News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Del Norte Gun Club and the future of NM Appleseed

Started by Devnull, November 23, 2009, 04:33:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Devnull

I met with several members of the Board of the Del Norte Gun Club on Saturday to do a range evaluation. They are a good group of people who are VERY community oriented.

We discussed the possibility of having more shoots there after the December 5th-6th AS. As of right now we have a verbal agreement for an April 19th (17th-18th) shoot and they would like us to have 4 a year there!

They have also offered to let us use their tables at gun shows so long as we also promote them. Now folks I think this is a great opportunity for us. If all goes as planned we may have an Albuquerque metro area DAR!

Now I post this not only to have us all rejoice and thank DNGC for their generosity (Because I am sure you are all as excited and thankful as I am) but also to hopefully stir us all to start looking for ranges. We will now have at least 4 shoots in 2010 at Del Norte, but where do we go next? That still leaves us 8 months to plan at a minimum. Not to mention that we will hopefully be turning more of our IITs into shoot bosses in the near future. So we actually have MORE than 8 events to plan.
"What the heck. I haven't volunteered for something in oh say 6 hours."

Fred

Quote...where do we go next?

I love it when people ask questions that are easy to answer! **)

I'll let someone else actually post the answer, and grab the glory.

Double O0 O0 on the new location, BTW.
"Ready to eat dirt and sweat bore solvent?" - Ask me how to become an RWVA volunteer!

"...but he that stands it now, deserves the thanks of man and woman alike..."   Paine

"If you can read this without a silly British accent, thank a Revolutionary War veteran" - Anon.

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again" - Thomas Paine

What about it, do-nothings? You heard the man, jump on in...

SamD

Abq gots how many ranges?
Founders is sluggish, too parochial
City range is OK adn we have a relationship with them.
Who do we have at Bighorn?

Sam

freefyrefly

Well, I agree that we should have more AS at the city range, if we cant get ahold of anyone else. They were very nice and they might give us a go-ahead for one AS/month, at least until we find a more suitable option. Where is this bighorn you speak of Sam?

SamD

Out around Edgewood
I haven't shot ther in 20 years but it's there.
Maybe NMMI9100 knows it