News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

March 13-14, 2010 -- Henderson, MN

Started by AFTERMATH, February 03, 2010, 10:56:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AFTERMATH

Hello, my Minnesotan brethren!

Our first Appleseed in 2010 is on the horizon.
Just over a month away!
I just checked the pre-reg's.......0.... ZIP..... NADA....  ZILCH....
What are we doing to sell this shoot out?
Who do we have on the ground?  We need to get off to a good start, do we not?
Let's get that good ole promo-machine going!
~~:) ~~:) ~~:) ~~:) ~~:) ~~:) ~~:) ~~:) ~~:) ~~:) ~~:) ~~:) ~~:) ~~:) ~~:) ~~:) ~~:) ~~:) ~~:) ~~:) ~~:) ~~:) ~~:) ~~:) ~~:)
Yes.  I went there.  I do believe this may be a record number of whippings....
We need it to break through the permafrost!
Remember, it's all out of love.
Love for Minnesota.  Love for Appleseed.  Love for America!
This is a great opportunity to get the engine warmed up.  Scrape off the ice.  Shake off the rust.
I'm calling for every Instructor who can make it, to do so.
Every Appleseeder who can make it, should do so also.
We certainly don't want to walk in cold to the great Patriots' Day shoots.... Do we?
We have three on the schedule!  Rochester, Elk River, and Duluth!
Most assuredly I shan't need inform you of the importance of that weekend.
The fate of Appleseed for the rest of 2010 hinges upon that weekend alone.
Should we fail to be at the top of our game; certainly it will be most difficult to attain our goals for the remainder of the year.
Should we succeed?  Well, I won't lie and say the rest of the year will be easy.  It will, however, be easier.
We have already entered the year of 2010.  Time is off essence more than ever before.
I believe this year the Appleseed program lies upon a precibus.
This year could prove a 'make or break' year for us.  We shall succeed.
But we will need all your help!
Henderson may indeed look to be a smaller shoot, of lesser need for assistance.  But I assure you this weekend is vital.  As many of you will have no other opportunity to exercise your Appleseeding skills before the weekend of April 17-18.  For many of you; this will be your first Appleseed event in several months.  
April 17-18 is an 'ALL HANDS ON DECK' weekend.  And we need all those hands to be well prepared.
In consideration of that obvious fact; I am calling for ALL HANDS ON DECK for Henderson, MN-March 13-14, 2010.
The success of both weekends are intertwined.
I respectfully request that all those who can attend; please do so!
In the meantime; there are other events coming shortly; if not in our own state, but in the states of our neighbors.
Remember, we are a National program; and you are welcome to attend any event-at any time.
It is of great benefit to both YOU and APPLESEED; if you can attend events out of your area.
I have had the opportunity to work with fellow RWVA Volunteers in multiple states whilst my limited time on the Appleseed Trail.
It has contributed greatly to both my own personal enrichment; as well as that of my skills as an Instructor.
Everywhere I have been on the Trail; I have been welcomed by the warm arms of gracious hospitality.  For that I am most thankful.
I compell you; at any opportunity in which you can go to another state, and meet other Appleseeders; please do so.
I cannot fathom that you will regret your experience.

Some near dates/locations come to mind:  

Suamico, WI - Feb. 13-14
Perfect warm-up to the warm-up.  Deep inside hot and balmy Wisconsin.  The 'Riviera of the North!'  Don't forget your sunscreen. 8)
Waterman, IL - Mar. 6-7
Also very promising.  If you appreciate the scalding sun or blistering hot rain; to break that cold-to-the-bone marrow-chill of Minnesota winters.  
Don't forget plenty of hydration. ::)  There is also the possibility of 80 people on the line!

Yes, Minnesota, 2010 will prove to be great!
Let's get it off to a great start!
:--- :--- :--- :--- :--- :--- :--- :--- :--- :--- :--- :--- :--- :--- :--- :--- :--- :--- :--- :--- :--- :---
"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship Instructors on the planet." - Son of Martha

"Tyrants rise and fall, but tyranny lasts forever." -Me

[What kind of megalomaniac quotes himself?]

AFTERMATH

Here's the link to the Event Information Page!!!!

You can register through there!
While you're at it; print off a million flyer's and initiate distribution procedures!
Don't forget, as well, the low-tech method.  Make a list of all your family, friends, and associates; and invite them.
It's a lot cheaper; and infact, thus far, more effective!
If we are all on this; we should have no problem filling the 25 slots!  Heck, perhaps, we'll have to do relays! :sos:

Note:  Instructors- be sure to get your scheduling requests in!  If you have any questions PM:  "vmt193", "Whisker", or "AFTERMATH"

~~:) &) :~ :--- ~~:) &) >:D @)
"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship Instructors on the planet." - Son of Martha

Whisker

I drove through that area two weeks ago and hung fliers in St. Peter, Le Seur and Henderson.  Someone's gotta bite. 

Let's get this program off the internet. 
What brings together men liberated from local and national limitations is also what keeps them apart. What pushes for greater rationality is also what nourishes the irrationality of hierarchical exploitation and repression.  What creates society's abstract power also creates its concrete unfreedom.

Zombie187

I cant say Im a big fan of laying on the ground in the cold if I don't have to. I do want to do another appleseed... however I was going to wait until april or even may...

dragonfly

Quote from: Zombie187 on February 04, 2010, 02:22:22 AM
I cant say Im a big fan of laying on the ground in the cold if I don't have to. I do want to do another appleseed... however I was going to wait until april or even may...
Riflemans bubble, you don't even feel the cold. 8) :cool2:

D-fly
www.facebook.com/WIAppleseed

K.I.S.S.
Lead, Follow or Get out of the way - Thomas Paine
Did you talk to someone new about APPLESEED today ?
The United States Constitution.

javaguy

Yep - we dressed warm at Hinckely last Oct and it went fine.  Wore those wool gloves/mitts where the fingers could be exposed when shooting.  Dropped a handwarmer in each and we were good.  The freezing rain was an interesting addition - a good test of the equipment in adverse conditions ^-^

AFTERMATH

Quote from: Zombie187 on February 04, 2010, 02:22:22 AM

March cold?  I should think not.
However, you are welcome at any time!
In either case, if I recall correctly; you took some high-quality photographs in Elk River.  You would be welcome to do so again!
Did you get that Mini 30 fixed?

LaughingShooter

I'm up and registered (even before your "inspirational messages" Alex  ~~:) )...see you in Henderson and Duluth!

:~

Karl

Aftermath,

I'll be in the StPaul area for the next several weeks. I'll print off some flyers for the Henderson AS and post around town.

See, us Illinois people are friendly and helpful bunch ;)      So don't listen to what our Wisconsin neighbors say about us. **)

Karl
"corruptissima re publica plurimae leges."
"Si hoc legere potes nimium eruditionis habes."

AFTERMATH

Quote from: LaughingShooter on February 05, 2010, 01:04:50 PM
I'm up and registered (even before your "inspirational messages" Alex  ~~:) )...see you in Henderson and Duluth!

:~
Come on....  Way to rain on my brigade... :'(
I'll see you there.

Quote from: Karl on February 05, 2010, 08:57:24 PM
Aftermath,

I'll be in the StPaul area for the next several weeks. I'll print off some flyers for the Henderson AS and post around town.

See, us Illinois people are friendly and helpful bunch ;)      So don't listen to what our Wisconsin neighbors say about us. **)

Karl

Thanks Karl!
I always thought that there was a lot of propaganda flowing behind the Cheddar Curtain...
Perhaps, you can make it to one of our shoots... ;)  You'd be most welcome.
Despite LaughingShooter's previous example; we're not quite as barbaric as Fred would leave you to believe.

Thanks,

Aftermath

AFTERMATH

We are approximately 8 days out!
Still, we have only 7 pre-regs.....
Don't be nervous; I'm sure the weather will be perfect for an Appleseed!
So, go ahead and sign up now!  Sign your friends up too!
Let's fill this shoot!
:~ :~ :~

Whisker

Press releases I sent out were just printed in local newspapers.  I've gotten one call so far.  I assume this will bring some more people in.

What brings together men liberated from local and national limitations is also what keeps them apart. What pushes for greater rationality is also what nourishes the irrationality of hierarchical exploitation and repression.  What creates society's abstract power also creates its concrete unfreedom.

BackToBasics

Well you got one more.  I just registered online.

This will be my first Appleseed event.

I'm looking forward to it. 

AFTERMATH

Awesome!

Welcome aboard B2B!  We shall all look forward to meeting you there!