News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Hinckley, Oct. 31st - Nov 1st

Started by vmt193, October 06, 2009, 05:25:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vmt193

OK folks, we've got just a few weeks to go. Aftermath is spreading fliers far and wide and I've posted on a few other gun forums. Now we need everyone to do a little personal PR and get the word out so we can fill the line for this one. Past shooters have proven that word of mouth is the best way to spread the Appleseed word. It's a great warm-up for the deer season, and if the DNR knew what it can do for the hunter success rate they'd probably make it illegal.

I've posted threads on AR15.com, & The Firing Line. There is also one on MNGunTalk. Keep us posted on what you're up to.

IITs, don't forget to get your names on the instructor schedule. O0

vmt193

AFTERMATH

Alright Minnesota!
Muster up!

That means:

Instructors- Get on the list! 
                [Don't worry about being on 'the List,' you're already on at least one anyway.  Might as well make sure you're on a good one]

Shooters-  Get registered!  So far I only see one pre-registration!  So, get registered and download the attatched flyer.  Get out there and start
               promoting this.  We want Minnesota to have a strong record of selling-out venues!  So, start talking to friends and family about all the
               bennefits of this program...  There's a reason you're involved in this is there not?  I'm sure it's because this is an amazing program.
               Don't you feel you should share this expirience with everyone you know?

Everyone-
  Tell us what you're doing to help promote this event.  I don't see a better place to post that than here on this thread.

We need all hands on deck! 
If we don't fill this event;  Illinois(ucks) may attempt an invasion.  We don't want that!  And what about North Dakota?  I've heard rumours of their shooting abilities...  And thier insatiable appetite for Appleseeds...  I'm sure the mild climate of Minnesota is looking quite attractive this time of year!  And then there's Canadia!!!! 

Fall in MinneSeeders!   Defensive manuevers! :~ :~ :~ :~ :~ :~
"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship Instructors on the planet." - Son of Martha

"Tyrants rise and fall, but tyranny lasts forever." -Me

[What kind of megalomaniac quotes himself?]

AFTERMATH

Potential promotional venues/events:

Gunshow:  Oct. 17-18 Mankato National Guard Training Center crocodile1@comcast.net

More to follow....

By the way; Mike posted on ar15.com; I replied....  It appears to spark less interest than the 'where to find a good sandwich' thread...
                 Now unless I'm missing something about the significance fo a sandwich; that's pretty sad...
                 I'm not sure: Mike are we allowed to post more? Or is that against Arfcom policy?(ie. advertising)
                 In any case; I know some of you are signed up for arfcom; and could probably rustle up some more interest in the thread.
"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship Instructors on the planet." - Son of Martha

vmt193

I'd say go ahead and post away.

I've never quite figured out the science of what makes a popular post. Even ARFCOMers are aware that a lot of posters on AR15 can already shoot double taps that fall inside 3/4" while moving and firing from the hip. And the ones that can't yet will be able to as soon as they grow up and mom let's 'em buy a rifle. ;D

There are some fine Appleseeders that have come from AR15 but the 3-gun shoots where they can run-n-gun are much more popular. We just need to keep pulling them in a few at a time and eventually the word will spread. Putting some zombie targets into the COF might be the secret.

vmt

AFTERMATH

QuotePutting some zombie targets into the COF might be the secret.

Well this is a Halloween shoot...  Perhaps, we could whip up something.     $$-0
Would, that in any way be mispercieved as shooting at people?

AFTERMATH

Great!
Are you coming?
I've got an extra orange hat for you. ;)

AFTERMATH

Promo opportunities:

Pine City:  'Tea Party' - American Legion - Sun. 18-Oct. @ 12:00

Robbinsdale:   'Girls with guns gala'- Bills Gun Shop- Sat. 17-Oct. @ 10:00
                   Chris Baker-from ktlk will be there(I don't know about the station though)

Mankato:  Gun show- Nat'l Guard Training Center-  17-18 Oct.

Last I checked we only had 5 signed up....  We can do better than that!
How are we to be the "Land of 10,000 Appleseeds" if we can't fill these shoots up?

By the way; I'll be in Osage Beach, for the RBC all next week(Perhaps a little longer if I can't scrounge up enough FRN's for the trip back.)
So, if you need something; call me:  763-742-5391

tc95gt

Quote from: AFTERMATH on October 09, 2009, 08:36:57 PM
Great!
Are you coming?
I've got an extra orange hat for you. ;)
I'm still trying to see if I can at least get there for Sunday. As far as the orange hat goes.......I'm thinking about it. Just need to make sure I can dedicate the time required.

vmt193

OK, it looks like the weather man is backing off his prediction for rain & snow this weekend!  :) If you aren't signed up yet, you don't have much time. See you all there.  O0

vmt