News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Hurlburt Field AFB, Oct 25-26 2014

Started by Engineer shooting, October 27, 2014, 01:11:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Engineer shooting

Hurlburt Field, 17 shooters on Saturday, only 13 returned for Sunday. 6 new Riflemen, 3 requalified and one new IIT taking the Orange Hat. We had a Dad Kevin, mom Brandy and 11 year old daughter Kyla score Rifleman (at least three times apiece). A young family! I'm heavily trying to recruit.   ^:)^

Reid

George

Brandy

Kevin

Kyla

Reudi

Riflemen family

Lucky Lori buys the popcycles on a hot day

AQT special Holloween version

If I knew the world would perish tomorrow, I would still plant my apple tree.        Martin Luther

AdobeWalls

Shooters at Hurlburt Field, Eglin AFB, are members of a private club or guests -- therefore usually with some experience and unusually receptive to good instruction. The instructor cadre is very experienced, and where students are open to it, here's what happened: well more than half the line qualified as new Riflemen (often three and four times each) and several re-qualifiers. We always use lots of Q&DAQT targets at Hurlburt Field, but it's not grinding. Dedicated shooters putting multiple pieces together, that's never a grind. Fine people.
But you and all the kind of Christ are ignorant and brave,
And you have wars you hardly win, and souls you hardly save.
                            -- Chesterton, Ballad of the White Horse, 1911

The easy way is always mined.  -- Murphy's Law of Combat Infantry

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn no other way.  -- Twain