News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Map of 2011 Wi gun shows

Started by Trisha, January 06, 2011, 01:55:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trisha

Here is the link to a WI gun show map. I have only put Bob and Rocco gun shows on there and it is pretty much just through June, so keep looking for more dates to be added! If you haven't heard already, gun shows are a great way to promote Appleseed!

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&hl=en&msa=0&msid=205314051653139190670.00049926b65fb182c8f0a&z=7&mid=1294293610

incendio

the  map has no locations marked on it for me.
But i know there are a lot of shows coming up in the next couple weeks

Blue Five

Quote from: Trisha on January 06, 2011, 01:55:34 AM
Here is the link to a WI gun show map. I have only put Bob and Rocco gun shows on there and it is pretty much just through June, so keep looking for more dates to be added! If you haven't heard already, gun shows are a great way to promote Appleseed!

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&hl=en&msa=0&msid=205314051653139190670.00049926b65fb182c8f0a&z=7&mid=1294293610

Trisha,

I'll volunteer for the Onalaska Omni Center Gun Show in March.  Is it possible to somehow set up a table, or is that for us to work on here in La Crosse/Onalaska?

B5
"Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here!" ~Captain John Parker, April 19, 1775.

Molōn labe! :--- 

Taylor

I signed up for a table at the Gordon gunshow August 26 and 27.
Honoring the memory of Adonijah Taylor (1730-1810) my Grandfather seven generations back, Deerfield MA Militiaman and Patriot, who answered the alarm on April 19, 1775 and along with his six sons served in the War of the Revolution.

"What good fortune for governments that the people do not think." - Adolf Hitler

"All political power comes from the barrel of a gun. The communist party must command all the guns, that way, no guns can ever be used to command the party." - Mao Tse Tung

"Those bold enough to believe that they can change the world, are usually those which do."
-Albert Einstein

"Let Freedom never perish in your hands."
-Joseph Addison

Trisha

Incendio, I pretty much just put up the Bob and Rocco Gunshows, so I know it isn't all of them, but if there is one you plan on going to please post it on here so we all know and maybe others can join. Or at least post where and when the gun shows take place around you.

B5, I think it would be best if you over in LaCrosse took care of setting it up just so there won't be any miscommunications about the set up. It happened once, and I still feel bad about it.

Taylor, thanks for getting a table! If anyone can help him out, either PM Taylor or post here.

Blue Five

Alright.  Is there a specific phone number to call Bob to get a free AS table that he promised us all?  I know OG mentioned a hotline for tables...though not sure what that number is.

B5
"Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here!" ~Captain John Parker, April 19, 1775.

Trisha

B5 I found this number on their flyer, you could try it 1-608-752-6677. If it doesn't work I would recommend either sending a PM to Dragonfly or Old Glory!

Blue Five

Quote from: Trisha on January 28, 2011, 07:42:44 PM
B5 I found this number on their flyer, you could try it 1-608-752-6677. If it doesn't work I would recommend either sending a PM to Dragonfly or Old Glory!

Thanks Trisha, I'll get the ball rolling on that early this next week.

B5

dragonfly

Hello Everyone, we do have a gun show coming up this weekend. Oshkosh Sunnyview Expo: Feb. 18,19 and 20.
Thanks,
D-fly
www.facebook.com/WIAppleseed

K.I.S.S.
Lead, Follow or Get out of the way - Thomas Paine
Did you talk to someone new about APPLESEED today ?
The United States Constitution.

Taylor

There's a gunshow up in Solon Springs Friday 2/18 and Saturday 2/19. It snuck up on us so we didn't get a table but we will be dropping off some brochures (old ones with photocopied inserts) at the entrance Friday and Saturday. Could use a supply of new brochures if anyone has some to spare. Thanks.
Honoring the memory of Adonijah Taylor (1730-1810) my Grandfather seven generations back, Deerfield MA Militiaman and Patriot, who answered the alarm on April 19, 1775 and along with his six sons served in the War of the Revolution.

"What good fortune for governments that the people do not think." - Adolf Hitler

"All political power comes from the barrel of a gun. The communist party must command all the guns, that way, no guns can ever be used to command the party." - Mao Tse Tung

"Those bold enough to believe that they can change the world, are usually those which do."
-Albert Einstein

"Let Freedom never perish in your hands."
-Joseph Addison

Blue Five

Update:  there will be a gun show at the Onalaska Omni Center September 9, 10 and 11.  I am going to see if I can get a table there to work possibly Friday afternoon and part of Sunday.  I won't be able to work it on Saturday due to other obligations that day.

Kosciusko

I'd like to be there, but I already promised I'd be at the  Marshall Appleseed.

FWIW,  we had to pay for the last Onalaska table we had.  I think you get reimbursed if you clear it w/ the state coordinator first.

Blue Five

Quote from: Kosciusko on July 06, 2011, 12:22:26 PM
I'd like to be there, but I already promised I'd be at the  Marshall Appleseed.

FWIW,  we had to pay for the last Onalaska table we had.  I think you get reimbursed if you clear it w/ the state coordinator first.

Dang...there's always January for you!  :)

I'll try to find some assistants to help run it between WI and MN...if I can't get more, than we may only be running the table on Friday/Sunday.

dragonfly

Here is the link to Bob and Rocco's: http://www.bobandrocco.com/events.html If you see an event you can attend please let me know, so we can  get a table.

We need help staffing these shows, and for Appleseed to succeed we need to have a good presence.

Thanks,
D-fly    Keeping the Faith

K.I.S.S.

Kosciusko

Quote from: dragonfly on September 09, 2011, 12:49:42 PM
Here is the link to Bob and Rocco's: http://www.bobandrocco.com/events.html If you see an event you can attend please let me know, so we can  get a table.

We need help staffing these shows, and for Appleseed to succeed we need to have a good presence.

Thanks,
D-fly    Keeping the Faith

Assuming I'm not otherwise committed, I'm good for the La Crosse shows.

kmk

I'm going to keep asking Bob about a free or 1/ price table for RWVA.  The only other thing I can think of is to put some new USGI  slings out on the table at $12-15 and sell them to cover the cost.

dragonfly

Gun show coming up in Waukesha, can we  get some volunteers to man it?
Thanks,
D-fly

September 16, 17 & 18
Waukesha Expo Forum Gun Show      flyer
Friday 3-8   Saturday 9-5   Sunday 9-3   
Vendor Fee $45/8' Table
1000 Northview Rd, Waukesha, WI 53188

K.I.S.S.

Kosciusko

Hi,

Today, I talked w/   Bob Pucci, of bobandrocco.com

for those of you who don't know, Rocco is the black lab that trails Bob, squeaker toy at the ready.   Bob would be the  one w/o the fur coat.

Bob  put me right next to the Marines support group, so I'm hoping he's accepted us as a non-profit worthy of his support, indulgence, and a free table.    Of course, I could be wrong.  He may show up Sunday with outstretched palm.  I plan on not bringing it up unless he does. 

This may open up the possibility of free/reduced tables at all his shows.  I say, _may_, it hasn't happened yet.

I have been making friends w/ the retired Marines next door, and they like very much what AS is doing.  They would like to find a way to do something in conjunction w/ AS.  I invited them to attend an AS and watch us.  D-Fly, I will fwd their contact info.

This show looks like it's going to be a good one.    In the 5 hours it was open, I met a 'seeder w/ an RO card, several other AS attendees who plan on coming back to a shoot, multiple members of the public who have heard good things about us, and new people who seem very interested. 

AS is becoming known out there.  It's not as hard a fight to sell the program as it was a year ago.  The mood is different, more receptive.  Even people who don't plan on attending a shoot are thanking me (really, AS, I just happen to be standing there underneath a hat that says RWVA) for what AS is doing.

Anyway, we shall see what tomorrow brings.

kmk

Blue Five

Hopefully our (mostly yours, Kevin  :) ) efforts help the program and the upcoming La Crosse shoot.

You sure do good selling the program to those folks passing by!

Quote from: Kosciusko on September 10, 2011, 12:18:04 AM
Hi,

for those of you who don't know, Rocco is the black lab that trails Bob, squeaker toy at the ready.   Bob would be the  one w/o the fur coat.

Bob  put me right next to the Marines support group, so I'm hoping he's accepted us as a non-profit worthy of his support, indulgence, and a free table.    Of course, I could be wrong.  He may show up Sunday with outstretched palm.  I plan on not bringing it up unless he does. 

This may open up the possibility of free/reduced tables at all his shows.  I say, _may_, it hasn't happened yet.

I have been making friends w/ the retired Marines next door, and they like very much what AS is doing.  They would like to find a way to do something in conjunction w/ AS.  I invited them to attend an AS and watch us.  D-Fly, I will fwd their contact info.

This show looks like it's going to be a good one.    In the 5 hours it was open, I met a 'seeder w/ an RO card, several other AS attendees who plan on coming back to a shoot, multiple members of the public who have heard good things about us, and new people who seem very interested. 

AS is becoming known out there.  It's not as hard a fight to sell the program as it was a year ago.  The mood is different, more receptive.  Even people who don't plan on attending a shoot are thanking me (really, AS, I just happen to be standing there underneath a hat that says RWVA) for what AS is doing.

kmk

professor gun

Quote from: Kosciusko on September 10, 2011, 12:18:04 AM
Hi,

kmk

Again we are trying to get as many of the young USMC poolees as possible to the La Crosse Appleseed Oct 8 and 9.  I have donations of rifles and ammo from our club for use by the poolees.  If the retired Marines would like to help out we can always use more donations of 5.56 ammo or funds to buy more for the young poolees to shoot at the Appleseed.  I have been buying the 5.56mm ammo, Silver Bear (using funds donated by club members for this purpose), from Military Shooters, Inc who has a table at this show.  Please pass this on to them. We can always use more ammo for these future Marines.
Also, due to our efforts locally we have one of the U. S. Marine recruiters from our area who has committed to attend our La Crosse Appleseed.  He is a young staff sergeant who will be bringing his M40 and an M4.  I am working on two more of the local recruiters-I have offered use of my M1A along with a free supply of ammo if they want to shoot at our Appleseed.  Marine Sergeants drool at the prospect of shooting an M1A with free ammo. :)
Honoring my ancestor, Seth Hall, of the Massachusetts Militia for his sacrifices during our American Revolution that helped to provide freedom for all Americans.

Kosciusko

[/quote]

Again we are trying to get as many of the young USMC poolees as possible to the La Crosse Appleseed Oct 8 and 9.  I have donations of rifles and ammo from our club for use by the poolees.  If the retired Marines would like to help out we can always use more donations of 5.56 ammo or funds to buy more for the young poolees to shoot at the Appleseed.  I have been buying the 5.56mm ammo, Silver Bear (using funds donated by club members for this purpose), from Military Shooters, Inc who has a table at this show.  Please pass this on to them. We can always use more ammo for these future Marines.
Also, due to our efforts locally we have one of the U. S. Marine recruiters from our area who has committed to attend our La Crosse Appleseed.  He is a young staff sergeant who will be bringing his M40 and an M4.  I am working on two more of the local recruiters-I have offered use of my M1A along with a free supply of ammo if they want to shoot at our Appleseed.  Marine Sergeants drool at the prospect of shooting an M1A with free ammo. :)
[/quote]

The retired Marines perked up when I described this effort to them,  and may be able to help us out.  I will fwd you their contact info as well.

dragonfly

Good job everyone  O0 .

Thanks,
D-fly

K.I.S.S.

professor gun

Honoring my ancestor, Seth Hall, of the Massachusetts Militia for his sacrifices during our American Revolution that helped to provide freedom for all Americans.

Kosciusko

after-action report:  the show attendance was lighter than usual, possibly due to a combination of nice weather and 2 other events held at the civic center this weekend.  The parking lot filled up w/ other peoples'  cars and made it appear as if the venue was jammed. 

Bob did not ask for money.    He didn't say anything,  but I think he now accepts us.   In future, I would suggest  RWVA members should contact him by phone for each show on his calendar, as far in  advance as possible.    Some shows fill up w/ paying customers, but he seems to always have room for the Marine Corps Support League  non-profit.  I would  ask to be placed next door to them, they are good people.  They have 27 chapters in Wisconsin alone.   PMs follow w/  their contact info.

many trifolds and greencoats were handed out, the reception was enthusiastic. 

We  might actually see shooters on the line in both Rochester and La Crosse as a result of this one.   

As long as we get free/discounted access to gun shows, I think we should keep on trying to have an  RWVA presence.  I talked to people who've seen our tables multiple times, and are finally making an effort to attend a shoot.

Kosciusko - kmk

dragonfly

A good chance to promote Bristol Oct. 29-30

October 7, 8 & 9
Union Grove Gun Show @ Racine County Fairgrounds      flyer
Friday 3-8   Saturday 9-5   Sunday 9-3
Vendor Fee $40/8' Table
19805 Durard Ave, Union Grove, WI 53182

K.I.S.S.