News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Other Ranges in GA (BIG RANGES)

Started by Appalacious, January 30, 2010, 08:02:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Col Barrett

Pretty sure modified also means that you can have a cheek riser of any kind on the rifle. I was told it would be a disqualifier for a match when I showed up for a shoot in Feb. I had a ace-bandage wrap around mine, with a mouse pad, nothing professional looking, for the record.

jollynator

jollynator

I looked at the prereg form for the Match.  It does have an option to choose the guy you want to shoot next to.  Since we are less than 3 weeks out, I suggest we get the list of shooters who will be there and form a list.

No need in us being scattered all over the line if we don't have to.

Who's in?  Add your name to the list.

1: jollynator
2: jollymeister

Appalacious

Who's in?  Add your name to the list.

1: jollynator
2: jollymeister
3: Appalacious
Condescension is a GOOD thing.

sanderman79

jollynator

I was refering to the list.  If you register to be next to Appalacious, Appalacious next to me, and so forth, we will have all of us right there amongst each other.  The line is large enough for 125 shooters at a time.  Thats a long way to be spread out.  I'd rather us not be spread out so.

Of course, it matters not.  I just think we should stick together.  The effect of us all together on the line may draw some VERY WANTED attention.

franklinfarmer

list: jolly,jolly,apple,sand,frank
It is certain, I think, that the best government is the one that governs least. But there is a much-neglected corollary: the best citizen is the one who least needs governing. The answer to big government is not private freedom, but private responsibility.

--Wendell Berry, "The Loss of the Future" in The Long-Legged House  (1969)

The problem is not Democrats.  The problem is Republicans who lack the intellectual clarity to become libertarians and libertarians who lack the physical discipline to become riflemen.  ---Kenneth Royce

ThaiFighter

since we have moved the KD shoot date, I may have to come up and represent for FL...

Please post all links and lodging info.

Many thanks!

"Reasonable people adapt themselves to the world. Unreasonable people attempt to adapt the world to themselves. All progress, therefore, depends on unreasonable people."

-GBS

Proud to be funding TG and BF's retirement account... ;)

jollymeister

Bring camping gear Im sure we will be doin it in regular fashion. Welcome Fla.
Salute

Col Barrett

Hey guys, I plan to be there. I understand some of you may want to camp, if they allow it. But I only live about 40 miles south of the club and most of that is interstate travel, so it isn't a bad trip. I don't have a house full of beds, but yall are welcome to post up in my living room(2 couches and shag carpet(jk about the shag)) that anyone is welcome to crash on. Also have the kitchen and a decent grill if yall wanna crash or gather at my place after the shoot on Sat or Sun. Just let me know.

Appalacious

I sure appreciate the invite, Barrett, but I think a large portion of the other non-AS competitors will be camping, too.  Makes me want to pitch a tent in that area to see if I can start a conversation with some possible new IITs.

J

Col Barrett

Very true. I read more about the shoot and sounds like camping is totally welcome. I will probably end up hanging out for a while in the evening after the shoot, but driving home to sleep in a bed since it isn't too far.

Deadeye

Hey guys! Change of plans for me. I will be around this weekend after all!
I was talking with Sanderman, and we were thinking of having a dinner with wives, girlfriends, screaming offspring, whatever, on Saturday night at one of the restaurants near the range. It's a chance for everyone to meet the "power behind the throne" (our wives and girlfriends).

Everybody up for that?

sanderman79

Well since it was partly my idea I am down. What does the rest of the hive mind think?

jollynator

Sorry guys, I can't make it.  Change of plans....

Damn property taxes cut into my budget something fierce...

Have fun and keep me in the loop.

regards,
the other J.

Appalacious

Sorry to hear that jollynator.  We'll pour some out for you.

I will attend Sat night if possible, however I doubt the "power" has any chance of making it.  If we were ATL peeps that might be a different story, though.

J

franklinfarmer

OK, my wife says she is willing to come and bring the kids for dinner on Saturday night.

Are you all sure you want to miss the cookout?

At present, I'm planning to get there late Friday night; maybe someone can make sure I get let in the gate.  I should be there by 9:30 or 10PM.
It is certain, I think, that the best government is the one that governs least. But there is a much-neglected corollary: the best citizen is the one who least needs governing. The answer to big government is not private freedom, but private responsibility.

The problem is not Democrats.  The problem is Republicans who lack the intellectual clarity to become libertarians and libertarians who lack the physical discipline to become riflemen.  ---Kenneth Royce

Appalacious

Last I heard the only attendees to make it to last weekends much-anticipated match was Barrett and FranklinFarmer.  I hope they did well.  I'm very sorry I couldn't attend.

And the forthcoming 40 lashes from FF is not too harsh, I hope.   :bow: ~~:)

franklinfarmer

No sweat...Bagel, and the Colonel and I did our best to represent the group...and spread around the appropriate picture of you no-shows for next year.  And hey, there was more free beer for us.

Seriously, they had a guy there who shot 483 out of 500 (50 shots) on a 3.5 MOA bulls-eye at 200 yards with an as-issue Garand.  Think about that.  Essentially, that means he got about 17 out of 50 in the 9 ring (which I think was 5.5 MOA.  And this counts two rapid fire rounds (prone and sitting) and a standing round with no sling.

I was quite happy with my best round (sitting) at 95, which means 50% in the 10 ring and the other 50% in the 9 ring.  But this guy is putting 83% in the 10 ring overall.  Amazing.

Appalacious

Thats pretty good shooting.

I'll be there next year for the free beer.

J