News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Full Distance Day

Started by ItsanSKS, December 10, 2009, 11:32:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PHenry

Para ser Libre, un Hombre debe tener tres cosas. La Tierra, una Educacion, y un Fusil. Siempre, un Fusil!  Emiliano Zapata

RickB

ThaiFighter

Quote from: PHenry on February 24, 2010, 04:12:34 PM
sissies  **)

LOL!

Guilty as well...

but for the right reasons...

it's the cardinal rule of infants and those taken to drink that you can't fall off the ground even though I have witnessed some valiant attempts by the latter group to do just that.

IN an attempt to recoup some of my Mancard credits...

Did I hear someone say we'd be needing a bench?

I does them's pretty good!

My radial arm saw and I stand ready in the cause of liberty.

Sir Willorith, your kind offer is gladly accepted.  I look forward to driving many posts on behalf of appleseed.
"Reasonable people adapt themselves to the world. Unreasonable people attempt to adapt the world to themselves. All progress, therefore, depends on unreasonable people."

-GBS

Proud to be funding TG and BF's retirement account... ;)

PHenry

Attention:
I have just heardt a dirty little rumor from the grapevine - a big whig of a higher "pay grade" may afford us his presence at the first ever FL KD shoot, and I'm not just talkin' about ItsanSKS niether.  ;)
Para ser Libre, un Hombre debe tener tres cosas. La Tierra, una Educacion, y un Fusil. Siempre, un Fusil!  Emiliano Zapata

ItsanSKS

A PM has been sent to everyone who has even hinted that they would be interested in attending.  Please be sure to respond, so I have a good idea of how many folks will be coming.  Yes, it makes a difference.

Thank You,

ItsanSKS
"Those who would trade an ounce of liberty for an ounce of safety deserve neither."

"To save us both time in the future... how about you give me the combo to your safe and I'll give you the pin number to my bank account..."

echodog

Is that a DeWalt case trimmer?

ThaiFighter

yep!  I use it to resize 20 mike mike down to 30-06!  O0
"Reasonable people adapt themselves to the world. Unreasonable people attempt to adapt the world to themselves. All progress, therefore, depends on unreasonable people."

-GBS

douglas34474

With two sheet of 4x8 plywood, 4 2x4s would space out at 2' OC and would support two shooters with ease. Place the plywood the long way down the bed and the 2x4s across the bed. Than you cut two blocks to fit inside the bed to keep them from shifting and you are good to go.

By the way, Clinnon and I will be there. ;) I used to shoot 200 yards out in Redlands, Calf. Would be good to let the old M1 reach out at 600.

panhead

But, the price they paid to win us our liberty? Few of us can comprehend it. Even fewer of us would want - or even be willing - to pay it. But all of us should know - at least - about it.

Never forget. Just to remember, is to honor.  -Fred

ItsanSKS

Well, the Inaugural Instructors KD Clinic is now written in the history books.  It was an outstanding learning experience, one that I feel EVERY instructor should go through, as even the most experienced Instructors found themselves 'drinking from the fire hose".

The camaraderie forged over the last 3 days will carry us forward, and the lessons learned will ensure that we all can do our part to assist AS attendees become better Riflemen. 

An After-Action Report for this event is forthcoming, along with pictures. 

Yet again, Florida is blazing a trail for the other states to follow! 
"Those who would trade an ounce of liberty for an ounce of safety deserve neither."

"To save us both time in the future... how about you give me the combo to your safe and I'll give you the pin number to my bank account..."

PHenry

I would concur with ItsanSKS - it were excellent and we all learned a lot about FD shooting (even had a little fun - just don't let it get around).

As to every instructor, well, while we needed this, I know that there are plenty of instructors in the program who have shot out to 600 yards and also shot many a FD AQT. We needed it and we did it. For any instructor who has not shot to FD - yes, by all means this POI is just the ticket.

Shooting at 25M is great for learning the basic skills, but it does not replace shooting a D target at 500 yards in a 10MPH breeze.  O0

PH

ThaiFighter

Agreed!

This was an outstanding experience that is sure to put some extra intensity on our instruction lines.

Yep, we've been there.  It really does work at 500 and beyond!

It was challenging, competitive and intense.  There were lots of "aha!" moments and I think everyone came away knowing a bit more about themselves and a lot more about their equipment.

I was sore and tired this morning after so much work over the weekend, but my focus was intense.

I hope we can do it again soon!  :---

-GBS

Appalacious

yall ever do an AAR on this?
Might should put it here:
http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?board=21.0
J
Condescension is a GOOD thing.

VAshooter

Why don't you just invite Wade to come down for a long distance shoot? He can park his 18 wheeler on the firing line and you can use the flatbed as a shooting platform. This was done at Davilla, TX many times.

VAshooter

ItsanSKS

This is an outstanding idea, VA!  Now, how to schedule around Wades' schedule...

PM on it's way to you, Wade!

PHenry

App,
No AAR as this was not a "sanctioned" event in any way. We paid for it out of pocket and used our own targets. This was a "beta" test of an idea that began with ItsanSKS. He wanted to have an instructor get together and we did that. We also improved our collective KD abilities.

So - no AAR, but if you PM me with your reg Email addy - I would be happy to send you the hand outs and the POI I used.

PH