot?
"You can't teach Liberty by practicing tyranny." -  Mr. Happy

Cowdog

EZ,
I think it is up to Savage Shooter and/or Mooney, but with the DAR events, I only had to apply one time (As long as no other event info is changing).

Hope this helps.

PS, I kind of like the idea that events at Beaver Falls and Slippery Rock will be "paired" a couple of weeks apart. We can cross promote, by having flyers for both at each site. We gained a few shooters up here last year from Beaver Falls O0
My avatar is the Flag of John Proctor's Westmoreland County Provincials, from 1775

B9

"Officialy" a new host ap needed as the April one has been submitted with just that date.
"Unofficialy" a verbal agreement from an established host range works for me.

Awaiting  &) from above if incorrect.
"It's very hard to engineer another countries liberation...people have to liberate themselves. Unfortunately in history, many people get killed..."
Medea Benjamin

MeanStreaker

Alright!   ^:)^

Beaver Falls is a beautiful facility!
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it.
--Thomas Paine

Used to ride a Kawasaki Mean Streak motorcycle.  I'm not an angry, naked runner.  :)

mooney

Mooney

Birdman

That is great! A very nice place. Ev was a great host last year, as well as her whole family of Rifleman. Taking the RV up and down the mountain was also great!

EZ3

Big H

Quote from: EZ3 on February 08, 2010, 10:22:30 PM
In addition to April 24/25, the Beaver Valley Rifle and Pistol Club voted to reserve the Rifle range for Appleseed shoots on June 26/27 and September 25/26 from 8AM to 6PM.  The clubhouse is not reserved, and will not be available to us after 1:30PM on April 25 and September 26 (Sundays) due to an NRA Basic Pistol course that is scheduled on those afternoons.  There are outdoor "facilities" near the Rifle range.  Do I need to file a new application for these dates, or can they be covered by the one for the April shoot?

OK it's March 1st, the June and Sept Beaver Falls shoots are not on the official AS schedule, where are we with these shoots?  ???

EZ3

Don't know.  I'll call Mooney.  You coming out west, Big H?

mooney

Submitted the dates. Should be on the schedule soon.

Mooney
PA SC
Mooney

Big H

Quote from: EZ3 on March 02, 2010, 06:46:07 PM
You coming out west, Big H?
I've got Manheim and Chambersburg. And West may jump-start DE  :~

Looks like http://www.bvrpc.org/ lost their home page...  :-[

EZ3

Yeah, that was an unwelcome shock this morning.  It's back up now.  The webmaster is looking into what happened.

EZ3

;D   OK, things are looking up for the Beaver Falls shoots!  The Club will cover the "additional insured" for the camping at Brady's Run Park.  So camping is a GO!  (Ready, Birdman?)

They also will let us use the kitchen for lunch (11AM to 1PM), provided I can find volunteers to staff it.  Proceeds go to the Club's shooting programs for juniors - to help generate future Appleseeders!  Any suggestions for the menu?

Do we have a Shoot Boss yet?  Details, details..... ;D 

Edheler

Quote from: EZ3 on March 16, 2010, 10:23:05 PMSo camping is a GO! (Ready, Birdman?)

Do you think he is going to drive his motor-home up that road again? ;)

Big H

Quote from: EZ3 on March 16, 2010, 10:23:05 PM
They also will let us use the kitchen for lunch (11AM to 1PM), provided I can find volunteers to staff it.  Proceeds go to the Club's shooting programs for juniors - to help generate future Appleseeders!  Any suggestions for the menu?
How about chili or Brunswick stew? Can be pre-made at home and simmered in the range kitchen.
And chocolate brownies for dessert.  ;D

Spanner

Quote from: EZ3 on March 16, 2010, 10:23:05 PM

The Club will cover the "additional insured" for the camping at Brady's Run Park.  So camping is a GO! 

What does this mean?  Or: what are the best current camping options?

" Decision-making is the supreme manifestation of human dignity. "  -Jouvenel

MeanStreaker

QuoteAny suggestions for the menu?

I remember the chili dogs being really, really good.

I also remember the Pennsylvanians looking at me funny when I ordered 'coney dogs'.  Guess they're too busy admiring a sub-par NFL team to learn the intricacies of top-shelf cuisine vocabulary.   **)
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it.
--Thomas Paine

Used to ride a Kawasaki Mean Streak motorcycle.  I'm not an angry, naked runner.  :)

Birdman

Rifleman have NO FEAR.....except for maybe driving a huge RV up and down a 45ยบ mountain with two hairpin turns.
Actually, we are looking at a big tent for the back of the big red truck. It will be fun either way.

EZ3

Spanner - The camping options are: A) camp at the county park adjacent to the range, or, if hills scare you  ;D
                                                  B) crash on my couch (if you don't mind dogs)
actually, you could camp on the screen porch if you prefer a more outdoorsy experience

MeanStreaker - My daughter (not the one you met) and I  are the only people around here lame enough to root for the Browns, or any other sub-par football team.  My excuse is that I was born in Cleveland, I'm not sure why my daughter does.  :))

Birdman - If the truck thing doesn't work out, you can have the other couch

MeanStreaker

Quote from: EZ3 on March 19, 2010, 06:51:44 PM

MeanStreaker - My daughter (not the one you met) and I  are the only people around here lame enough to root for the Browns, or any other sub-par football team.  My excuse is that I was born in Cleveland, I'm not sure why my daughter does.  :))

Well then my jab was in vain.  I'm a Cleveland fan through and through, although I've barely seen any sporting events the last few years.  More important things and all.
--Thomas Paine

Spanner

Quote from: EZ3 on March 19, 2010, 06:51:44 PM

The camping options are: A) camp at the county park adjacent to the range

EZ3, can you describe this option a little?  Especially (1) Camping fees (2) distance to range (3) Friday night camping? (4) primitivity?

I want to pass this info on to the Morgantown Crew (IITs and Appleseeders).  Thanks!

EZ3

In support of Appleseed at BVRPC the County Commissioners have donated the use of a shelter and a private area of Brady's Run Park for camping.   It is approximately 2 miles from the range.  Friday night set up is fine.  The area has a covered shelter, outdoor grill, outhouses, but no water on site. Water at other places in the park may not be turned on yet because the shelters are not officially open until Memorial Day.  People could fill water containers at the range if necessary.  We will have signs posted to direct people to camping.

Spanner

Apr 24-25     Beaver Falls, PA 

That's right.  Only one week away.

We won't really need to order a shoot box; I can cover it with supplies at hand. 

I will be there Friday and will set up the target and firing lines.

Looking for: a RH who wants to try (a bit of) center stage.  Any IITs that can make it.  Any instructor that wants to subject themselves to my company for a weekend.  ++)  Shooters by the dozens.  Go ahead, sign up!  You know you want to.   @)

See you there!

hatda02

Hi all. First post here. I'm not sure why I can't start a new topic, so I'm adding to a related discussion.

I'm signed up for the Beaver Falls shoot again this year along with another of my friends who was with me last year. We also have someone else coming with us who signed up, but he had some registration issues and wants to verify he is on the roster. He told me he has his receipt ID. He tried emailing the address on the Beaver Falls flier with no response. The phone number on the Beaver Falls flier is dead - it says the line is no longer in service. I also sent a PM to 'mooney' at the beginning of the week and have not received a response yet.

Can anyone direct me to who can do a roster check of who is officially signed up? I'm having no luck through the contact links that I'm aware of. I want to pass this along to my friend Matt. He is not a member of the board yet.

Dave H

EZ3

RifleWoman

I have a Matt Multunas signed up, is that your friend.  If so, he's good to go
Many hands make light work and easy bailing.

hatda02

Thank you so much for checking this! Yes, that is him. I talked to him over the weekend and let him know he's all set.

Thanks again and we'll be seeing everyone there on Saturday.

Dave

Spanner

Beaver Falls April 24-25, 2010.  Any IITs out there that are done mowing their lawns... an extra or two at this event wouldn't hurt one bit.

EZ3

WANTED -  SB looking for gainful employment on June 26-27.  Camping/lodging nearby.  Lunch available at range.  Facilities allow KD to 200yd.  13 prereg, and hopefully that will improve in tonite's update. 

EZ3

Make that 18 pre-registered.  We could match the previous high of 30!  Or more!   :~