News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Okc March 6-7

Started by bratch, January 29, 2010, 12:43:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

henschman

Thanks for coming, Cleaner... I'm glad you boys got a lot out of it.  Everyone was extremely impressed with how your son handled himself on the range.  My grandpa, who was on the line next to him, commented that he was just like a little adult.  I'll tell you what, that kid can shoot!  As soon as he's big enough to shoulder a stock, watch out! 

See you at Grandfield!
"Of liberty I would say that, in the whole plenitude of its extent, it is unobstructed action according to our will. But rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law,' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the right of an individual."
-- Thomas Jefferson to Isaac H. Tiffany, 1819

Razoreye

I would like to thank the gentleman (I presume it is Colycat) that gave half his Shiner Bocks to me at the Days Inn off of I-44 in OKC.

I apologize for being rude at first, seeing you walk up with beer made me think you were trying to get more. I'm glad you insisted as that made the last 1,000 miles of travel seem easier that night.  :)

Thank you for the information on the Appleseed organization. When I get settled with a job I'll see what I can do to participate. I liked the shooting jacket. ;) I should have given you my Larue hat or Dillo as a token of gratitude.

You never had Shiner, did you like it? I prefer Guinness but Shiner has a heavy and sweet taste to it.

Sorry for the thread hijack. When a fellow shooter offers me beer out of the random, I take kindly to it.

henschman

haha, that's awesome!

you'll find Appleseeders to be some of the most generous people you'll ever meet!
"Of liberty I would say that, in the whole plenitude of its extent, it is unobstructed action according to our will. But rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law,' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the right of an individual."
-- Thomas Jefferson to Isaac H. Tiffany, 1819

oktx

I guess I can't start a new topic yet as the button doesn't show up for me so I am just going to post here.  Is there anyone going to Grandfield that is planning to camp in the area?  I really don't want to drive to a hotel an hour away but I also don't want to camp alone without someone I know nearby and no dog with me.  Normally I'd just take a dog if I was camping alone but since I wouldn't have anywhere to keep a dog during the day, I can't do that. 

oldgrunt

IT will be fine you want to camp  well will post Instructors on Friday day around 9am so dont worry you'll be fine ..I ask just dont start any fires till I find out where we can ..I used a BBQ grill with a lid to cook on and warmth..But sure dont worry it will be safe and all of us are one big family ..You wont be the only Female either some of the ladies come with their men too and they shoot too lol ... but sure call me if you need anything I"ll make sure your cool with what ever you want to do..as we get closer I'll post more .Thank you for your support and I look forward to putting a cute pink hat with your name on it I have 2 and your one of them ..I hope to get more for our ladies but for now I only have two pink hats and plenty of "orange hats" If you dont like pink... seeya soon OKTX..ANd I dont think this nickname going to stick  ..LOL I just might have to rename you once the Rifleman patch is in your hand Miss S&W ar  lady..Byeee
Follow Me..I am the Infantry..
                                         Iron Mike

THE MAN COMES AROUND..Johnny Cash

"If there must be trouble,..Let it be in my day,That my child may have peace".....

THOMAS PAINE

JuniperLimb

Quote from: oktx on March 26, 2010, 07:57:57 AM
I guess I can't start a new topic yet as the button doesn't show up for me so I am just going to post here.  Is there anyone going to Grandfield that is planning to camp in the area?  I really don't want to drive to a hotel an hour away but I also don't want to camp alone without someone I know nearby and no dog with me.  Normally I'd just take a dog if I was camping alone but since I wouldn't have anywhere to keep a dog during the day, I can't do that. 
Trying to snag a reliable rifle for hubby.  Hopefully we can make this. 

oktx

PS I am dragging Badgebunny and GR with me this time.  Yay!  :D:

dalesp

Quote from: oktx on March 26, 2010, 07:57:57 AM

I understand there is a bunkhouse in town - - several miles from the range.  I'm sure there are several others planning on staying there
"There are three reasons to own a gun: To protect yourself and your family, to hunt dangerous and delicious animals and to keep the King of England out of your face."
                          ~ Herschel Shmoikel Pinchas Yerucham Krustofski (Krusty the Clown)