News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Map of WI 2010 gun shows

Started by Trisha, October 18, 2009, 12:41:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dragonfly

Quote from: Blue Five on December 20, 2010, 11:10:11 PM
Quote from: vmt193 on December 10, 2010, 03:22:07 PM
I have 3 or 4 people right now that have offered to do some table time at the La Crosse gun show Jan. 7-8-9. I've left a message with Bob Pucci to see if we can get a table but so far he hasn't called me back. If anyone happens to run into him at a show, please put a bug in his ear for me.

mike

I hope he gets back to you soon...I'm looking forward to manning that table for part of the time ;)

Do we have a table reserved for the LaCrosse gun show?

dragonfly
www.facebook.com/WIAppleseed

K.I.S.S.
Lead, Follow or Get out of the way - Thomas Paine
Did you talk to someone new about APPLESEED today ?
The United States Constitution.

Blue Five

Quote from: dragonfly on January 01, 2011, 03:55:23 PM
Quote from: Blue Five on December 20, 2010, 11:10:11 PM
Quote from: vmt193 on December 10, 2010, 03:22:07 PM
I have 3 or 4 people right now that have offered to do some table time at the La Crosse gun show Jan. 7-8-9. I've left a message with Bob Pucci to see if we can get a table but so far he hasn't called me back. If anyone happens to run into him at a show, please put a bug in his ear for me.

mike

I hope he gets back to you soon...I'm looking forward to manning that table for part of the time ;)

Do we have a table reserved for the LaCrosse gun show?

dragonfly

I dropped vmt a PM a day or two ago...Pucci has yet to get back to him about the gun show.

B5
"Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here!" ~Captain John Parker, April 19, 1775.

Molōn labe! :--- 

Old Glory!

No tables available at LaCrosse Jan 7-8.   I just listened to the Bob and Rocco message center.

However, there is a gun show at Tomah TP Supper Club on January 7 and 8, and we have a table.   

Now who would be available to man it?

"My primary objective is to change hearts and minds, for that is where the gaping hole in the hull of the USS America lies. I am looking to make a spark and praying that it will ignite, by their own will, into a bonfire in their hearts and souls."  PHenry

"Folks, this Appleseed thing doesn't work if we get a patch and go home. It doesn't work if we shoot a Rifleman score and remember the good times we had out on the range. It only works if we take that 7th Step and spread the 'seed. HUZZAH!!!"  Slim 

April 18-19, 2009  "The seeds of rifle marksmanship were sown in good ground.  In the end, then, every attendee walked away as an instructor for their friends, family, coworkers.  May you tend your patch in Liberty's garden well and through a long life."  Francis Marion

Old Glory!

We have a table at the Tomah Gun Show located at the TeePee Supper Club
Fri 3-8
Sat 8-5

Here is the location
http://www.teepeesupperclub.com/

Organized by G & B Gun Show Promotions
608 474-0334
608 474-0335

We need someone to set up before 3:00 p.m. on Friday.  Can you help???
Sounds like Cooper can help on Saturday.

If we cannot get someone to set up before 3 Friday, I'll have to call and cancel the table as we don't want Appleseed to get a bad reputation amongst the gun show organizers for not showing up after having reserved a table.   &)

So if you can set up Fri before 3:00 we really need your help on this one.  @)

(I've got to work Friday/babysit Fri evening, and my daughter is moving Sat. and I need to help her.   So I am not much help at the show this weekend but can supply you with all the stuff.) 
"My primary objective is to change hearts and minds, for that is where the gaping hole in the hull of the USS America lies. I am looking to make a spark and praying that it will ignite, by their own will, into a bonfire in their hearts and souls."  PHenry

"Folks, this Appleseed thing doesn't work if we get a patch and go home. It doesn't work if we shoot a Rifleman score and remember the good times we had out on the range. It only works if we take that 7th Step and spread the 'seed. HUZZAH!!!"  Slim 

April 18-19, 2009  "The seeds of rifle marksmanship were sown in good ground.  In the end, then, every attendee walked away as an instructor for their friends, family, coworkers.  May you tend your patch in Liberty's garden well and through a long life."  Francis Marion

mpthole

I have a table for Midwest Marksman at the La Crosse show this weekend.  I'll get some fliers from Dennis and do as much promotion as I can.  Hope to see you in March at the rifle club. :)

vmt193

Tomah is covered for this weekend. Kevin is going to set up on Friday and I'll buzz down there right after work and help till close. I'll be back on Saturday along with Cooper and probably Kevin again also.

Anyone else need something to do on Saturday?

vmt

Cooper

Quote from: vmt193 on January 05, 2011, 09:13:08 PM
Tomah is covered for this weekend. Kevin is going to set up on Friday and I'll buzz down there right after work and help till close. I'll be back on Saturday along with Cooper and probably Kevin again also.

Anyone else need something to do on Saturday?

vmt

Minnesota, we rock!!  The annexation of western WI is almost complete...  Now on to NE Iowa!!!!   ..:.. ..:.. ..:..
Does anyone know if I can bring Jackie the RWVA Rifledog to the show on a tight leash?

Coop
"This Appleseed thing doesn't look like it would be for everyone, but it really is." Zac, age 7  كافر
"He who dares not offend cannot be honest." ~ Thomas Paine    "Cooper, you're an a**hole!" - recent Shoot Boss's compliment
"I don't know where "brave" leaves off and "foolish" picks up, but you've certainly got your share of courage." - FuzzyMath
"For the Rifle!, the Rifle!, in our hands will prove no trifle!" ~from the lyrics of "The Bennington Riflemen"
Understand the urgency of our mission; no amount of bailing can raise a sunken ship.
I don't want to be forced back into the darkness.

"Shut up and color." - slim

Old Glory!

[/quote]

Minnesota, we rock!!  The annexation of western WI is almost complete...  Now on to NE Iowa!!!!   ..:.. ..:.. ..:..
Does anyone know if I can bring Jackie the RWVA Rifledog to the show on a tight leash?

Coop
[/quote]

Very Crafty   >:D  The border raiding continues.  Aftermath put you up to this?

Not sure about Jackie, but I hope they let her in.  Tell them she's our MASCOT! 

Seriously !!THANKS!! for covering this.   

Blue Five

Quote from: Old Glory! on January 02, 2011, 11:51:30 PM
No tables available at LaCrosse Jan 7-8.   I just listened to the Bob and Rocco message center.

However, there is a gun show at Tomah TP Supper Club on January 7 and 8, and we have a table.   

Now who would be available to man it?

OG: Professor Gun, mpthole, and I will be working the La Crosse Gun show.  mpthole has been kind enough to allow us to use a part of his Midwest Marksman table to promote Appleseed. 

B5
"Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here!" ~Captain John Parker, April 19, 1775.

Cooper

Quote from: Old Glory! on January 05, 2011, 09:51:29 PM

Minnesota, we rock!!  The annexation of western WI is almost complete...  Now on to NE Iowa!!!!   ..:.. ..:.. ..:..

Coop

Very Crafty   >:D  The border raiding continues.  Aftermath put you up to this?

Not sure about Jackie, but I hope they let her in.  Tell them she's our MASCOT!  

Seriously !!THANKS!! for covering this.  

AFTERMATH is too busy looking for gainful employment, so I've been drafted to be the evil genius of MN for a brief spell...  and he doesn't realize that La Crescent, MN is actually part of WI.

Now were the heck is the Tomah TP Supper Club?
I only rarely go to Tomah, since I drive to Ft McCoy through Sparta.

Jackie the Rifledog will be wearing her RWVA hoodie, and I might strap her miniature 1911 on her hind end (open carry for WI, of course).

And what the heck are the planned hours for the WI Instructors meeting at boat-hand-building central on Sunday?

Janelle
"This Appleseed thing doesn't look like it would be for everyone, but it really is." Zac, age 7  كافر
"He who dares not offend cannot be honest." ~ Thomas Paine    "Cooper, you're an a**hole!" - recent Shoot Boss's compliment
"I don't know where "brave" leaves off and "foolish" picks up, but you've certainly got your share of courage." - FuzzyMath
"For the Rifle!, the Rifle!, in our hands will prove no trifle!" ~from the lyrics of "The Bennington Riflemen"
Understand the urgency of our mission; no amount of bailing can raise a sunken ship.

Blue Five

Quote from: Cooper on January 05, 2011, 11:20:23 PM

Jackie the Rifledog will be wearing her RWVA hoodie, and I might strap her miniature 1911 on her hind end (open carry for WI, of course).

We must have pictures of this, Cooper  :P

That's great.  O0

B5

bedford

Anyone have info on the Fon du lac gunshow Jan. 22/23rd? I can't find who sponsers it to see if we can get a table. I have everything to set up the table, but I cannot physically set everything up..I would need help.

Thanks!

Trisha

Quote from: bedford on January 06, 2011, 11:42:39 AM
Anyone have info on the Fon du lac gunshow Jan. 22/23rd? I can't find who sponsers it to see if we can get a table. I have everything to set up the table, but I cannot physically set everything up..I would need help.

Thanks!

Bedford, I found this about it:

QuoteGun Show Jan 22-23
FDL Cty Fairgrounds Expo Center, Hwy 45-S
Sat 8-5pm, Sun 9-3pm
$4
920-842-2083
Buy, sell or trade old and modern guns and accessories at the largest gun show in Wisconsin, with 400-6 foot tables. Food available.

I hope that helps!

Also I have posted a thread on the 2011 gun shows, so please all take a look at that for future events
http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=19758.0

Blue Five

Here's an update from the Bob and Rocco Gun Show here in La Crosse tonight...

At the Midwest Marksman table (that mpthole was kind enough to allow us to share with him) we had three or four people and a young man interested in the shoot here in March. 

We left the Appleseed materials that vmt provided us with mpthole at his table for tomorrow, and Professor Gun and I will be back on Sunday to help mpthole with his table and to promote the Appleseed cause.

I'd say it was a successful night for it being so slow and empty  O0

B5

Cooper

IDAR [internal during action report] from the Tomah Gunshow, such as it was:

More AS'ers than attendees it sometimes seemed: vmt193, kmk, KiloGulf and his daughter, and I rolled in after dusk.

Relatively low and older turnout than expected, but handed out materials to at least 6-7 people, one of whom was clearly interesting in attending a shoot.  Most significantly, a SFC Riviera from Ft McCoy came by and informed us that there is a new civilian-accessible shooting range on base that was built this fall under the MWR group.  It has plenty of space, pistol ranges to 50yds, rifle ranges to 200yds and the silly "let's throw things in the air and try to bust 'em" facilities commonly seen in regions of the country where people have more money than sense.  He appears to be assigned to one of the firearm training units on base, but I tried not to be too nosey on a first date.

Who knows what tomorrow will bring?  I do know that I can't bring Rifledog, since the exhibit hall has a cooking and beverage area. Thus, there will be no young, trim, attractively clothed, energetic female to draw them to the Appleseed table, but vmt193 and I will do the best we can...