News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR: Hinckley, MN -- November 23-24, 2013

Started by AFTERMATH, November 26, 2013, 08:48:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AFTERMATH

This weekend will remain frozen in my mind, at least until July.
A cold so cold that only a Riflemen could persevere and remain productive.
Never fear the threat of hypothermia, we had the fire of Liberty to keep us warm! 

Frostbite?  Maybe, I'll tell you as soon as I can feel my lips.

We had three shooters crazy enough to ignore the thermometer and a pessimistic forecast.

Bruce, David and Allison are the names that shall be recorded in history as those who survived the IcicleSeed of 2013.

For two days the felt the chill, as JOEMORGAN and myself proceeded to drench them to the very bone with our fire hose course of fire.  But the fire of Liberty burnt so hot and so brightly that it could not go out.  In fact, it only grew in size as we poured more upon them.  Fueled by the story of April 19th, 1775 - the shooters persisted. 

On days like these, mere persistence ought to be enough to earn them some level of recognition.  But these shooters did more than that.  They improved.  Over the course of two days they became better marksmen and are well on their way to becoming better Americans.  While they still have some work left to do, they are well upon their journey to becoming Riflemen. 

They shall lead the way and America shall follow.

Thank you to all who made this event happen.  Your heart should swell with pride, knowing that while others sat in the warm comfort of their homes, doing nothing of value because it is 'too cold' - you embraced the adversity.  In the fine tradition of Appleseed, you ignored the weather in hopes of improving the climate by partaking in the American tradition of Liberty and Markmsanship!

See you on the Appleseed Trail!
"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship Instructors on the planet." - Son of Martha

"Tyrants rise and fall, but tyranny lasts forever." -Me

[What kind of megalomaniac quotes himself?]

AFTERMATH

Oh, and did I mention that ALL of them managed to hit that little rectangle on the last redcoat target. 
:cool2:

"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship Instructors on the planet." - Son of Martha

"Tyrants rise and fall, but tyranny lasts forever." -Me

[What kind of megalomaniac quotes himself?]

JOEMORGAN

Took me a bit to post...battling a nasty bug. Anyway thanks to Alex and our three patriots that battled the elements over the weekend. It was cold but enjoyed every minute of it.
"Man did not enter society to be worse off, or to have fewer rights, but rather to have those rights better secured" --Thomas Paine

"Humanity has won it's battle, Liberty has a country" --Marquis de Lafayette

"These are not men, but devils" --Colonel Francisco de Paula-Milan, Mexican Army, Camerone 30 April 1863

JOEMORGAN

More photos....
"Man did not enter society to be worse off, or to have fewer rights, but rather to have those rights better secured" --Thomas Paine

"Humanity has won it's battle, Liberty has a country" --Marquis de Lafayette

"These are not men, but devils" --Colonel Francisco de Paula-Milan, Mexican Army, Camerone 30 April 1863