News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Muster Night Check-In

Started by Greg in MO, February 02, 2010, 09:09:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greg in MO

Hey guys!  Where are all the Iowa Appleseeders!

As Regional Coordinator, it's my job to help you guys in any way I can, so just let me know.

Ok, Iowa, time to step up and check in.  What are you doing for the program in 2010?

Greg

Sisu!

IAfinn checking in.  Looking forward to going to my first shoot this spring!

oldbolts

Good! we have a muster thread! oldbolts here!

oldbolts

First shoot is in Montrose IA. Apr. 17-18.

Greg in MO

oldbolts, 

Do we have that shoot covered for instructors?  It is going to be a busy weekend.  Get them signed up ASAP.

What are we doing to promote it?

Greg

oldbolts

Mark and alex are getting the paperwork hashed. They have two IITs that I know of I'm not sure whose SB. I'm hoping to help too. We manned a table in Des moines this last weekend and got a list of contacts. Working on few shoots other than that one too. I'll be handing out info at another gun show this weekend.

Greg in MO

Good work.  That's how it's done.  Where's Raven?  I haven't heard from him since the RBC at Osage...

Any idea how many shoots we are expecting this year?

Greg

oldbolts

Mark said we have about a half dozen right now. Hopefully more. Raven was supposed to show up Sun afternoon in des moines. Not sure if he made it as I had family business to attend to.

Greg in MO

More shoots is always a good thing, but it is important to sell out the one's you have.  Glad to hear you are working the gun shows.  How was the response from attendees?

G

oldbolts

For the folks that actually stopped at the table most were pretty positive. Many have heard about it from friends who attended and some have read about it and have been meaning to sign up.

Garand69

Keep up the excellent work oldbolts!!!! O0
Garand69

WSMR 03-10 ...SAPPER STEEL!!!!

"Don't tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results." - General George S. Patton Jr

"One can covet success or one can covet being Right, but if he covets both, he will achieve neither" - Stimey

Do not fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have war......Let it start here.

God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right, even though I think it is HOPELESS.
-Chester W. Nimitz

colycat

Man, you guys have a lot of work to do. The responce tonight is not good enough.  Where is Iowa Mark?  OK, Wisconilliols will adopt your state.  LOOK OUT here we come. ~~:) ~~:) ~~:) ~~:)
"These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives everything its value."   T Paine

AFTERMATH

Hmmm....

Whisker; get back down there before the Wisconilliols's can get them! ~~:) ~~:) ~~:)
"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship Instructors on the planet." - Son of Martha

"Tyrants rise and fall, but tyranny lasts forever." -Me

[What kind of megalomaniac quotes himself?]

oldbolts

I can't take the credit G69. Iowamark was manning the table at the time we got the contact info. Just happened to be closest boots on the ground.

IowaShooter

Quote from: oldbolts on February 02, 2010, 09:42:25 PM
First shoot is in Montrose IA. Apr. 17-18.

Are there any other Appleseed shoots planned for eastern Iowa?

Greg in MO

IowaShooter,

Welcome to Appleseed...  Currently there are no other IA shoots on the schedule that I can see.  If you would like shoots in eastern IA I hope you will help us find some places to shoot.  If you can find us a place to shoot, we will bring Appleseed to you.

Greg

AFTERMATH

Montrose, IA-April 17-18, 2010  ::)
"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship Instructors on the planet." - Son of Martha

Alex

There is an Appleseed in the works for up by Cedar Rapids. There will also be a few Appleseeds held near Wayland, IA this year. Just need to get those date finalised. If you know of a place for us to hold one let me or Iowa-Mark know, and we will see what can be done. They can be held anywhere from a public shooting range to someones hay field. Just as long as we can keep it safe.
Intellect is invisible to the man who has none.
Arthur Schopenhauer

Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it.
Thomas Paine

IowaShooter

Quote from: Alex on March 05, 2010, 07:21:52 PM
There is an Appleseed in the works for up by Cedar Rapids. There will also be a few Appleseeds held near Wayland, IA this year. Just need to get those date finalised. If you know of a place for us to hold one let me or Iowa-Mark know, and we will see what can be done. They can be held anywhere from a public shooting range to someones hay field. Just as long as we can keep it safe.
A Cedar Rapids event would be excellent.

Bear667

An event close to Des Moines would be fantastic.

BTW Bear667, checking in from Norwalk.

Garand69

Just a reminder to all the folks checking in.

Appleseed is 100% Volunteer... WE NEED YOUR HELP TO MAKE IT HAPPEN!!

Help by promoting existing Shoots
Help by finding new ranges
Help by finding more vounteers
etc. etc. etc.
Garand69

WSMR 03-10 ...SAPPER STEEL!!!!

"Don't tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results." - General George S. Patton Jr

"One can covet success or one can covet being Right, but if he covets both, he will achieve neither" - Stimey

Do not fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have war......Let it start here.

God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right, even though I think it is HOPELESS.
-Chester W. Nimitz

IowaShooter

Has anyone had any contact with the Ames Izaak Walton League?  Their website shows a what looks to be a very nice range.

Greg in MO

Sounds like an excellent idea.  Let us know what they say.

Greg

oldbolts

Iowa shooter, That is where we had the April 19th shoot last year.
Welcome aboard.

Greg in MO

oldbolts,

Congrats on shooting Rifleman.  Are we going to have any more shoots at Searsboro?

Sisu!

Well it looks like I'm going to the Weatherby, MO shoot,  its closest to my home.  Hoping for more shoots in central IA, though.

oldbolts

I hope we have another searsboro shoot. Its a nice range. I neglected to ask Alex last night.

Greg in MO

No worries IAfinn...  We'll take good care of you.

Greg

AFTERMATH

Alex

Don't worry about ranges in central Iowa. There are three new ranges in the works right now. I hope to have one of the on the schedule in the next week. I just have to hash out a few more things. I will be sure to get with Iowa-Mark and see if we can still get in at the Big Springs range there at Searsboro.

As always if you know of any place that we could hold an Appleseed safely, or you have any questions dont hesitate to get a hold of me.

Alex
Intellect is invisible to the man who has none.
Arthur Schopenhauer

Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it.
Thomas Paine