News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

San Antonio, TX - Nov 23, 2013 AAR

Started by Bullet, November 26, 2013, 07:48:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bullet

Any Texan who shows up to spend a day outside in the miserable freezing cold must be serious about wanting to learn, and I think these folks were!  O0

Thanks to everyone who came out for our first event in this location. We had fabulous instructors and hard-working students who were a pleasure to work with.

Congratulations to Alejandra on her Rifleman patch! Come back, bring your friends, and help us start our San Antonio instructor corps! Besides Alejandra, several others are within close reach of that patch....y'all keep dryfiring and come back to another shoot very soon, ok?

Special thanks to Bobbi, the facilitator of the San Antonio A Girl And A Gun group. Bobbi was super helpful in getting the shoot organized and helping with logistics - without her, we wouldn't have had this event.

Thanks also to Kyle and Brock from A Place to Shoot for hosting the event. We look forward to potentially continuing to work with them for future events.

I'm posting the few pictures I took. I suspect drip drop and Hilltop may have a few more...

Everyone else, feel free to chime in with any comments or pictures you'd like to share!
"Men do less than they ought unless they do all that they can." --Thomas Carlyle

"But we are not called to lives of prestige; we are called to lives of faithfulness. And sometimes faithfulness is just mundane and daily and ordinary and one foot in front of the other." --N. Adams

TJ Kackowski

A Texas Winterseed!  This was no Coeur d'Alene Idaho, but when you're 110°F tough, 40°F is definitely winter weather.

Congratulations to all for toughing it out.

PaleRider

There's another Appleseed (2-day) in Fredericksburg in 2-1/2 weeks if you want to shoot another right away. I'm shooting that one as my first, but A Place to Shoot is my regular range. I would love to start my instructor path!  ~~:)
"And I looked, and behold a pale horse; and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him." Rev 6:8

Texas Gal

Thank you to all of the Appleseed instructors for a great event!  I hope we'll be seeing more events at A Place to Shoot in the future.  I will definitely be back.  I already ordered new sights for my rifle because next time I'm using iron ones.   ;)

Alejandra

drip drop

I wish I was faster with these, but here they are: more pics!

I enjoyed working this shoot.  For our first time at this range, I think things went pretty smoothly.  We had a great group with good skills.  Congrats to  Alejandra on her Rifleman score!  Bobbi was more or less there too, and I bet one more try will do the job.  As Bullet says, dry fire practice!

I hope to see you all again soon.

Ray

:pop: