News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Smell of burned powder

Started by Mark Davis, November 22, 2009, 02:43:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark Davis

Hunting season is about over, its time to do some shooting!

I have joined the ranks of the unempolyed, but not out of ammo.

Anybody in the area want to shoot? You can shoot next to me, or I can give you a mini.

See  ya at the range, or PM me.

Mark Davis

Took the young man next door out shooting today. We only had two hours before dark.

He said his stubby AR w/acog needed sighted in, no sling.

Talked IMC on the way to the range, posted squares with grid and got him sighted in off sandbags.

Prone, he shot redcoat with one miss @300. He centered the head shot!

Told him about 4-19 on the way home.

I got to fire a few also.

Wheeler44

Way to go Cloddy.........My absolute best to the entire MT. cohort.......I hope that adequate employment finds you as soon as you want it to.

W44
"Appleseed,  putting the second amendment into the hands of American citizens."     -Mrs. Wheeler

"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship instructors on the planet."   -Son of Martha

MontanaCZ

Congratulations on getting another person on the road.  If I were closer I would take you up on it.  I am home very little lately, going on 7 weeks now..  :)

-CZ
"The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering." The Doctor

Mark Davis

Took the young man next door to the range again today, His brother came along to. First one had his slingless AR the brother had SKS. Let them shoot redcoats. The first one  hit three at 100 and 3 at 200 the new one did not get three of any. I strongly reccomended they shoot my 10-22s we went through a sheet of squares with just a little bit 4-19 then shot green zombie in prone. Much improvement. They said let's do it again when dad has the day off. Our conflicting schedules only allowed us about two hours of range time.
Any body out there want to go shoot with me I'm likley to go back to work second week of Feb, PM or call soon let's do some shooting.

Mark Davis

Another one person mini today, This guy new to AS, has shot for many years. After red coat, and 3 sheets of squares, I gave him the AQTs. 183 then 175. Got throught the second strike.  When I dropped him off at home he was saying that stuff works.....when I remeber to use it.

Another D.O.M.

Nice job clodhopper!  Saving a nation, one consciousness at a time.  You're the man!

I'd love to come shoot with you, but I can't find directions from upstate NY to Bozoland MT.  In any case, it's about 34 hrs driving time straight through - you'll be back to work before I arrive!  Unfortunate - I'd love to see your state some time.  Maybe, one day...
"Dark & difficult times lie ahead.  Soon we must all face the choice between what is right, and what is easy."  Dumbledore

Mark Davis

Going to meet, a new appleseeder at the range tomorrow.
He has shot for many years, but never any instruction.

glocker21

OUTSTANDING WORK Clodhopper!!! I am very please ,neh, proud of how you are taking the time for the mini's you are doing up there. This new person you speak of, how can I get ahold of him?
"Americans, both politicians and voters, may have become corrupted by big government beyond redemption.

A virtuous government requires a virtuous people.

A frugal government requires a selfâˆ'reliant people.

A free country requires people who value liberty more than
money."
Charley Reese

Mark Davis

Another afternoon with young man next door. We shot redcoats then worked on sitting then standing with two green zombies. Then it was the star targets for Natural point of aim drills.
My 22-250 who spits 75 A-max needed attention, so we worked over some clay birds at 429 yards to finish the day. That was sling, with no pod, and big glass on top.
Three broken birds for 21 rounds.
Going back to work this monday, the smell of burned powder will be a distant memory. sniff sniff whine.

glocker21

Very Awesome Clodhopper!!! You are my go to guy for Appleseed promotions and one on one education for the Gallatin Valley me friend...GREAT WORK!!!
"Americans, both politicians and voters, may have become corrupted by big government beyond redemption.

A virtuous government requires a virtuous people.

A frugal government requires a selfâˆ'reliant people.

A free country requires people who value liberty more than
money."
Charley Reese