News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

CA Recognition for RWVA Instructors?

Started by Fred, December 20, 2009, 01:46:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fred

It could happen, if what's reported on http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=10982.0 is true - see reply #9 to see what I mean.

A little effort now could result in BIG results later...

Who's for making the effort?
"Ready to eat dirt and sweat bore solvent?" - Ask me how to become an RWVA volunteer!

"...but he that stands it now, deserves the thanks of man and woman alike..."   Paine

"If you can read this without a silly British accent, thank a Revolutionary War veteran" - Anon.

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again" - Thomas Paine

What about it, do-nothings? You heard the man, jump on in...

BaldDragn

If there is anything happening along those lines if has escaped my attention.
"Anxiety and stress are the children of apathy and ignorance." - Jack Spirko

Saving the USS America - Good work if you can get it: Group Consensus, Sac 06/09 Instructors Meeting.

SAPPER STEEL!

Antibubba

I'm not permitted to follow that link.  Can someone sum it up?
A rifle cannot win a war; it is just a tool.  Wars are fought and won in the hearts and minds of the people.

Fred

Reply #6:

QuoteQuote from: asminuteman on December 19, 2009, 02:38:38 PM
Quote...here in Cali a big push to get instructors certified is under way...

If so, this would be a good time to contact the sponsors of the bill, and furnish them with a comparison of our instructor training to that of NRA (in a positive way, of course) and suggest WE be included as a "standard" along with the NRA.

It's quite possible "NRA certification" is so common simply because until current date there has been no competitive nation-wide certifying process or organization.

We want to be careful not to be seen as competitive to the NRA while pointing out our training is certainly AS GOOD AS NRA's, and begin to nibble away at the stranglehold NRA has on the certification process.

There's absolutely no reason, given our dedicated program of instructor training, why our instructors should be required by anyone to get NRA-certification.

Starting early in the legislative process, if it looks like this CA bill will pass, would really grease the wheels of our program.

Heck, there'd be fallout nationwide, as the gun community sees us officially recognized by the great state of CA!
"Ready to eat dirt and sweat bore solvent?" - Ask me how to become an RWVA volunteer!

"...but he that stands it now, deserves the thanks of man and woman alike..."   Paine

"If you can read this without a silly British accent, thank a Revolutionary War veteran" - Anon.

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again" - Thomas Paine

What about it, do-nothings? You heard the man, jump on in...

V

The misunderstanding is that here in CA all we are doing is getting NRA RSO certs to satisfy insurance for ranges. No interest on my part in getting into a pissing contest with the NRA over who's instructors are better. SOM SOM

Have no idea what "bill" Fred is talking about.

Quote from: Fred on December 21, 2009, 10:22:48 PM

Reply #6:

QuoteQuote from: asminuteman on December 19, 2009, 02:38:38 PM
Quote...here in Cali a big push to get instructors certified is under way...

If so, this would be a good time to contact the sponsors of the bill, and furnish them with a comparison of our instructor training to that of NRA (in a positive way, of course) and suggest WE be included as a "standard" along with the NRA.

It's quite possible "NRA certification" is so common simply because until current date there has been no competitive nation-wide certifying process or organization.

We want to be careful not to be seen as competitive to the NRA while pointing out our training is certainly AS GOOD AS NRA's, and begin to nibble away at the stranglehold NRA has on the certification process.

There's absolutely no reason, given our dedicated program of instructor training, why our instructors should be required by anyone to get NRA-certification.

Starting early in the legislative process, if it looks like this CA bill will pass, would really grease the wheels of our program.

Heck, there'd be fallout nationwide, as the gun community sees us officially recognized by the great state of CA!

asminuteman

read reply #7 (next post after fred)

I thought I had cleared this up.
Quote was taken out of context, between my "chosen" words and the nets finite way of communication, we kinda sailed right passed each other, with the "meaning" of the sentence in that particular post.

sorry for the confusion ken
"He who dares not offend cannot be honest." ~ Thomas Paine

"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."~ Thomas Paine

I know of no way to judge the future, then by the past. -Thomas Paine