News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Okc March 6-7

Started by bratch, January 29, 2010, 12:43:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bratch

Guys if you haven't seen it we have a shoot march 6-7 at the okc gun club. I've got it posted all over the net on the forums I'm active on that have a large Okie population. If you can think of anywhere to get the word out let's try to make this the biggest shoot that weekend. 

henschman

This is great... we've been wanting to have a more centrally-located OK shoot for a while!  I imagine this should have a great turnout.  600 yard range available...  I'll have to try out my new scope setup on the M1A. 

Who's shoot bossing this?  Oldgrunt?

"Of liberty I would say that, in the whole plenitude of its extent, it is unobstructed action according to our will. But rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law,' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the right of an individual."
-- Thomas Jefferson to Isaac H. Tiffany, 1819

Flyboy

Is this official now?  'cuz I have a bunch of people interested.  It's not on the schedule yet (http://www.appleseedinfo.org/as_schedule2.php)

bratch

Haven't heard who the shoot boss is,  old grunt has been helping me with the logistics.

Flyboy it's official Savageshootr has it posted on the 2010 info section with a link to register. I've been meaning to call you but haven't gotten a chance.

bratch

Guys the man who runs the highpower range would like to give an orientation for us before the shoot.  He has a shoot planned for February 20 and could run us through that afternoon.  If we could get some local instructors to attend this it would be a good deal and help the club feel more comfortable.

henschman

I'll come to that.

I've been wanting to go to a high power match for a while, too.  Sounds great.
"Of liberty I would say that, in the whole plenitude of its extent, it is unobstructed action according to our will. But rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law,' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the right of an individual."

oldgrunt

Thanks Bratch,, come on out guys ...This is the range we been looking for...Start planning to show up on the date if we need to plan a outing first.. like meet up at H&H range to talk and shoot  just let me know...

And I know of 4 red hats that are in here lets flip for the shoot boss job ..We did it in Kansas lol..and it all worked out great..I got my two sided coin around here some where..

Last thing Print the flyer's and lets out to the shows ..I don't think its going to take much seems  the stories is that the lines are filling up fast ...Give me a call if you need any help... Thanks Fred for all the gear so far we  will put them all to good use...

Oldgrunt out
Follow Me..I am the Infantry..
                                         Iron Mike

THE MAN COMES AROUND..Johnny Cash

"If there must be trouble,..Let it be in my day,That my child may have peace".....

THOMAS PAINE

henschman

we could shoot AQTs for the SB slot, lol... next time you hit the range, shoot a few, snap a pic of your best, and post it here!  No cheating, though... use your stopwatch and do your transitions!  hehe.

Not like it matters really... like OG said, we'll all share the load just like we did in Pittsburg.

bratch

For any instructors planning on helping with the OKC shoot we are having a high power range orientation at 12:30 February 20th.  Let me know if you have any questions.

henschman

I'll be there -- with a trunk full of rifles, just in case they let us give the range a "test drive!" 

bratch

They are having a match before our orientation if anybody is interested since you'll be at the range anyway.

RANGE LOCATION: Three miles north of Arcadia, OK on Anderson Rd. At the corner of Anderson Rd. & Sorghum Mill Rd. turn east and enter the gate to the property.

RULES: Current NRA rules will govern. It is the competitor's responsibility to be familiar with NRA rules and this program.

ENTRIES: Open to any individual. If you are an NRA member, it is necessary to furnish your NRA membership number to enter.

Info:
 Dean Morris
 1321 SW. 116th Te.
 OKC, Ok. 73170
 (405) 850-2239
 E-mail: grey253@yahoo.com

Entry Fees: $20.00 | Junior Entry: FREE | No challenge fee | NRA fee included

CLASSIFICATION AND CATEGORY: NRA Mid Range classification system will be used. Unclassified competitors will enter Master Class. (Rule 19.6)

CATEGORIES: Categories will be Service Rifle, Match Rifle, Palma Rifle, and F-Class. Service, Match and Palma will compete for aggregate awards and individual matches; F-Class will be divided into F-Open & F/TR if sufficient entries. F-Class will compete only for category awards. In the case of insufficient entries, (See awards schedule) categories will be combined within classes and classes will be combined upward until sufficient entries are attained. Classes will not be combined with High Master. High Master class will shoot for open awards only if there are insufficient entries in that class.

MATCH SCHEDULE: Sign up will begin @ 0800.  Shooting will begin @ 0900 AM!

MATCH #1: 600yd SF, Target MR-1, prone, unlimited sighting shots, 20 for record, 30min - MR-1C for F-Class

MATCH #2: 600yd SF, Target MR-1, prone, 2 sighting shots, 20 for record, 22min - MR-1C for F-Class

MATCH #3: 600yd SF, Target MR-1, prone, 2 sighting shots, 20 for record, 22min - MR-1C for F-Class

MATCH #4: Aggregate of Matches #1-#3

Competitors will be required to perform score keeping duties and operate targets.

AWARDS:

Based on ½ entry fees received. Classes will be combined if less than three (3) entries. First and Second place and individual match winners will be awarded. Second place class awards in the aggregate if eight (8) entries. Third place class awards in the aggregate if thirteen (13) entries.

henschman

I'm going to the high power shoot!  Anybody else down?  It might make the range folks like us more if we participate in their events, and plus I've been wanting to get into competition.  This will be my first time to shoot in one of these events.

It looks like everything is shot at 600 yards in slowfire prone.  22 or 30 minutes to fire 20 rounds.  Man, that sure is slow fire.  To think we call 10 rounds in 5 minutes slowfire prone!  With over a minute per shot, you can check NPOA and tweak your position on every shot if you want. 

I think I'll enter the service rifle class with my M1A (and the M1 for a backup).

I was at H&H yesterday shooting simulated 600 yard silhouettes with the M1A.  If you use the third stage from the scaled down 50 ft. AQT at 25m, it is about what a 600 yd. target would look like. 

oldgrunt

Ok if your going to shoot I'll come load clips for you then..Still cant shoot that well so I'll just show support lol.

Oldgrunt ...out
                                         Iron Mike

"If there must be trouble,..Let it be in my day,That my child may have peace".....

THOMAS PAINE

henschman

sweet, I'll have my own marksmanship coach!  hey, if you have a spotting scope, bring it, because all I have are some binoculars.  I don't know if that will be good enough to spot a .3" hole in a target at 600 yards.

henschman

Scratch that, my GF just scored me a spotting scope!  What a good girl!  Don't you love how she supports my habit even though I spend more on it than I do on her?   ;)

Also the IITs from Stillwater, Matt and Chris, are supposed to be coming to shoot service rifle class. 

Hope to see some of you guys there! 

bratch

oldgrunt

I'll be in town early so if anyone needs help getting in  call me at 580-278 -6098 ..I wont be shooting the event that way if you need help I'm there ... Seeya soon...I hope to see a few of the guyz shoot this match ...

Oldgrunt ..out
                                         Iron Mike

THOMAS PAINE

josh2322

hey new guy here  :) how often does appleseed happen in Oklahoma is this a one time deal or is it am annual event and does it always come to OKC ?

bratch

This is the first one in OKC; there are usually some in Grandfield and Sallisaw as well through out the year.

We hope to have an OKC shoot a few times a year in the future but it is all dependant on the success of the first shoot.

You should come out and shoot with us at March shoot.  The more participants we have and the better it goes the more likely that we will be able to host shoots in the future.

oldgrunt

Looks like its a go.....We spent the day with the folks from OKC gun club and I love the range.... A few of the Instructors shot while others proofed the ranges.I for one hope that this location ask us back .This location can hold 100 if it needed.So if you want more Appleseeds in this area  come on out and help us welcome the OKC gun club.. Hope too see more like this pop up . Thanks to the guys from the Oklahoma shooters forum for setting this up.. www.okshooters.com is a great site to talk to other like you that look to join in on the fun in oklahoma and the shooting world...
                                         Iron Mike

THOMAS PAINE

henschman

It was fun, guys... OG, thanks for coming out and showing us the ropes on working the pits and all!  High Power shooting is definitely all new to me.  Maybe something I could get into, though.

The range really is nice.  Its the nicest I've ever been on, in fact.  It will be great for the shooters to be able to shoot the full Rifleman's Quarter Mile, and show everybody that if you can do it at 25m its just as easy to do the real thing!  Plus everybody can verify their come-ups out to 600.  We might even be able to shoot a full distance AQT or something.  In any case, I'm going to try to make some "D" targets out of a big roll of paper I have.  Fred says he found a really cheap source for "D" targets (for less than a buck a piece), but they probably won't be available in time for this shoot.

I have a feeling this shoot is gonna fill up fast!  I better hurry up and get all my family members signed up.  A lot of people I know have been waiting for a shoot that's a little closer to home for them.  I told the 2nd Amendment Society at OU Law about it too, so we might get some of them signing up.

See you all there!

oldgrunt

I didn't want to send out a email to all the Instructors as they always seem to check the board alot..So can you guyz contact me with what you can bring to the range..I will need cardboard for backers and the old cow wire.....We will set it up like every year towards the west end..I will be calling a few of you to check in Hope to see alot of you ...thanks Oldgrunt
                                         Iron Mike

THOMAS PAINE

henschman

Yesterday, my girlfriend and I made 11 full-size "D" targets for the full distance range.  That means we can shoot the full distance AQT with up to 22 people, running them on 2 heats.  

Has anyone ordered a shoot box for this event?  I have some targets and T-shirts from the last Kansas shoot, but not enough to run another shoot.  

What size cardboard do we need OG?

oldgrunt

we have plenty of targets thank god ..lol As Riflemen we over come any thing and this is no different....As for the cardboard I would say 4 foot talk and wide enough to put 2 Aqt's side by side..But bring what you can..those kd targets will work thanks Oklahoma's are ready to play...And we play so well...By Thursday I would like to see all the Instructors sign in here that plan to be at the shoot this weekend.I will be there Friday to run wire and set stuff in place...Saturday I will muster on the 100yard range There we will assigns tasks for the IIT's that need to test out...Dont worry you wont be hungout to dry we will work together to make red hats out of all that want one..Thanks again..

www.okshooters.com is a very important site for us in Oklahoma sign in and help the members ..We get alto of shooter looking to ask things about us so plzzz come over and be apart of this snowball thats just keep getting bigger and bigger...
                                         Iron Mike

THOMAS PAINE

oldgrunt

Numbers are climbin everyday looks like it going to be a great shoot..50 plus and more calling all the time /..Have your A game guyz I'll be there friday to set the line.Bring cardboard and lots of it not tellin it might hit 70 shooters? lol..seeya then

Think of it as a dry run for APRIL,

So start print the flyer's and lets get Grandfield sold out once more..

for the shooter plzz have your checks made out to RWVA .And have your range fees of 10.00 flat handy too .Dont add it on the check ..Thanks I should have both fed and rem bulk pak 550 if anyone runs short.....

Drive safe seems the Lazy E has something going so watch your speed ..lol Byyyeeee
                                         Iron Mike

THOMAS PAINE

colycat

Looks like you are going to have a big shoot,  biggest this year I think.

One thing though,  you guys are really going to have to use the Instructor scheduling link and sign up.  Some of us panic when there is no SB listed &) &)send your PM's to Instructor Scheduling (that's the user name) and Nickle.

Have fun!!!
"These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives everything its value."   T Paine

henschman

So you're shoot bossing us colycat?

I look forward to it!  Like you said, its gonna be a big shoot -- it will be nice to have a senior instructor running things.  See you Saturday.

oldgrunt

All the signs and the line is set....We will have a Master Instructor here with us .Should be one of the better shoots this year.The line will hold 100 shooters so if you cant pre reg dont worry we have never turned away anyone.. So keep calling us we will answer every call coming in.I will be on site at 0600 . Bring water and sun block.

Thanks Fred we got it all lined out ..Plenty of stuff to shoot ...Look forward to seeing you all ...
                                         Iron Mike

THOMAS PAINE

oldgrunt

OUTSTANDING DAY AT THE RANGE......And its just the first day...56 shooters many kids and 4 riflemen so far...Speakin of kids wow we had return shooters.  Under the age of 7  and many others that filled the line.. I cant wait to see sunday on the KD range ...

Thanks Fred COLY :cool2:KAT from Wis. was a nice change of pace.We all took a lot away from the Style of teachin he Had. Sorry Scouts ~~:) still my Favorite Instructor ..

Look for a nice AAR from this one ...

Oldgrunt ..out
                                         Iron Mike

THOMAS PAINE

The_Cleaner

I was lucky enough to attend the Saturday portion of the OKC shoot and it was great I had no idea I could take away so much from one day. Best part of the whole day was my boy receiving the coin from OG thanks guys I will definitely be going to the the next OK shoot but cant wait for Tulsa to host.