News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Checking in for Oregon

Started by Djwick, February 02, 2010, 10:32:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Djwick

he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.
Luke 22:36 KJV

AmbulanceDriver

DJ, where in NW OR?  We're working on a shoot SE of Portland, so keep your ears perked.  Actually, might have quite a few shoots coming up in the near future.

eaglescouter

Hello Oregon, We've got your south flank covered, and you are welcome to join us anytime!
Old Guy:  Do it long enough and you get really good at it.

Rifleman:  Sacramento:  Four Ought Nine
Full Distance:  Red Bluff:  What year was that?
Pistoleer™:  Hat Creek:  Three Twenty One

Make yourselves good scouts and good rifle shots in order to protect the women and children of your country if it should ever become necessary.
--Lord Baden-Powell
Scouting for Boys (1908)

Freeholder

I just joined so I could ask this question -- is there any possibility of having a shoot in Southern Oregon?  I would love to go to one, and could probably round up a bunch of friends, too.  But Oregon is a big state, and the ones I've seen listed for Oregon in the past were too far for us to travel.  Especially me, as I have dairy goats and have to be home at night (or take the goats camping with me, which I *have* done before!).

I'm near Klamath Falls, and most of my friends who would be interested live in Klamath Falls.  There's a nice Sportsman's park with a shooting range only a few miles from me!  (Hint, hint!   ;)  )

Kathleen

Uhlan

Kathleen, Good to hear that there is Appleseed interest in S. Oregon! I'm in Brookings and a bit back there was talk of a potential DAR in the Cave Junction area? I'm planning on going to the Eureka, CA shoot in April but that would probably be a further drive for you than to got to Redding but not as far as Clackamas/Portland. Couple years back there were Appleseeds in White City/(Medford Rifle-Pistol) and in Merlin/(Josephine County Sportsmans Park).
Gabe Possenti; One hell of a shot!

featherblue

Hi Oregon! I thought I would up your post count from 17 to 18 just to keep you alive! O0

-fb
�Fear is the foundation of most governments.� -John Adams

Why there must be a test of knowledge before being allowed into the voting polls:  ... democracy, as defined by Mencken, is "...the worship of Jackals by Jackasses."

SkipNChurch

Hey folks, been a long stretch for me. Been down and almost out with kidney problems and bugs that all but killed me last winter.

Good to be back on.line and back to range doing some simple shooting and instruction.

kevinL
Umatilla
"Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual." - Thomas Jefferson

eaglescouter

Quote from: Freeholder on February 10, 2010, 02:01:04 PM
I just joined so I could ask this question -- is there any possibility of having a shoot in Southern Oregon?  I would love to go to one, and could probably round up a bunch of friends, too.  But Oregon is a big state, and the ones I've seen listed for Oregon in the past were too far for us to travel.  Especially me, as I have dairy goats and have to be home at night (or take the goats camping with me, which I *have* done before!).

I'm near Klamath Falls, and most of my friends who would be interested live in Klamath Falls.  There's a nice Sportsman's park with a shooting range only a few miles from me!  (Hint, hint!   ;)  )

Kathleen

We are just 3 hours south, glad to have you until you get shoots put together in your area.
Old Guy:  Do it long enough and you get really good at it.

Rifleman:  Sacramento:  Four Ought Nine
Full Distance:  Red Bluff:  What year was that?
Pistoleer™:  Hat Creek:  Three Twenty One

Make yourselves good scouts and good rifle shots in order to protect the women and children of your country if it should ever become necessary.
--Lord Baden-Powell
Scouting for Boys (1908)

SavageShootr

Hey SkipNChurch

Glad to see you back!!

SS
"Listen to everyone, read everything, and don't believe anything unless you can prove it."' B.C.
"It isn't like it is life or death...it is more important than that." MrPete

Glackowitz

I would be interested in a Southern Oregon Appleseed as well

Recently picked up a few guns and having fun with the kids and the .22

I am fairly close the the White City/Jackson county range

Castle Mountain

Come on Oregon. I promised the Backwoods Home Magazine people that we would put on a shoot for them near
the Gold Beach area. You have to make this happen. Common Bald Dragon, snap that whip.  ~~:) Illininois just celebrated
the   MOTHER OF ALL SHOOTS     O0 O0 O0 and it was a joy and pleasure, one not soon to be forgotton.
If Illinois can do it, with the wonderful support of Appleseed folks from across America, so can Oregon !!

Be doggedly persistant!!!  Talk with  everyone.  Our Repulic needs you all. A Gold Beach shoot
has enormous potential. Make it happen folks. Run the ball across the goal line. You can do this!
You will have the advantage of tremendous marketing support  from Backwoods Home Magazine. Don't loose this opportunity. OK?
And make sure you buy a subscription from the Backwoods Home Magazine in appreciation for the support they have given us,  
which also acknowledges another contributor; the famous author, pistol instructor and Appleseed Rifleman and blog writer Massad Ayoob.
Who by the way greatly esteems the Appleseed Project.
We must support these great Americans as they so love what we are attempting to do.

You can and should order your subscription 'right now' by going to http://www.backwoodshome.com

Realize the great opportunity that has been given to you. Make the shoot happen!!! O0

Cheers,

Castle Mountain

Quote from: eaglescouter on August 11, 2010, 12:53:10 AM
Quote from: Freeholder on February 10, 2010, 02:01:04 PM
I just joined so I could ask this question -- is there any possibility of having a shoot in Southern Oregon?  I would love to go to one, and could probably round up a bunch of friends, too.  But Oregon is a big state, and the ones I've seen listed for Oregon in the past were too far for us to travel.  Especially me, as I have dairy goats and have to be home at night (or take the goats camping with me, which I *have* done before!).

I'm near Klamath Falls, and most of my friends who would be interested live in Klamath Falls.  There's a nice Sportsman's park with a shooting range only a few miles from me!  (Hint, hint!   ;)  )

Kathleen

We are just 3 hours south, glad to have you until you get shoots put together in your area.
Aut viam inveniam aut faciam- will find a way or I will make one".
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."  one who has not qualified himself with the M-16 may not be considered to be a responsible citizen."

—Jeff Cooper, The Art of the Rifle

"Terrorism is the best political weapon, for nothing drives people harder than a fear of sudden death."
-- Adolf Hitler (1889-1945) German Nazi Dictator

"Once a government is committed to the principle of silencing the voice of opposition, it has only one way to go, and that is down the path of increasingly repressive measures, until it becomes a source of terror to all its citizens and creates a country where everyone lives in

SkipNChurch

Quote from: SavageShootr on August 11, 2010, 02:34:53 AM
Hey SkipNChurch

Glad to see you back!!

SS

Folks,

KevinL from Umatilla. Back after still more kidney fun and joy...

Still alive, NRA still thinks I can instruct, Utah gave me a pretty card after I promised heartily to follow their materials for CCW permit.

Here, recovered enough to walk behind students on range... :)

I NEED to get to Appleseed and in turn get taught.

kevinL
U-ma-til-uh
"Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual." - Thomas Jefferson

SavageShootr

Quote from: SkipNChurch on November 14, 2010, 07:18:36 PM
Quote from: SavageShootr on August 11, 2010, 02:34:53 AM
Hey SkipNChurch

Glad to see you back!!

SS

Folks,

KevinL from Umatilla. Back after still more kidney fun and joy...

Still alive, NRA still thinks I can instruct, Utah gave me a pretty card after I promised heartily to follow their materials for CCW permit.

Here, recovered enough to walk behind students on range... :)

I NEED to get to Appleseed and in turn get taught.

kevinL
U-ma-til-uh

Gosh. Take care of yourself and don't over do it. We need you, but we need you healthy.

Good to see you a g a i n.

SS
"Listen to everyone, read everything, and don't believe anything unless you can prove it."' B.C.
"It isn't like it is life or death...it is more important than that." MrPete

jerryinoregon

Kevin,
Hey  how have you been? We've been busier than HE(double toothpicks) over here. Did manage to finally get mama's sidearm though. Armscor Rock Island Armory 1911 in 9mm. Man is it a tack driver. at 10 yards 10 shot group was 1 1/2 inches and that was because of two flyers. thing kicks like a .22, she loves it she was grinning from ear to ear. Was promising her a taurus but after a year of them stonewalling(even after calling customer support) had to go with the RI.

Took the nephews up to an AS in CDA and have been tuning them up all year for thier first hunt. Managed to guide them onto thier first buck. They got a small forked horn up spring creek. It was great to see them use the things i had taught them and the tools they learned through Appleseed. hopefully we have planted the seeds deeply before they head off to college next fall.

we should get together and do some shooting. as you know my schedule is wacky but when things clear up lets go put some lead down range. I'll bring momma and katie and i'm sure she'll let you try out her pistol.

jerry
He that Hath No Sword Let Him Sell His Garment and Buy One- Luke 22:34

....from my cold dead hands....

molon labe