News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Introducing Marpat Whittemore

Started by eaglescouter, September 01, 2009, 01:35:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eaglescouter

The following presentation was made at the Fresno Rifleman Bootcamp:

From time to time one comes before us with a name, but not his true name.  As all good Hobbits know, the naming of names is a serious matter requiring long deliberation and consultation with the wise elders.

This week, one of those unnamed ones has walked amongst us, ever present, yet unnamed.

Pipi, would you bring your husband forward please?

Nick, who oddly lacks a proper nick (also known as a forum name), you have caused us to ponder deeply as we considered your strengths as an Appleseeder.

We briefly considered naming you "Marpat Nohat" due to your lack of a proper Appleseed staff uniform.

Then as your wife accepted her name as "Pipi", it only seemed right to consider "Mr. Longstockings" or "Mr. Pipi".

But these failed to touch and properly describe your strengths, so the naming of names became difficult as we pondered and debated.

We recognized your ability to acquire items which their prior owners had failed to recognize the value of.  And how you became the holder of the property of others.  And we remembered; deep within the vaulted isles of history; a modest man of simple means, who acquired marvelous items, and when asked would only modestly reply- "the prior owner no longer had need of it".

Marpat Nohat Longstalkings, after consultation with the multiple Red and Green Hats of the Fresno RBC, you are hereafter to be known as Marpat Whittemore.

Old Guy:  Do it long enough and you get really good at it.

Rifleman:  Sacramento:  Four Ought Nine
Full Distance:  Red Bluff:  What year was that?
Pistoleerâ„¢:  Hat Creek:  Three Twenty One

Make yourselves good scouts and good rifle shots in order to protect the women and children of your country if it should ever become necessary.
--Lord Baden-Powell
Scouting for Boys (1908)

Dinky Dao

Hear, hear Marpat Whittemore! Huzzah!

LOL!

Eaglescouter, thanks for the great fireside presentation. I was proud to be one of those present for the brotherly circle of fire christening.

And again...HUZZAH!

Dinky
No trees were killed in the sending of this message. However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

"These blast points...too accurate for sandpeople. Only imperial stormtroopers are so precise."

"Wind...is a dirty mistress."

"Matter can neither be created or destroyed. Cosmoline proves it." - Dinky Dao

The ][rishman at Eureka RBC 07-10, " In the famous words of Bill Cosby...Got to bed, you're getting silly."

Dinky's Facebook page: 100% Applesseders. Keep up on the latest Applessed news from all over the country!
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1326377533#!

BaldDragn

More good thing happening!

Marpat and Pipi it was a pleasure to meet you and I wished I could have stayed at the range where I belong, but California's least liked utility wants the pleasure of my company.

Congratulations to both of you on jobs well done and all your hard work. I look forward to seeing you on the trail.
"Anxiety and stress are the children of apathy and ignorance." - Jack Spirko

Saving the USS America - Good work if you can get it: Group Consensus, Sac 06/09 Instructors Meeting.

SAPPER STEEL!

Marpat Whittemore

Eaglescouter thank you for my name.  We are glad to both be orange hats and working the trail. It was wonderful to meet others that gave me hope for the future.
More Cowbell

eaglescouter

Quote from: Marpat Whittemore on September 08, 2009, 10:44:21 PM
Eaglescouter thank you for my name.  We are glad to both be orange hats and working the trail. It was wonderful to meet others that gave me hope for the future.

I look forward to future opportunities to share a line with your and the rest of the Marpat clan.
Old Guy:  Do it long enough and you get really good at it.

Rifleman:  Sacramento:  Four Ought Nine
Full Distance:  Red Bluff:  What year was that?
Pistoleerâ„¢:  Hat Creek:  Three Twenty One

Make yourselves good scouts and good rifle shots in order to protect the women and children of your country if it should ever become necessary.
--Lord Baden-Powell
Scouting for Boys (1908)