News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Coupeville, WA 26-27 October 2013

Started by Earl, October 25, 2013, 05:06:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Earl

This is where I will find out how wonderfully the Appleseed went, but it doesn't start until tomorrow, although the shooters have been researching how to prepare, doing (if they had an Appleseed before) dry practice of the six steps and making sure the equipment and shooter are up to the challenge.  O0

Yes, I was thinking about you Carol, thanks for bringing Art and Jenny, great to see you persevering after your start in Custer Appleseed. ^:)^

Two great days, nineteen shooters on Saturday, four RWVA instructors, 13 shooters (getting close to Halloween?) on Sunday, which started with a bit of rain. It was fine, on the first day we discovered if I kept talking the Sun would come out and warm us a bit. Good thing to know. ;D

Comments made by the shooters were noted: Earl presented Inches, Minutes and Clicks.... one of the shooters, female, then quietly asked Tracey_B to explain that in 'woman', Earl will have to work on that presentation. :-[

Cubflyr did a great job on the first day, so much so that the Sunday RWVA instructors were finding that one of the shooters thought his not being there Sunday was a 'bummer'. ::)

Great attitude and participation in the drills and all safe shooting, only blood loss was from stapling fingers instead of targets. All the instruction was challenging. For sure by the second Redcoat the instruction was coming together. :)

All the instructors were pleased with the pace and the shooters stayed apace improving. It was very good to present the KD instruction and shoot, everyone, with a hundred yard target, demonstrating the bullet drop or rise and the rifleman's dance. Father and son shooting team on the centerfire rifles was great. :~ :--- Well, they were only firing semiauto, but on target. ^:)^

Thank you all shooters, RWVA instructors, and family support units lending your interest and potential seventh stepping, hope to see everyone doing great things in our future, this was one of my best Appleseeds, and couldn't have done it without you. :cool2:
... to catch the fire in another American for sharing the skills and our heritage to our posterity. Maybe my perfect shots will be made by those I met along the trials and trails of Appleseed. I know that America is a nation of Riflemen.

Earl

Such a great weekend on Whidbey Island, often a tourist destination I have been told. I hit the Mukilteo Ferry at 0600 on Saturday, and caught the 1800 one from Clinton on Sunday... after a kind but upset lady tapped rapidly on my windshield to wake me from the sound sleep I had fallen into, before the waiting lanes were moving onto the ferry. One chocolate bar, a fine apple and large black coffee later I was able to continue the drive on I5 to my home in Spanaway... I love traveling Appleseed shows. :))
... to catch the fire in another American for sharing the skills and our heritage to our posterity. Maybe my perfect shots will be made by those I met along the trials and trails of Appleseed. I know that America is a nation of Riflemen.

oladcock

Good job WaSh*tonians! Good to see photos from my ol' stomping grounds. Been gone long enough for the rust to wear off.......O.L.
"The price good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." Plato 400BC

President Roswell Gun Club
AQT 246
WSMR 03-10 ... Sapper Steel
IBC 2018
KD Ft. Bliss Tx. 214  2019
IBC 2021

Roswell, NM
Carlsbad NM
El Paso Tx
Lubbock Tx
New Deal Tx
Levelland Tx
Alamogordo NM
Alburquerque NM
41 Lead Farm Tx

BeSwift

Damn... I was just out this a couple of weeks ago. Going to have to time my future schedule with the shoots next time.. Great to see the program going strong on Whidbey!  BeSwift 
"The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well"
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Happiness =  Reality - Expectations

Tracey_B

What a great weekend. I enjoyed working with and meeting all the shooters. What a fun group!!! Thank you all for being part of our weekend. We look forward to seeing you at another Appleseed event.

Here is a link to pictures:  https://picasaweb.google.com/103938554850868586630/CoupevilleAppleseed102613

grantizzle

So THIS is the forum thay kept being mentioned!  Now I get it.

I had an excellent time this weekend. A wonderful expierence with an excellent staff. I'll be singing your praises for a long, long time. Can hardly wait to get back to another.

-Grant (rifleman)

Earl

Next month in Yakima, or Ariel in Washington. Or you could look to go border jumping, Oregon or Idaho.  Read the material, work on your rifle and always the positions, the six steps in taking the shot, and calling it, and read some more about why our heritage is so important, before if fades away in the glow of the media  headlights and entertainment.

Yankee Terrier

Hello Earl, I couldn't get the days off(for coupeville),  but I will be working on 7th step stuff here in Port Townsend,  which first will be talking to the range leadership. And then of course RL and the rest of appleseed to get Port Townsend on the calendar....I am Yankee Terrier aka Jay the new orange hat from Port Townsend...Thanks for your work Earl. Molon Labe!