News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Cloverdale, IN October 25-26, 2014 AAR

Started by Eddie, October 27, 2014, 10:06:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie

We had a beautiful weekend for shooting.  No precipitation, little wind, temperatures in the low 70's on Saturday and high 60's on Sunday.  Range facilities at Cloverdale are excellent with a heated and air conditioned club house, indoor plumbing and lighted shelters right off the firing line.  We had nine shooters on the line for Saturday and twelve on Sunday.  We made a new rifleman, had two others re-qualify and had more pushing up into the 200's.  Our youngest shooter was 10 years old and our oldest was 67. 

Let's post up some pictures!
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

BrotherBill3

I had a great time and a great event - first off Thanks to Eddie, Grey Fox (IIRC) and DaveD for the instruction, history and a great 2 days at the range.  I didn't quite get to the shooting goal; But I improved, in score and consistency; I am closing the gap. It was fun to learn and shoot with a great group of patriots! 

I have a few pictures and more to add, but it must wait.

DaveD

Fantastic weekend.  The weather couldn't have been better, with a great group of shooters
We Had Fun  O0
"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind."

Thomas Jefferson

BrotherBill3

I had a great Appleseed, no rifleman patch this time for me (yet); but I got closer. ... transition - and finding that state of "relaxed" focus.

DaveD, Eddie, and GreyFox did a great job! We had 1 new patch and a few 'repeat offenders' (Kidding)
History is always awesome.

RBS - please to shoot with you! thanks for the stakes for the tarp; by my next run at this, I will probably have a set or 2 of those.
I'm not sure who else on INGO was there.
Here are some pictures and stuff that I have of this.

My series of photos ...

Link to the album:
http://s1054.photobucket.com/user/bslikeiii/library/Appleseed/2014-10%2025_26%20Cloverdale

Grey Fox showing the loop sling:

and Prone:

THIRD STRIKE OF THE MATCH pt 1

THIRD STRIKE OF THE MATCH pt 2

THIRD STRIKE OF THE MATCH pt 3

One of the FTF's on Day 1, I had 2 more of these on Day 2 - CCI Mini-Mags - HP's on Day two - I think RN on day 1.

Second View - the one on day 1 was actually stuck but was on morning squares - day 2's ejected, but were during AQT's (including the 200)

Morning Day 2 - a fine day for an April ... wait ... well it could be April ... Morning

Day 2 Redcoats are up!! The Regulars are out!!

Sighting Squares Day 2 ... by this point in time; I think the Tasco is 1/2 MOA/Click, not 1/4 as marked. ... UGH.
If my eyes were better ... and younger ... if's a big word.

NOTE: I ended up w/ going w/ HP's for the day. I used the LRN's yesterday; but wouldn't have had enough to finish.

Dangerous Old Men - and Lunch ...

One new Rifleman - Here is Bob (no relation - just Bob :dunno:) receiving his patch ... (I think it was Bob, wasn't it?)

My day 2 scores, by including by stage. Further analysis pending.

Two stage 4 targets next to last AQT from BB3:
Pretty pleased. I called the one in the V on the far right.

Thank again everyone for 2 great days of history, marksmanship and the finest of all American heritage.

HoosierTiMMAY

I had a wonderful time at the firing line this weekend starting out on Saturday teaching 54 Boy Scouts how to properly handle and shoot bolt action rifles, many of the Scouts had never had the opportunity to shoot a rifle before. I finishing up the weekend by re-qualifying Rifleman and getting the opportunity to listen to the sweet pur of Rodney's M1 Garand at the line.

I would like to thank Eddie, DavyD and GreyFox for putting on a wonderful event. Congratulations to Bob for qualifying Rifleman. I would also like to thank everyone who stepped up to the firing line this weekend and exercise their right to keep and bear arms.
Some people like to workout at the gym, I prefer the gun range.

Follow me on Twitter at twitter.com/HoosierTiMMaY

greyfox

Mellow...that's the word that applies to our shoot this weekend. Trees in full color...perfect weather...wonderful Americans on the firing lines working on their shooting skills...never giving up when challenged with the next level of marksmanship and the next and the next.

There was a buzz about heritage this weekend that had everyone talking about those patriots who came before us...and made it possible for us to enjoy a weekend like that...in liberty.

It was fun to see shooters stepping up on Sunday to help on the instruction review and to share a bit of American history with others. So many possible future instructors on the line this weekend.

Wish I had had a chance to take a few decent photos...thanks to Bill for posting his.

Loren

Eagle Eyed Bob

My son-in-law and I had a wonderful time.  Sorry if the muzzle blasts from my AR rocked some of you :---
I sure liked getting it to rock and roll and was proud to earn my rifleman badge.  Maybe I'll pick up a semi auto 22 and do it again.  BTW, it is Eagle Eyed Bob for the photo caption. :cool2:

greyfox

Congrats again Eagle-Eyed Bob on the patch!

And, no need to ever apologize for AR muzzle blast. ARs rock and roll when in the rhythm of a rifleman's cadence. Sweet music!

Loren