News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

SCOUTSEED: NRA WHITTINGTON CENTER, RATON, NM. OCT. 19-20, 2013

Started by TaosGlock, October 20, 2013, 09:56:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TaosGlock

The NM crew just finished one of the most awesome events to date. And with some of the most incredible folks to whom we can teach marksmanship and heritage: The Boy Scouts of America.
18 members from Troop 88 from Colorado Springs, CO came down and even camped out in the chilly 18 degree high country of New Mexico.

Every Scout who left this weekend has their Rifle Merit Badge!
Mission accomplished!

HUZZAH!

Our country will be in good hands when these young men take over the reins.
John Adams would be proud!

BF and I are packing up to return tomorrow so we will get more details and pics later.
89 fantastic Appleseeds since 2008/24 Libertyseeds!
Adventure Camp Director/Current Lead Rifle Instructor: NRA WC Raton,NM
New Mexico's first Rifleman: Sept. 2008 NRAWC
Their walls are filled with cannonballs, their motto is don't tread on me-Grateful Dead
Liberty is not a cruise ship full of pampered passengers. It is a man of war and we are all crew-Boston T. Party
"Make no mistake, when you cheer for the people of the American Revolution, you are cheering for traitors and criminals.
They broke the law, because liberty is always illegal"- Larken Rose

TaosGlock

The states highest peak, Wheeler Pk,13, 159' is just minutes from the NRAWC.

A pair of Antelope bucks wander aimlessly thru the last vestiges of grass.

A small deer heard sneaks thru the line between a COF.

Instruction on the line:

...more later

Their walls are filled with cannonballs, their motto is don't tread on me-Grateful Dead
Liberty is not a cruise ship full of pampered passengers. It is a man of war and we are all crew-Boston T. Party
"Make no mistake, when you cheer for the people of the American Revolution, you are cheering for traitors and criminals.

TaosGlock

History time:

100 yard KD winners for best group!

...more later.

TaosGlock

25M "Bench" Rifleman on the Greencoats:

...and more!

TaosGlock

Thanks for all your hard work Troop 88! You guys are the best!

Thanks to all the Dad's who brought these fine young men.

Thanks to Tom Callahan for helping work out the logistics!

Thanks to all my instructors:
My wife  Gillian(Bluefeather), we have been together for 25 years!

David (NMMI9100), Warren (CaptWa) and Jeff (Cowboy Harper)-A huge thanks to you guys! O0

And thanks to the staff at the NRAWC for the use of the prestigious and private (it's off limits to the hoi polloi) Coors Range.  :bow:

Thanks to our Founders who shed blood on April 19th, 1775 to secure our liberties with their effective marksmanship!
We will never forget your sacrifices!

Group shot: Scouts, instructors with Tom Callahan!

CS Bald Eagle

I wanted to thank Dan and your team for the fantastic time we had at the Whittington center. We not only worked on the rifle merit badge we worked on marksmanship and the American Heritage Merit Badge. It was a lot of fun to see the confidence levels climb as we saw shot groups go from 8-10 inches to about 1 to 2 inches for most people. We even saw one scout get a perfect 250 score on the mini Qualification test and 9 of us that scored over the 210 qualifying mark.

Thanks again for your expertise in teaching and your passion for teaching our American Heritage.