News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Coupeville, WA Mar 2017 AAR

Started by maxwell, March 23, 2017, 12:55:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

maxwell

We have a sold-out shoot this weekend at the Central Whidbey Sportsmen's Association, and we're looking forward to a great event!

Kimber Custom

Well it was cold and wet. 17 Patriots came out to CWSA for a little HHM. We weren't able to forge any new rifleman this time but we did manage to hammer out a new Orange Hat  ^:)^ Thanks Will for stepping up.

Our shooters certainly persevered with great attitudes and marked improvement. The foundations are there; I saw a lot of form that just wasn't reflected in the AQT scores. Some dry practice, properly fit equipment and maybe a few degrees warmed will certainly result in an onslaught of patches.

Here's a few pictures I took: https://goo.gl/photos/Mz8RPj3FScndzpyNA

I look forward to seeing you on the trail again soon. We will be back in Coupeville in Nov. If that's too long, please consider Custer, Port Townsend or Eatonville as alternatives.

watzizzname

Thank you the everyone who made this event happen. I am proud to (finally) put on the hat and start giving back. A special thank you to Flipper for spending so much time working with Betty. She had a blast and is already asking when the next event is  O0

Flipper

Well it was a long wet weekend, but everyone hung in there and persevered through the cold!! Well done. Big Huzzah to Will for stepping up in to an orange hat!!! Super excited that our instructor core is growing in Northern Washington. Looking forward to new ranges and more events.
More photos to come.

Flipper

maxwell

Concur that this shoot was marked by great attitudes and persistence, in the face of some pretty snotty weather. The family groups were a pleasure to work with. Michael turned in some solid scores with stock Ruger 10/22 sights, and I think he'll be there with some practice of the less comfortable positions. FB IV was on the verge of 210 with a couple AQTs, and I think he'll have it next time. Chris, dry practice that respiratory pause and get it synced up with a consistent trigger squeeze, and I expect you'll easily shoot Rifleman at your second event.

Those of you hasty sling aficionados should consider the loop sling in prone. Loop sling users, keep that sling high up on your arm and snug it down; slippery or loose coats can make that difficult.

Earl

That was a very impressive group of shooters.   :1luvu  They came and learned and have stories to tell about the weekend and our heritage, guess that we will all be better for it. Weather was middling impressive, but having been on that line before with worse, I was happy enough to put another layer on and wait for Spring. ;D I have some pictures to share, and my thanks for your participation in the Appleseed, will try to be more up on my game next time. There will be a next time, right? And you are going to bring a friend! :F
... to catch the fire in another American for sharing the skills and our heritage to our posterity. Maybe my perfect shots will be made by those I met along the trials and trails of Appleseed. I know that America is a nation of Riflemen.