News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Indianapolis, IN March 29th, 2014

Started by spitfire51, April 01, 2014, 11:34:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spitfire51

The day dawned cold, windy, and rainy.  Lesser souls would've taken one glance out their window and said, "nah."  But not Appleseeders.  We get ourselves to the range, and we get to work.  With only one day for the shoot, 4 great Americans quickly got to work learning the marksmanship skills of our forefathers.  After a very promising first redcoat of the day, it was time to shoot up the five squares before starting the day's history story.  By the time lunch was over, so was the rain.  We moved on from the prone to the standing and seated positions, before the day culminated in 3 AQTs to finish the fast-moving day.

I was very proud of all our shooters who braved the elements to attend this weekend's event.  Nobody was quite able to break through the 210 barrier for a Rifleman score, but many came quite close.  John made steady progress through the day as he drank as much from the firehose as he could.  Larry and Kevin just needed a little more polish, if you guys can get to another full weekend shoot I'm very confident you can earn that patch.  Our youngest shooter Steve, who is a month away from heading off to enlist in the Army, broke my heart with a score of 207.  Oh that one was tough to see.  However, we all wish him the best of luck in his upcoming endeavour.

Marion County Fish and Game always puts on great events, and this was one to remember.
"A vote is like a rifle, its usefulness depends on the character of the user" -Theodore Roosevelt

Nate Suns

Sounds like a great time! I wish I could have come but work wouldn't allow for it. I hope you plan to have more MCFG shoots this season so I can get one in on my home range.