News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Couple of new books

Started by Old Dog, October 30, 2007, 06:07:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Dog

My wife bought me a couple of new books today.  One is A People's History of the American Revolution, How Common People Shaped the Fight for Independence.  The author is Ray Raphael.  It is made of of accounts/letters written by the folks who suffered and bled for the cause but whose names are not in the history books.  While skipping through and reading a passage here and there it promises not to be the "history" we know so much as an eye opening account of how terrible one colonial was willing to treat another colonial in order to survive in those days.

The second book is titled, The Day the American Revolution Began, 19 April 1775.  The author is William M. Hallahan.  I'll read it later.

"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

—Jeff Cooper, The Art of the Rifle

TreadCarefully

I read the first book a couple of years ago. I would be interested to hear what you think.

T
Spare the tar and feathers, spoil the politician.

"Pain is temporary. Quitting is forever." - Lance Armstrong

"Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc."

Junior Birdman

I just finished the second book. VERY good read!   JB
"But a Constitution of Government once changed from Freedom, can never be restored. Liberty, once lost, is lost forever." John Adams

Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them. Fredrick Douglass

Bladerunner33

Hearing what the little guy has to say always is of interest to me,cause to "I am the little-guy"...but WORSE! if your a tyrant that is!

Grin Reaper

QuoteThe Day the American Revolution Began, 19 April 1775.  The author is William M. Hallahan. 
A big endorsement for this one from me!  Haven't read the other yet.
"There's gotta be a few umlauts laying around somewhere." JB