News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

April 21-22, 2012 -- Hinckley, MN

Started by Notaeh, March 28, 2012, 05:27:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Notaeh

We need a discussion thread on this one...  Is it sold out yet?

Kid is signed up for both days.
Wife is signed up for Sunday.

I can help out on Saturday if needed.

Why go to this one?

Redcoat AQT's

Last year I went to this one and it was fun.  Somehow I don't think there will be snow like the last couple years.

AFTERMATH

Thanks for getting the ball rolling!

Quote from: Notaeh on March 28, 2012, 05:27:34 PM
We need a discussion thread on this one...  Is it sold out yet?

Kid is signed up for both days.
Wife is signed up for Sunday.

I can help out on Saturday if needed.

Why go to this one?

Redcoat AQT's

Last year I went to this one and it was fun.  Somehow I don't think there will be snow like the last couple years.

Last I checked we're about 1/3 full!  No snow in the forecast, but we can still hope! ..:..
Redcoat AQT's!  Huzza!  -And I've got a ton of 'em too!  Noteah wanted to finish them all off last year, but the moon was reflecting off of the snow, making it difficult to see the target line.  >:D 
Scott, send a PM to Instructor Scheduling - Ask them to put you down for Saturday.

See you all on the line!
"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship Instructors on the planet." - Son of Martha

"Tyrants rise and fall, but tyranny lasts forever." -Me

[What kind of megalomaniac quotes himself?]

Puma Mami

I'm signed up for the weekend, but if I get there it will be just on Sunday. I have to be at a congressional district convention all day that Saturday.
"Saving America...lots of things are easier to accomplish, few are more worthwhile." ~Fred

"In the depth of winter I finally learned that there was in me an invincible summer."  ~Albert Camus

AFTERMATH

Come on folks!  Let's get this shoot sold out!
"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship Instructors on the planet." - Son of Martha

AFTERMATH

Looks like I got a bunch of the new shirts in!

If you wanna get one or see what they look like; you'll have to sign up people!
Hint:  There's more than one color now. ;)

Also, chances are this will be the only time I'll have them for a while - Gotta use up the old stock first, but I'll let it slide for this weekend!

Taylor

I'm with you there in spirit MN Sisters and Brothers as I try to get some warm bodies out on the line in Spooner, WI here in my neighborhood.
Honoring the memory of Adonijah Taylor (1730-1810) my Grandfather seven generations back, Deerfield MA Militiaman and Patriot, who answered the alarm on April 19, 1775 and along with his six sons served in the War of the Revolution.

"What good fortune for governments that the people do not think." - Adolf Hitler

"All political power comes from the barrel of a gun. The communist party must command all the guns, that way, no guns can ever be used to command the party." - Mao Tse Tung

"Those bold enough to believe that they can change the world, are usually those which do."
-Albert Einstein

"Let Freedom never perish in your hands."
-Joseph Addison

Yuppiejr

I'll be there both days, rookie Applessed shooter with years of bad habits to break.   :sos:
"Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician." - Jeff Cooper

AFTERMATH

Quote from: Yuppiejr on April 16, 2012, 04:32:44 PM
I'll be there both days, rookie Applessed shooter with years of bad habits to break.   :sos:

Perfect!  Breaking bad habits is kinda a specialty of ours!   &)

>:D

See you there! O0 

Taylor, I take it your cloning experiments have yet to prove successful...

Oh, well, there's always Labor Day weekend! ^-^

russellmn

just signed up to lend a hand.  I'm WAY out of practice on the history side of it, but can do my share teaching the shooting part.  ;D
Pugna pro Patria

www.nationalmatch.us

Notaeh

Nice.  My weather report says cold and rain and wind.  If we bring a canopy it will keep the rain away.  No canopy and we will be super soggy.

Cooper

Quote from: russellmn on April 18, 2012, 06:43:36 PM
just signed up to lend a hand.  I'm WAY out of practice on the history side of it, but can do my share teaching the shooting part.  ;D

Great to see you back!!
"This Appleseed thing doesn't look like it would be for everyone, but it really is." Zac, age 7  كافر
"He who dares not offend cannot be honest." ~ Thomas Paine    "Cooper, you're an a**hole!" - recent Shoot Boss's compliment
"I don't know where "brave" leaves off and "foolish" picks up, but you've certainly got your share of courage." - FuzzyMath
"For the Rifle!, the Rifle!, in our hands will prove no trifle!" ~from the lyrics of "The Bennington Riflemen"
Understand the urgency of our mission; no amount of bailing can raise a sunken ship.
I don't want to be forced back into the darkness.

"Shut up and color." - slim

Yuppiejr

Thanks Alex, Russell and Scott for volunteering and running a great event this weekend, after many years and countless shots fired this was my first attempt at formal rifle training and I am both inspired and humbled by the experience.  I'll be back (hopefully in May) with a few friends/family and coworkers in tow. :bow: 
"Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician." - Jeff Cooper

AFTERMATH

Quote from: Yuppiejr on April 22, 2012, 11:57:57 PM
Thanks Alex, Russell and Scott for volunteering and running a great event this weekend, after many years and countless shots fired this was my first attempt at formal rifle training and I am both inspired and humbled by the experience.  I'll be back (hopefully in May) with a few friends/family and coworkers in tow. :bow:

Looking forward to it! -:)

Here's the official After-Action Report(AAR)