News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Map of WI 2010 gun shows

Started by Trisha, October 18, 2009, 12:41:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trisha

Here is a link to the Wisconsin gun shows for 2010. Lets get to these gun shows to promote Appleseed!

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?hl=en&ie=UTF8&msa=0&z=7&msid=106718054948992925084.0004762cb98dddda92d66

Trisha

fepowered

Are the Bob and Rocco shows the ones where we can get a free table????  I would like to get some people to the Green Bay show in January.  I should be able to be there both days, but it would be nice to get some help so that I can wander off and find a treasure or 2... <:)
"Today, we need a nation of Riflemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are
willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."

Trisha

colycat says that we get a free table at the Bon and Rocco shows.

Alright, you heard him people! Who will step up and help our State Coordinator...?

colycat

March 5, 6 & 7 - Waukesha Expo Forum   
Friday 3-8   Saturday 9-5   Sunday 9-3
1000 Northview Road, Waukesha WI 53188

We need someone to get us a table for this show.  I think the only reason we had a good turn out at Racine last year was being at this show.  As of now there are no pre regs for March.

Appleseeders in the South East part of the state,  post your intentions to help here.
"These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives everything its value."   T Paine

JoeZ

This show is always xtra full. Let's do this. I can go Sat pm and Sun pm.
JoeZ
"What is she, that cometh forth as the morning rising, fair as the Moon, elect as the sun, terrible as the army of a camp set in array?" Canticle of Canticles 6:9

colycat

I emailed Bob F about a table for this show.  I will follow up if I do not hear back.  Anyone else willing to help work this show?  Thanks JoeZ for stepping up, I know you have a really good reason to beg out O0
"These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives everything its value."   T Paine

colycat

Waukesha is full, no tables. This doesn't get us off the hook for promotions.  A lot of the vendors are supportive of AS and will display flyers.  D-Fly and myself are going on Saturday.  Anyone care to go on Fri afternoon and talk to some folks?

Reckless Rick

there's a gun show in union grove may 14-16th,I'm planning on going sunday from about 11am to 4pm...let me know if i can sit at a table pass-out flyer's or what ever..also where can i get the fold out business cards with the square on it that explains the steps to shooting and a small blurb about the program
Look,Listen and support...not always the easiest

dragonfly

Quote from: reckless on May 09, 2010, 11:30:57 AM
there's a gun show in union grove may 14-16th,I'm planning on going sunday from about 11am to 4pm...let me know if i can sit at a table pass-out flyer's or what ever..also where can i get the fold out business cards with the square on it that explains the steps to shooting and a small blurb about the program

Hello reckless, the Appleseed cards with 1" square's is available at the Appleseed store here on the forum.

If you go to the gun show take some flyer's to pass out.

D-fly
www.facebook.com/WIAppleseed

K.I.S.S.
Lead, Follow or Get out of the way - Thomas Paine
Did you talk to someone new about APPLESEED today ?
The United States Constitution.

Reckless Rick

10-4 will print some up and pass them out....to the fibs and cheese heads
Look,Listen and support...not always the easiest

vmt193

There's a Bob-n-Rocco show in Onalaska Sept. 9-10-11, 2010. Is there anybody that's not going to be gone 'seeding' that weekend? There are usually plenty of open tables. If nothing else, someone needs to just drop some stuff onto one of the tables at the entrance. If nobody here will be going, I'll try to find someone that plans to attend.

Cooper

vmt,

Is it really 9/9-11 (Thurs-Sat) or perhaps 9/10-12 (Fri-Sun)?
I can't do the 300 shoot in IL, and hope to get my MN carry on 9/11, but I am close enough to Onalaska to distribute brochures for Appleseed.

Coop
"This Appleseed thing doesn't look like it would be for everyone, but it really is." Zac, age 7  كافر
"He who dares not offend cannot be honest." ~ Thomas Paine    "Cooper, you're an a**hole!" - recent Shoot Boss's compliment
"I don't know where "brave" leaves off and "foolish" picks up, but you've certainly got your share of courage." - FuzzyMath
"For the Rifle!, the Rifle!, in our hands will prove no trifle!" ~from the lyrics of "The Bennington Riflemen"
Understand the urgency of our mission; no amount of bailing can raise a sunken ship.
I don't want to be forced back into the darkness.

"Shut up and color." - slim

russellmn

Quote from: AFTERMATH on August 30, 2010, 01:28:59 AM
Quote from: russellmn on August 26, 2010, 08:57:37 AM
Do ya'll have anyone in Northwest WI???   Mission Covenant Church has a "Hunter's Expo" every year   
  http://missioncovenantchurch.org/?110390  where they average something like 2500 people through the doors in a matter of 5 or 6 hours...  could be some VERY good exposure.  I'm working a shoot that weekend so can't make it.  My brother (three) will be there with a booth set up for his body shop, he's currently (I believe) planning to also have AS material there, but if we could get a few Orange/Red hats there to promote it would be good.  Booth/Table space is free from what I understand.

Shh....  Russell, why are you letting them in on our 'top-secret' plan? &)
Why, in this one raid we could acquire all of NW WI in one swift swoop!
They won't even know what hit them.  Think about it; West of Rte. 63, North of I 94 -- Ours!
That's prime hunting grounds to feed our nomadic hoards!
With IL in occupation of the south; and our annexation of the NW; all they'll pretty much have left is Green Bay!
And we even took Farve outta there!  O'ha!
It's all working; just as we planned it!

Step 1.)  Get them to boost our instructor corps. 
Step 2.)  Pretend to trade them Mogget; as a distraction.
Step 3.)  Create WI Riflemen who sympathize with our cause(See MN Rifleman listing)
Step 4.)  Assimilate their instructors. (e.g. Martin, Crash, etc....)
Step 5.)  Squeeze of the NW territory of WI-In progress...
Step 6.)  Follow through with occupation and assimilation.

Muhahahaha!! Muahahahaha!!! MUHAHAHAHAHAAA!!!!

All we have to do is keep them naive to our scheme.
So whatever you do; don't cross-post this on the WI gun show thread...

Aftermath the Conqueror[/size]
Pugna pro Patria

www.nationalmatch.us

dragonfly

Hey Russell, make sure you get plenty of tri-folds to three :bow: . If you need some I think OG will have some for you this weekend O0 .

see you on the trail,

D-fly

K.I.S.S.

dragonfly

Quote from: russellmn on August 31, 2010, 03:03:30 AM
Quote from: AFTERMATH on August 30, 2010, 01:28:59 AM
Quote from: russellmn on August 26, 2010, 08:57:37 AM
Do ya'll have anyone in Northwest WI???   Mission Covenant Church has a "Hunter's Expo" every year   
  http://missioncovenantchurch.org/?110390  where they average something like 2500 people through the doors in a matter of 5 or 6 hours...  could be some VERY good exposure.  I'm working a shoot that weekend so can't make it.  My brother (three) will be there with a booth set up for his body shop, he's currently (I believe) planning to also have AS material there, but if we could get a few Orange/Red hats there to promote it would be good.  Booth/Table space is free from what I understand.

Shh....  Russell, why are you letting them in on our 'top-secret' plan? &)
Why, in this one raid we could acquire all of NW WI in one swift swoop!
They won't even know what hit them.  Think about it; West of Rte. 63, North of I 94 -- Ours!
That's prime hunting grounds to feed our nomadic hoards!
With IL in occupation of the south; and our annexation of the NW; all they'll pretty much have left is Green Bay!
And we even took Farve outta there!  O'ha!
It's all working; just as we planned it!

Step 1.)  Get them to boost our instructor corps. 
Step 2.)  Pretend to trade them Mogget; as a distraction.
Step 3.)  Create WI Riflemen who sympathize with our cause(See MN Rifleman listing)
Step 4.)  Assimilate their instructors. (e.g. Martin, Crash, etc....)
Step 5.)  Squeeze of the NW territory of WI-In progress...
Step 6.)  Follow through with occupation and assimilation.

Muhahahaha!! Muahahahaha!!! MUHAHAHAHAHAAA!!!!

All we have to do is keep them naive to our scheme.
So whatever you do; don't cross-post this on the WI gun show thread...

Aftermath the Conqueror[/size]

Betrayed by one of your own  >:D  Thats gotta hurt AFTERMATH  :'(

D-fly  The BARBARIAN  :P

K.I.S.S.

AFTERMATH

:-[

:-\

:(

:'(

NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! !@#) !@#) !@#) !@#) !@#) !@#) !@#) !@#) !@#)

Why?  Why, Russell, my friend have you devulged my evil plan that I've been devising for the last 3 years?
Now I must return to the drawing board and start all over again.... :'(

If you're trying to get on Coly's good side; by doing this.  I don't think it's gonna happen...
What are the chances he's gonna let you skip that PC 4 and take the IPC anyway?   #)
I'm sure this must be your plan.  As I can muster no other reason as to why you would betray your fellow Minnesotans... :-\

I suppose, we must now allow them to take that table next to Three at the MISSION COVENANT CHURCH'S HUNTER EXPO,  with all 2500 spectatorsright before their big multi-shoot weekend, just minutes from Gordon; so that they may promote thier own state.  So much for our Eastern expansion.  We must now fortify the boarder :~ and look to the West ~~:).

:-\

aftermath the betrayed

P.S.  The knife which you sheathed in my back is now mine, Russell.  I'm keeping it.  It's a rather nice one. 
"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship Instructors on the planet." - Son of Martha

"Tyrants rise and fall, but tyranny lasts forever." -Me

[What kind of megalomaniac quotes himself?]

russellmn

Yeah, you know I'll do just about anything for that red hat!   ;D  Besides, just because they know about the Hunter's Expo, doesn't mean they'll actually get around to sending anyone up that way to staff it.  I mean, no one really lives up in Poplar anyway, right???   ++)
Pugna pro Patria

www.nationalmatch.us

Trisha

Here are the final Gun Shows in WI this year? D-fly and everyone else, have we got these covered? Do we have a table for any of these yet? Lets keep 7th stepping!!

Dec. 3-4-5, WI, 2010, Oshkosh Sunnyview Expo, 500 E. Cty. Rd. Y, Oshkosh, WI 54901, Fri. 3pm-8pm Sat. 9am-5pm Sun. 9am-3pm,  Bob and Rocco, 1111 W. Delavan Dr., Janesville, WI  53546, (608) 752-6677

Dec. 10-11-12, WI, 2010, Milwaukee Cty. Sports Complex, 6000 W Ryan Rd., Franklin, WI 53132, Fri. 3pm-8pm Sat. 9am-5pm Sun. 9am-3pm, Bob and Rocco, 1111 W. Delavan Dr., Janesville, WI  53546, (608) 752-6677

Dec. 17-18, WI, 2010, Gun Show at Glacier Rock Motel conference center Baraboo wis located in west baraboo wi on hwy 12, Show setup time Friday 11 am to 2 pm show Hours 3 pm to 8 pm.   Saturday setup 6am to 7:30 show hours 8 am to 4 pm for more info call 608-474-0335

Dec. 17-18-19, WI, 2010, Waukesha Expo Forum, 1000 Northview Road, Waukesha WI 53188, Fri. 3pm-8pm Sat. 9am-5pm Sun. 9am-3pm, Bob and Rocco, 1111 W. Delavan Dr., Janesville, WI  53546, (608) 752-6677

Dec. 31-Jan. 1, WI, 2010, Green Bay @ Brown County Shopko Hall, 1901 S. Oneida Street, Green Bay WI 54304, Fri. 3pm-8pm Sat. 9am-5pm, Bob and Rocco, 1111 W. Delavan Dr., Janesville, WI  53546, (608) 752-6677

dragonfly

Great question Trisha, how about it folks anyone want to go to a gun show. Even for just part of a day.  If we get enough interest we can see about getting a table. The table's have to be manned all weekend.

D-fly 

K.I.S.S.

colycat

Trish,

Should this be a working site for people to volunteer to help at a booth in addition to getting one set up.

Lately its been very easy to get tables at gun shows.  Just mention you are Appleseed and if there is any tables not sold, we get to use one.

I also think it would be fun to have non instructors help at these shoots. 

Trisha

Coly, this should definitely be a working site. I would like to hear from people who are able to attend a gun show to help with promotion!! C'mon people where are ya? Appleseed will not succeed with only a few people doing all the work, we need EVERYONE to help out!

dragonfly

I'm going to look into that one coming up on Dec. 17 and 18 in Baraboo.

D-fly

K.I.S.S.

Trisha

If you are able to go to the Baraboo one, I should be able to come on one of those days and I betting a few others should be able to help out as well...

Old Glory!

I can help out one of the days at Baraboo.  How do we get a table? 
"My primary objective is to change hearts and minds, for that is where the gaping hole in the hull of the USS America lies. I am looking to make a spark and praying that it will ignite, by their own will, into a bonfire in their hearts and souls."  PHenry

"Folks, this Appleseed thing doesn't work if we get a patch and go home. It doesn't work if we shoot a Rifleman score and remember the good times we had out on the range. It only works if we take that 7th Step and spread the 'seed. HUZZAH!!!"  Slim 

April 18-19, 2009  "The seeds of rifle marksmanship were sown in good ground.  In the end, then, every attendee walked away as an instructor for their friends, family, coworkers.  May you tend your patch in Liberty's garden well and through a long life."  Francis Marion

colycat

OK, Baraboo is a go.  Now yoos SE Guys and Gals, how about this shoot,

Dec. 17-18-19, WI, 2010, Waukesha Expo Forum, 1000 Northview Road, Waukesha WI 53188, Fri. 3pm-8pm Sat. 9am-5pm Sun. 9am-3pm, Bob and Rocco, 1111 W. Delavan Dr., Janesville, WI  53546, (608) 752-6677

Bob and his dog Rocco has always given us a table if available.  Just call the number listed above and ask.  These shows are fun if you can work out shifts.  Worse case is all we have is an empty table for a few hrs.  At least our banner and info is still out there.

Trisha

These are the people who is planning on helping at a gunshow at one point or another.

Baraboo:
D-fly
OG
Trisha
Colycat?
Ahhshoot?

Waukesha:
Friday-
Mogget
Endpoint

Saturday-
Muskyjerk

Anyone who can help out at either one of these locations, or can help out at another one let myself or dragonfly know, so we know that a day or a whole gun show will be covered. Thanks!

vmt193

I have 3 or 4 people right now that have offered to do some table time at the La Crosse gun show Jan. 7-8-9. I've left a message with Bob Pucci to see if we can get a table but so far he hasn't called me back. If anyone happens to run into him at a show, please put a bug in his ear for me.

mike

Trisha

This sounds great! Thank you so much not only for letting us know, but for getting people to work at Appleseed table.

fepowered

There will be Appleseed fliers at the Nicolet Rifle Club table at the Bob and Rocco Green Bay gun show December 31st-January 1st.
"Today, we need a nation of Riflemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are
willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."

Blue Five

Quote from: vmt193 on December 10, 2010, 03:22:07 PM
I have 3 or 4 people right now that have offered to do some table time at the La Crosse gun show Jan. 7-8-9. I've left a message with Bob Pucci to see if we can get a table but so far he hasn't called me back. If anyone happens to run into him at a show, please put a bug in his ear for me.

mike

I hope he gets back to you soon...I'm looking forward to manning that table for part of the time ;)
"Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here!" ~Captain John Parker, April 19, 1775.

Molōn labe! :---