News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

North Bridge video walkthrough with author J.L. Bell

Started by Oz, May 13, 2018, 09:55:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oz

A very enjoyable 1/2 hour video walk and talk at and around North Bridge, with J.L. Bell, author of "The Road to Concord: How Four Stolen Cannon Ignited the Revolutionary War" (which is well worth reading).  I've only been to Battle Road once, and enjoyed seeing the terrain again, and this could be particularly interesting for folks thinking through their Second Strike; I know the lay of the land was not what I had envisioned and seeing and better understanding it changed parts of the story for me. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vTPKD4NPPnA

Mr. Bell also has a fantastic blog with tremendously detailed information on the beginning of the American Revolution.  You can subscribe to the blog and receive a daily e-mail with each post.  They're always interesting. 

http://boston1775.blogspot.com/
"You don't know they're all Riflemen.  They might just be people with rifles." - Zazzles, 9/22/12

"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot,
Nothing is going to get better. It's not."
― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

"There are no accidents in my philosophy. Every effect must have its cause. The past is the cause of the present, and the present will be the cause of the future." - Abraham Lincoln

"My biggest decision this week?  Well...long story short, I went with the mild sauce."

Texas T

"In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot."  Mark Twain

First Appleseed, September 26-27, 2015;   First Rifleman, September 27, 2015;   First Redcoat, September 27, 2015;   Second Rifleman, September 27, 2015

Thanks Corvette, great instruction!!!

MI IBC, February 2017