News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Alamogordo New Mexico, March 15-16, 2014

Started by duc-dog, March 17, 2014, 09:26:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

duc-dog

The lines were full and we had many new faces join us to hear the history and celebrate our heritage.  The weather was typical of what passes for winter/spring here in southern New Mexico with temp's in the 50's with lot's of wind interspersed with rain and a beautiful blue sky.  The weather was just bad enough to keep things interesting. 
         We had quite a few shooters knocking on the door of that "Rifleman" score and we had three first time "seeders" make that threshold; one shot a boltgun with iron sites.   Remember, only perfect practice makes perfect. and dry fire dry fire dry fire.
        I specifically want to thank the junior shooters that showed up and the parents that made it possible for them to attend.  You are our future.  What America is to become relies on what we are teaching our children. 
         The success of any shoot always depends on the willingness of the students to learn and the instructor corps.  As always New Mexico stepped up to the task.  We had 1 instructor for 3 students.  A pretty good student to teacher ratio by any standards.  Thanks for your hard work and dedication.
You could not ask for a better weekend.   

Until next time; Happy trails   

Milt                       
If you will not fight when you can easily win without bloodshed.
   You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory because it
      is better to perish than to live as slaves.  
         Winston Churchhill (paraphased)

desert_diver

This was my first Appleseed event and I was pleased.  The opportunity to fire several hundred rounds over two days with expert instruction at hand allowed rapid skill development.

In my opinion, the following items made the event work well.

1) High instructor:student ratio.  On the first day, this ratio was 4:9 and 3:9 on the 2nd day.
2) Knowledgeable, patient instructors
3) Motivated students.

Jon.

hotairbill

Just replying to Milt with my name and e-mail.  hotairbill@yahoo.com
Thanks, Bill Butler
If you are not happy doing what you are doing... it's time to change what you are doing!
Rifleman patch, March 16, 2014.  Accepted an ORANGE hat on Sunday, 20 April, in Roswell NM. Now I start "Baby Steps."
Earned Red Hat, May 21, 2017.  Earned Shoot Boss, November 4, 2018!  Look out, Alamogordo, N.M. here comes Appleseed, again!