News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Rising Fawn, GA MID-WEEK Appleseed Oct 23-24, 2013

Started by SureShotSpartan, October 26, 2013, 01:23:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SureShotSpartan

As we began our second mid-week event of the year in Rising Fawn, we were blessed with perfect conditions to be outdoors!!!  With the line set with 13 shooters and 5 Instructors, we were ready to begin.  After the welcome speech and safety briefing, we were quickly underway with our first Red Coat of the event. :---

Since Regulator was doing his Instructor Progress Check, your humble author tasked him with ALL of the instruction for the ENTIRE day.  Not only was he up to the job, HE EXCELLED GREATLY!!  GREAT JOB, REGULATOR!!   O0

With each drill, the students eagerly absorbed the finer points of marksmanship conveyed, and with each drill performed, they began to develop good habits.  Each student found multiple ways to "pay" the Instructor Cadre with excellent questions and faithful attention to detail!!  THANKS GUYS!!

During our lunch break, Ramblinwreck (First Strike) and Rusty (Second Strike) recounted the riveting events from the morning of April 19th and during our afternoon break, Over Mountain Man (Third Strike) finished the story with soul stirring accuracy!!  GREAT JOB!!

After lunch, we moved back to the line and continued the instruction under a BRIGHT BLUE sky.  As we introduced new positions, all of the students continued their dedication to improvement.  On both AQTs of the day, several of the shooters shot very respectable scores!!

An end of the day treat, planned the night before, was enjoyed by all.  Our friends and fellow Instructors, Morpheus and Cipher, stopped by the range where Morpheus gave an emotional speech, channeling his inner Patrick Henry!!!  HUZZAH!!   

Thursday began in much the same way as the day before, with one exception.  Ramblinwreck arrived to the range early and had a roaring campfire prepared for the enjoyment of all!  Thanks Wreck!!  To take advantage of this "luxury", it was decided to review the previous day's points of instruction around the fire, "cafe style".  Over Mountain Man and the rest of the Instructors did a great job engaging our students with thought provoking conversation.  That was the "sign" I was looking for.  We were primed for a GREAT DAY!!

Prior to moving to the line, Michael (MUCH TO HIS SURPRISE!!) was called upon to accept his Rifleman patch for shooting a qualifying score of 210 and was "refreshed" with COOL water from the North Bridge.  Congratulations "Gouch"!!

The day was well spent by each person there.  Charles came VERY close to qualifying multiple times, Brian and Chantel continued to improve as did Nathan, Matthew, Jacob and Jaimie.  I'm confident that each of you, with more practice and perseverance will "get over the hump".  Often times, all that is needed to qualify is to put together four good stages.  Each of you are to be commended for your progress and improvement!!!  O0

Throughout the day, Michael shot a 211, 210 and lastly a 227!!  I hope your wife is able to join you on the line at our next event!! 

Jonathan shot a qualifying score of 211 to become the newest Rifleman in his family!!  He also requested and accepted a new "colored" hat, exchanging his Blue hat for an Orange hat!!  Welcome to the Instructor In Training program, Jonathan!!  You'll make a fine Instructor one day. 

Jesse, not to be outdone by his other family members,  ;) requested and accepted his brother's Blue hat!!  Thank you for joining our noble cause!!  I look forward to working with you at future events!!

The patriarch of the family, Regulator, passed his Instructor Progress Check with relative ease and became the Tri-State area's newest Red Hat!!!  Wear it with pride brother, YOU'VE EARNED IT!!!

I must say, I particularly enjoyed issuing a new Red hat to a father, watching his son put on his dad's Orange hat, and seeing a younger brother don the Blue hat worn by his sibling!!  After all this excitement, Ramblinwreck made a sobering comment, "Without an understanding of their HERITAGE, each generation starts over."  I'm proud to know that this family, and many others like it, understand their heritage and know very well what they are about.

MAY LIBERTY INCREASE!!

P.S.  Please feel free to add your comments and pictures!!!

Bowman 7-13
Pelham 2-14
Calera 1-15
Pelham 2-19

"It does not take a majority to prevail... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men. " -Samuel Adams

SureShotSpartan

A beautiful day for an Appleseed!

It was great seeing several families on the line together!

Great turn out! Especially for a mid-week event!

The History was captivating and engaging,

and the marksmanship was exceptional!

My kinsmen:

Bowman 7-13
Pelham 2-14
Calera 1-15
Pelham 2-19

"It does not take a majority to prevail... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men. " -Samuel Adams

SureShotSpartan

Regulator and Jonathon

Beauty beheld!

I'm short on words

Regulator receiving his new hat!

That hat looks much better!!

Regulator presented with a custom flogger

Jonathan requesting an Orange Hat

Regulator is proud of his son's new hat,

but Jonathan is more proud, I believe.

Jesse is proud to continue his family's legacy

A proud family moment!

Overmountain Man calling the line "like a boss"!

Regulator enjoying some much deserved trigger time

Rusty, making flags look good for over forty years!

Jaimie is in the "bubble"

Mr. Gadsden approved this message!

A hearty thanks to Mrs. Regulator for the excellent photos!!
Bowman 7-13
Pelham 2-14
Calera 1-15
Pelham 2-19

Regulator

This Appleseed was a great milestone for me and my family! Thanks Wreck, Spartan and Rusty for your help, support and friendship (not to mention my very own name tag and "flogger)! What a great bunch of shooters we had for a mid-week shoot! Everybody really seemed to learn a lot and everybody showed a lot of improvement. I expect to see these folks back on the line soon! HUZZAH!
RBC Ramseur 2/13
IBC Pelham, TN 2/14
RBC Ramseur 3/14 (Re-qualified w/ 224)
KD Qualified Pelham, TN 12/14
RBC Calera, AL 1/15
KD re-qualified 1/16

Guardian

Congrats to Regulator on the Red Hat! I know you will put that custom flogger to good use.

I continue to be amazed at the patriotism of the inhabitants of this corner of the world. You turned out more representatives for a mid week shoot than many venues can generate on a weekend! Great job!

Excellent write up and photos.

Maximum Ordinate

It was a pleasure to work with everyone last week, especially because everyone arrived upbeat and ready to learn, in spite of the chilly first day!

Here are some pictures from the review on Thursday morning!

"... the most valuable of all talents, that of never using two words where one will do."
-Thomas Jefferson

We're in the Liberty business.  Stay on Mission - Stay on Message.

Want to be a more effective Instructor?  Visit Appleseed Academy.