News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Mini-Appleseed Nov 22nd at Henderson Sportsman's Club

Started by Whisker, November 11, 2009, 08:37:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Whisker

I am 90% sure we will be holding a mini-appleseed on Nov 22nd at Henderson Sportsman's Club in Henderson, MN

We will be starting at 11am and going until sundown.  We have to start late since we can't shoot until noon.  (city ordinance + churches)

Cost will be $30 which will make you a member at the club for a year.  (Have to do this for liability)

If you have extra .22s please bring them!

Anyone interested/know anyone interested?

Directions:
From 169, take the MN 19 exit.
Turn right on MN 19/ 280th St. W.
Go through the town of Henderson on Main/MN19
Turn right just outside of town onto Fort Rd
At top of hill turn right.  Club is underneath the water tower.

What brings together men liberated from local and national limitations is also what keeps them apart. What pushes for greater rationality is also what nourishes the irrationality of hierarchical exploitation and repression.  What creates society's abstract power also creates its concrete unfreedom.

javaguy

I am booked, but let me know what you need for 10/22's I might be able to round up a couple for the event.

Whisker

Quote from: javaguy on November 11, 2009, 11:24:48 PM
I am booked, but let me know what you need for 10/22's I might be able to round up a couple for the event.

Sorry you can't make it.  Short notice, I know.

The 22s may very likely come in handy! I'll let you know, thanks.
What brings together men liberated from local and national limitations is also what keeps them apart. What pushes for greater rationality is also what nourishes the irrationality of hierarchical exploitation and repression.  What creates society's abstract power also creates its concrete unfreedom.

tc95gt

Some interest being generated on mnguntalk.com. How many shooters can fit on the line?

Is the wall the place to sign up?

Whisker

Yikes...
Quote from: tc95gt on November 13, 2009, 09:22:06 PM
Some interest being generated on mnguntalk.com. How many shooters can fit on the line?

Is the wall the place to sign up?

Not too many... 15 or so.  I'll have to get on there and say something.  I wonder how it leaked? 

By the way, if anyone can lone LTRs, that'd be great!

Alex is coming up from Iowa to give a hand.

AFTERMATH

I've got the 2 .22's.
Can't make the shoot, but I'll probably be down that way sometime tomorrow or the next day.
"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship Instructors on the planet." - Son of Martha

"Tyrants rise and fall, but tyranny lasts forever." -Me

[What kind of megalomaniac quotes himself?]

javaguy

I've also have a couple 10.22's here - call or pm me and we'll figure out a way to get them to Henderson.

Whisker

It was a success.  We had 8 shooters, seven of whom used loaner rifles.  Thanks Aftermath and Javaguy. 

Alex came up from Iowa to help out.  By the end of the day 4moa groups were appearing.

Henderson Sportsman's Club is very friendly to us now.  I expect we will have a couple/few appleseeds there next summer.  Possibly more minis this winter.

The only issue with the club is that it is within city limits, so no shooting before noon.  There may be a way around this by petitioning to city council.  If not, we can always start late and go late.

I think this was the upper midwest's first mini.. 

There is quite a bit of interest out there for our work.